The 2019 Jub Jub Memorial Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

5-time Bathurst winner Steven Richards retires from supercars co-driving.
Probably stiff not to have at least one ATCC/Supercars title too , was VERY fast when he was at Perkins

I would say he was the perfect driver to complement the drivers that would win the championship. Always fast, but never quite had enough to win the championship. Just the kind of performance you need to create an interesting title race.

Totally agree with this.

At the very least he was easily the better son of a legend...

Steven Richards
Steven Johnson
Jack Perkins
James Brock
James Moffat

Totally agree with this.

Steven Richards
Steven Johnson
Jack Perkins
James Brock
James Moffat
Not an amazing list is it !!!!

Unless of course you throw Glenn Seton and Alan Jones into the mix, or the Davisons, Skaife too.

Idk about stiff tbh?

He had his opportunities with FPR, and was no where near it. Winterbottom didn't win a championship til 15, but was often up there when Richo was lagging.
Where did i mention FPR ??

I said he was stiff when he was at Perkins

Totally agree with this.

Steven Richards
Steven Johnson
Jack Perkins
James Brock
James Moffat

I think Junior would've turned out better had he gone to another team first, and had a better car (for as much as I followed DJR when he was racing, that was a definitively mid-pack team).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Junior would've turned out better had he gone to another team first, and had a better car (for as much as I followed DJR when he was racing, that was a definitively mid-pack team).
That and not waiting until halfway through his career to work on his fitness.

ADP just signed a multi year contract so 3 cars or he gets dropped to just enduros he to good for that.

I reckon DJR might come along with a huge deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back