List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant nickname for the young fella! Someone should send it through to the club as it would be a marketing extravaganza for both...

Well done Prophetic.
thanks to my grandson (Marcel) for making me watch Guardians I and II ...well truth is i made him watch it but anyway he had a lot to do with it..he's the one who really thougt of it when he saw JACK and GROOT together.... ..ha! so if it appeals to a nine year old boy it will appeal to most of us on here!!!

RYAN BYRNES (no.52 to St Kilda): “Ryan has been battling the odds since he was 16, when he didn’t make our best 25. He was told he wasn’t good enough for the position and size he was, so he went away and has worked on his body over the last couple of years. Now his body is ready for the midfield.

“He finds the footy, he’s hard at it and he kicks it well but at times he’s messy with it – he’s like (ex-St Kilda midfielder) Jack Steven. He’s going to earn respect really quickly though, because he’ll work really hard.”

LEO CONNOLLY (no.64 to St Kilda): “There was a lot of buzz for Leo after the season because his form was great from mid-year onwards. He’s the best two-sided kick I’ve ever seen, including at AFL level – it’s a complete mirror image on both sides. He can kick to long targets on both feet at pace and I’ve hardly ever seen that before.

“Couple that with his speed and agility, I think he’s tailor-made for AFL football. I’d expect him to play at half-back and he’ll keep improving as he spends more time in an elite environment, so I think he’s an inspired pick by St Kilda.”

JACK BELL (Rookie Draft pick no.5 to St Kilda): “Jack is an athletic big man. He’ll be similar to (ex-St Kilda ruck) Lewis Pierce – the Saints will need to put time into him and it might take him two or three years to play his first AFL game.

“He kicks it really well, he has great hands and he’s a good size at 202cm. If they set him on a path to put five kilos on over the next 12 months, that might be his first step. He’s with his best mate Max King at the club, too.”

I spoke to Jackson Voss. Saints told him two weeks before the draft they were not going to draft him because they were going after players with speed as a main attribute. I would imagine that may be similar why they didn't draft Milne.

Also Talent , Saints were going after players with talent.

Clubs have been asked to consider the idea of a second trade period after the NAB AFL Draft i THINK THAT WOULD BE GREAT IN OUR SITUATION ...WITH THE HOPE TO JAG A DISGRUNTLED AGRADE MID

I spoke to Jackson Voss. Saints told him two weeks before the draft they were not going to draft him because they were going after players with speed as a main attribute. I would imagine that may be similar why they didn't draft Milne.
Well they kept to their promise

Clubs have been asked to consider the idea of a second trade period after the NAB AFL Draft i THINK THAT WOULD BE GREAT IN OUR SITUATION ...WITH THE HOPE TO JAG A DISGRUNTLED AGRADE MID
SPOT ON MATE. TOTALLY AGREE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No-one cares about Bailey Rice's feelings, after we convinced him to nominate us.
And the club gave him 4 yrs to see if he was up to the standard of playing regular AFL footy and he wasn't.
We paid him very well for those yrs and now he will be on handy coin playing at a lower grade . Something I think he will excel at.
Nobody was treated badly there.

And the club gave him 4 yrs to see if he was up to the standard of playing regular AFL footy and he wasn't.
We paid him very well for those yrs and now he will be on handy coin playing at a lower grade . Something I think he will excel at.

and no-one else wanted to rookie, Jackson or tyson either.

the only badly treated person (which was done by carlton) was the deluca . picking him up mid season from WA.

While it will suck if Gubbs is actually leaving as "rumored". Hopefully we have gotten in enough of the right people off and on the field, that we have a strong core group of players along side promising young players and if next year plays out how we hope. We wont need people like gubbs to help attract talent as our football is doing the talking.

P.S why am i still on big footy every day in December, do i need to see a doctor?

Last edited:
While it will suck if Gubbs is actually leaving as "rumored". Hopefully we have gotten in enough of the right people off and on the field, that we have a strong core group of players along side promising young players and if next year plays out how we hope. We wont need people like gubbs to help attract talent as our football is doing the talking.

P.S why am i still on big footy every day in December, do i need to see a doctor?

Gubby did the same for North, came, got his players and walked. I don't think he's the type we need on the books permanently. We can't afford to do what we did in 2019 year after year. Now we need to start drafting in quality. Probably don't really have much of that until 2021 either unfortunately. Next year is already pretty compromised and I think we'll chase one more established player with our first pick in 2020.

Gubby did the same for North, came, got his players and walked. I don't think he's the type we need on the books permanently. We can't afford to do what we did in 2019 year after year. Now we need to start drafting in quality. Probably don't really have much of that until 2021 either unfortunately. Next year is already pretty compromised and I think we'll chase one more established player with our first pick in 2020.
Spot on. 👏
“Fortius Quo Fidelius”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back