News Tom Jonas sole captain for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s an indictment on the current regime. This might be an unpopular opinion but I think we should consider sacking a few heads.

Now now, let's not be hasty.

Well I suppose Connor would know more about Jonas, than anyone posting here LOL.
So what can we say.
sure theres definitely no power imbalance in this situation that might make publicly speaking out against a very recent club decision more difficult

Regardless of which family member it may have been, why does someone in their mid 20's need others in his family to get involved in his professional life?

There are virtually only two ways to spin it, ie he either has a number of interfering relatives who won't let go, or he is still immature and needs them to organise some aspects of his life, and I suspect it may be a bit of both.
Well on previous info he does seem to have a few interfering relatives. Mum dad brother for a start seem to feel the need to give their two bob’s worth. Makes you wonder if Ollie is a bit overprotected which might explain his problems in dealing with the captaincy last year.
They need to butt out perhaps and allow Ollie to grow up.

He is not my first choice of captain but I'm more than prepared to give him a go as the sole front man rather that spending the next six months bitching about this appointment, some people will only be happy if Tom doesn't go well at the gig as it will appease their own hopes and/or belief that he will fail.
I'm more than happy to have all the negative stuff thrown towards KH and DK as they are proven failures.
I'm willing to give him a clean slate but ****ed if I will stay silent is he isn't meeting expectations or even worse is lowering expectations.

As a Port member accountability is my role in making this club successful.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What your suggesting is completely different to what happens with Wines, you’re suggesting Carlton asked us about him where as his Manager approached them. They are two very, very different scenarios.
So you heard this from his manager did you?

You see? It's this sort of bull crap that gets me fired up! If you want to believe some titillating social media gossip, then go right ahead. But don't come here and sell it as fact!

Carlton have said "his name came up in discussions." If you have more specific info, ie "his manager approached them with a proposal from Ollie" then bring us the source, otherwise it remains nothing but gossip!

Last edited:
Yeahhh thats not what the rumours are though.

Carlton's side of the story is that his manager went up to Carlton and asked them to make a play for him (presumably because he wants out). Carlton said sorry they didn't have the currency for him currently as they were tied up in other trades and it would take 2 first rounders to pull him out at least.
See above....

So you heard this from his manager did you?

You see? It's this sort of bull crap that gets me fired up! If you want to believe some titillating social media gossip, then go right ahead. But don't come here and sell it as fact!

Carlton have said "his name came up in discussions." If you have more specific info, ie "his manager approached them with a proposal from Ollie" then bring us the source, otherwise it remains nothing but gossip!

Its not 'social media' gossip. Its been reported by AFL Journo's that ollies camp approached (not the other way around) both carlton and essendon.

People like to scoff at journo's but they are correct the vast majority of times. They wont just make things up for the fun of it.

Why are they approaching those clubs when you have just signed a long term deal to make you the highest paid player in PAFC history?

There is also a recording where carlton say they were approched, but im not going through 10,000 Trade Radio podcasts for you.

I dont get why you want to deny this so badly. I would rather it not be true as well, but you gotta face the facts here. All evidence is pointing to ollie trying to leave and nothing indicating he wants to stay outside of the oh so convincing quote of 'Ollie is a contracted player".

Its not 'social media' gossip. Its been reported by AFL Journo's that ollies camp approached (not the other way around) both carlton and essendon.

People like to scoff at journo's but they are correct the vast majority of times. They wont just make things up for the fun of it.

Why are they approaching those clubs when you have just signed a long term deal to make you the highest paid player in PAFC history?

There is also a recording where carlton say they were approched, but im not going through 10,000 Trade Radio podcasts for you.

I dont get why you want to deny this so badly. I would rather it not be true as well, but you gotta face the facts here. All evidence is pointing to ollie trying to leave and nothing indicating he wants to stay outside of the oh so convincing quote of 'Ollie is a contracted player".
Is Ollie’s camp his manager or his family? That is the question

Mr Rubber Man... I give up!

So....

"Essendon....was reportedly contacted by Ollie Wines' camp during the AFL Trade Period."
Reportedly
Reportedly
Reportedly
So it must be true!

I wonder how many accurate truths were reported during trade week by those brain-dead media buffoons on Trade Radio and the like? And how many of them believed by their brain-dead audience? Well, let me see .....!

By the way, let's also conveniently forget the line in the next paragraph of the article you used as "proof" ....
"Following the completion of the Trade Period, Carlton list manager Stephen Silvagni confirmed discussions surrounding the 25-year-old, but downplayed the severity of them. "Ollie's name came up, but he was never put on the table. It was something, I think, that was blown out of proportion a little bit," he told SEN."

Meanwhile. It's been reported...

A17C9883-7A4E-49F0-98BC-E81CEBCA87E1.jpeg

I am going to stay locked indoors! It was reported.... so it must be true!

Mr Rubber Man... I give up!

So....

"Essendon....was reportedly contacted by Ollie Wines' camp during the AFL Trade Period."
Reportedly
Reportedly
Reportedly
So it must be true!

I wonder how many accurate truths were reported during trade week by those brain-dead media buffoons on Trade Radio and the like? And how many of them believed by their brain-dead audience? Well, let me see .....!

By the way, let's also conveniently forget the line in the next paragraph of the article you used as "proof" ....
"Following the completion of the Trade Period, Carlton list manager Stephen Silvagni confirmed discussions surrounding the 25-year-old, but downplayed the severity of them. "Ollie's name came up, but he was never put on the table. It was something, I think, that was blown out of proportion a little bit," he told SEN."

Meanwhile. It's been reported...

View attachment 792535

I am going to stay locked indoors! It was reported.... so it must be true!

So basically your theory is
“AFL journos reported it so it must be fake”?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back