Science/Environment Extinction Rebellion

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL, wait until I sink my fangs in to this.
The link was in the article so I don’t know why you didn’t do that already.

Read the others, too.

Oh the clique likes you’ll get! It will be wondrous!

Finally a Coalition member speaks the truth about the world.Why has it taken so long @cowardlycoalcoalitionarsonists.

The New South Wales environment minister Matt Kean has split from his federal Coalition counterparts, arguing climate change is behind the bushfire crisis and calling for greater emissions reduction.
As Sydney suffered through air quality 11 times worse than hazardous levels on Tuesday, Kean told the Smart Energy Summit that weather conditions were “exactly what the scientists have warned us would happen”.

If this is not a catalyst for change, then I don’t know what is
Matt Kean
“Longer drier periods, resulting in more drought and bushfire,” he said. “If this is not a catalyst for change, then I don’t know what is.

How much water could we save by not leaving the storage in the open air?

The average water use per person is 340l per day, that's 124,100 a year.

Sydney average rainfall is 1309mm - that's going to see the 124,100 captured by 94m2, 10m x 10m will do it.

So where does all the water go?
God someone must be using up my quota to get the average that high. Our whole house uses less than half that. Unless you add water used making beer...

God someone must be using up my quota to get the average that high. Our whole house uses less than half that. Unless you add water used making beer...
It's huge isn't it.

But you'll catch more than that on your roof over a year, so why aren't we being smarter with that?

Will send you a bottle. Mix it with ginger ale.
I assume this is a joke that has gone over my head. Regardless, please mail me 4kg of your finest worm castings, and in return I'll send you a jar of pasta sauce made with the tomatoes that grow from said castings. The secret is plenty of salt, plenty of garlic, and a dash of hahn superdry... but you didn't hear that from me.

I assume this is a joke that has gone over my head. Regardless, please mail me 4kg of your finest worm castings, and in return I'll send you a jar of pasta sauce made with the tomatoes that grow from said castings. The secret is plenty of salt, plenty of garlic, and a dash of hahn superdry... but you didn't hear that from me.
And your post was a joke that didn't go over my head.

It's huge isn't it.

But you'll catch more than that on your roof over a year, so why aren't we being smarter with that?
How do they get their numbers? Usage for the whole city - including industry?

These days I reckon you're mad if you don't get tanks. Think new builds in Queensland have to have them?

Or not, due to LNP "yore stoppin biznus" mantra:

How do they get their numbers? Usage for the whole city - including industry?

These days I reckon you're mad if you don't get tanks. Think new builds in Queensland have to have them?

Or not, due to LNP "yore stoppin biznus" mantra:

I'm not sure how they work it out but it looks to me like we could have a much easier time of water restrictions if there was a rainfall collection with even slightly better planning, even on farms with their big open dams - spend the money on big tanks instead of pumping in more water to watch half of it evaporate.

As far as nation building goes, building huge rainwater collection tanks to divert storm water into until they are full, then back to how it is now and we live with a years worth of water right there.

Construction industry gets a massive boost building a tank the size of optus stadium.

I'm not sure how they work it out but it looks to me like we could have a much easier time of water restrictions if there was a rainfall collection with even slightly better planning, even on farms with their big open dams - spend the money on big tanks instead of pumping in more water to watch half of it evaporate.

As far as nation building goes, building huge rainwater collection tanks to divert storm water into until they are full, then back to how it is now and we live with a years worth of water right there.

Construction industry gets a massive boost building a tank the size of optus stadium.
I know a couple of guys who put in a 20,000 litre (I think?) tank under their house. I think it was pretty expensive with excavation costs etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a couple of guys who put in a 20,000 litre (I think?) tank under their house. I think it was pretty expensive with excavation costs etc.
There might be a market for garage conversions if/when driving becomes a shared social service as opposed to everyone owning their own cars.

To me, the biggest hurdle is pumping water to a place where it can be cleaned and then put into the existing mains water. I think the existing infrastructure could be used as much as possible to send storm water to a hub (previously soak wells) where the new facility to pump that water to a central storage location near the cleaning would work.

But there would need to be tanks at everyone's home to hold the water there and slowly release it into the sewage system so it doesn't flood it all at once.

So rain to roof, to home detention tank, to sewage system, to cleaning facility, to storage, to circulation.

We would quickly have too much water and close down the desalination plants.

There might be a market for garage conversions if/when driving becomes a shared social service as opposed to everyone owning their own cars.

To me, the biggest hurdle is pumping water to a place where it can be cleaned and then put into the existing mains water. I think the existing infrastructure could be used as much as possible to send storm water to a hub (previously soak wells) where the new facility to pump that water to a central storage location near the cleaning would work.

But there would need to be tanks at everyone's home to hold the water there and slowly release it into the sewage system so it doesn't flood it all at once.

So rain to roof, to home detention tank, to sewage system, to cleaning facility, to storage, to circulation.

We would quickly have too much water and close down the desalination plants.
But then you have the issue of local creeks and waterways relying on the stormwater flow to stay healthy.

But then you have the issue of local creeks and waterways relying on the stormwater flow to stay healthy.
How much of suburban run off ends up somewhere other than the ground where it fell or ocean?

Personally, I think it's a massive natural resource that we are letting disappear and if we had too much fresh water then we can push that inland.

Lived on acreage for 3 1/2 years and had a 60,000 liter tank, never ran out of water and it was a pretty dry time, all it took was one decent storm and it would overflow relatively quickly.

And your post was a joke that didn't go over my head.
That's a no on sharing the castings then? Last year I waited until it was dark and jumped the fence into my neighbour Chang's backyard. I wanted to smuggle a bit of compost out of his bin... MFer must've heard me, he came out and chased me with a hose. Maybe I could go to Bunnings with a loose jacket on, hide a few handfuls of their best soil in there and run for it... that should work. But I digress.

Lived on acreage for 3 1/2 years and had a 60,000 liter tank, never ran out of water and it was a pretty dry time, all it took was one decent storm and it would overflow relatively quickly.
I think ours is total of about 3000 now. They’re mostly empty at the moment waiting for some rain. Poor grass is pretty shriveled.

Governments for not forcing manufacturers to clean up their vehicle emissions. People for pissing and moaning whenever they have to pay a bit more to reduce pollution.

Both for not maintaining, building and using public transport more.

Diesel is getting better, too:

Did you miss the part where - following the signing of the Kyoto protocol climate change agreement in 1997, most rich countries were legally obliged to reduce CO2 emissions by an average of 8% over 15 years? Subsequently, the EU committed car-makers to reduce CO2 emissions by 25% over 10 years.

“It was practically an order to switch to diesel. The European car fleet was transformed from being almost entirely petrol to predominantly diesel. Britain, along with Germany, France and Italy, offered subsidies and sweeteners to persuade car makers and the public to buy diesel,” said Simon Birkett, director of the Clean Air London group.​
The European auto industry ramped up diesel engine production. Under EU pressure, governments kept the diesel price below that of petrol. In the UK, the amount motorists paid in vehicle excise duty was linked to cars’ CO2 emissions, effectively incentivising people to buy diesels.​

It was the Kyoto CO2 emissions target and the EU policies to switch the European car fleet to diesel that caused the NO2 poisoning that you are complaining about. And it's a good example of what harm can be done by well intentioned but ignorant people.

Don't see how climate change is affecting air pollution in London when you can just drive an hour out of the city and its nice fresh country air.

Maybe the problem is too many people living in one place?

Last edited:
Did you miss the part where - following the signing of the Kyoto protocol climate change agreement in 1997, most rich countries were legally obliged to reduce CO2 emissions by an average of 8% over 15 years? Subsequently, the EU committed car-makers to reduce CO2 emissions by 25% over 10 years.

“It was practically an order to switch to diesel. The European car fleet was transformed from being almost entirely petrol to predominantly diesel. Britain, along with Germany, France and Italy, offered subsidies and sweeteners to persuade car makers and the public to buy diesel,” said Simon Birkett, director of the Clean Air London group.​
The European auto industry ramped up diesel engine production. Under EU pressure, governments kept the diesel price below that of petrol. In the UK, the amount motorists paid in vehicle excise duty was linked to cars’ CO2 emissions, effectively incentivising people to buy diesels.​

It was the Kyoto CO2 emissions target and the EU policies to switch the European car fleet to diesel that caused the NO2 poisoning that you are complaining about. And it's a good example of what harm can be done by well intentioned but ignorant people.
Yeah yeah greenies mumble mumble.

Did you read about manufacturers not fixing the other emissions? No?

Finally a Coalition member speaks the truth about the world.Why has it taken so long @cowardlycoalcoalitionarsonists.

The New South Wales environment minister Matt Kean has split from his federal Coalition counterparts, arguing climate change is behind the bushfire crisis and calling for greater emissions reduction.
As Sydney suffered through air quality 11 times worse than hazardous levels on Tuesday, Kean told the Smart Energy Summit that weather conditions were “exactly what the scientists have warned us would happen”.

If this is not a catalyst for change, then I don’t know what is
Matt Kean
“Longer drier periods, resulting in more drought and bushfire,” he said. “If this is not a catalyst for change, then I don’t know what is.

Absolutely nothing to do with firebugs who started the fires. Absolutely with you 100%. There were no fires before climate crisis deniers. No Ash Wednesday or Black Friday because we didn’t have climate change then. Nothing to do with lower back burning levels. Absolutely got to be climate change.

Climate change equals intensity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back