Preview 2020 AFL National Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn so no good NGA for the foreseeable future

Time to get out of tassie

What else did anyone expect out of Tasmania?

Thomas is a freak event.

We have been shafted badly.

From our good friend at TheTruthNMFC twitter feed:

AFL: Jackson Callow training with North Melbourne

December 7 2019 - 6:30PM

Tasmania Devils and North Launceston power forward Jackson Callow is among 56 draft suitors training with an AFL club ahead of the 2020 season.

The 17-year-old, who took home Male Sportsperson of the Year in The Examiner's Junior Sports Awards earlier this year, is one of five Tasmanians training at North Melbourne.

He will be joined by Devils teammates Sam Collins and Patrick Walker, who both play at North Hobart as well as Oliver Davis and 2021 draft hope Sam Banks, who ply their trade for Clarence.

With the bulk of the 56 players selected based on their performances in the AFL All Stars' futures game, played on grand final day featuring both Callow and Collins, others were selected as Next Generation Academy picks or those who missed through injury.

The training sessions certainly won't do Callow's 2020 draft chances any harm, with Brodie Kemp, Cooper Stephens, Jackson Mead and Trent Bianco all finding spots at the clubs where they trained last pre-season.

Callow's 2019 season was highlighted by a stunning performance in the TSL grand final, where he kicked three goals - including a fantastic boundary-line shot after wrapping Oscar Shaw holding the ball.

At NAB League level, the 192-centimetre star finished fifth in the competition's goal-kicking with 24 majors behind the likes of Gippsland Power's Fraser Phillips, who was picked up by Carlton in this year's rookie draft.

Not my fukn friend.:thumbsdown:

View attachment 791432

Collins, Callow, Davis, Walker and Banks
Oliver Davis won tassie bnf and captained them this year as an underager would be around a mid to late first rounder

Good solid mid that we could draft

Sam Collins trained with us last year also as part of AIS but as an underager also around the same mark another class mid

Probably the 2 i would be keen on

Of course not. I understand he’s a talent... why would he be eligible for us?

He was in early NGA lists a few years ago.

Damn so no good NGA for the foreseeable future

Time to get out of tassie
What else did anyone expect out of Tasmania?

Thomas is a freak event.

We have been shafted badly.

Time Ben Amarfilo went down to AFL house and kicked up a fuss about this or at least through the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have too.

Not saying this to you specifically but anytime I've talked up Jamorra people seem to counter with Tarryn.

I'm not meaning it an either/or because Tarryn looks to have a great combination of attributes.

But Jamorra as a bottom year player looks like a very special talent. Separate to Tarryn Thomas' prospects.

Not saying this to you specifically but anytime I've talked up Jamorra people seem to counter with Tarryn.

I'm not meaning it an either/or because Tarryn looks to have a great combination of attributes.

But Jamorra as a bottom year player looks like a very special talent. Separate to Tarryn Thomas' prospects.
Great point mate. Although both from NGA and 6ft+ indigenous lads. They are very different players. And can’t really be compared. Tarryn is a Bont like talent where as Jamarra is key forward. Bring on the rivalry!! Although one thing we know is Tarryn has proven himself at AFL level. Jamarra hasn’t proven anything yet (as much as I love him as an Oakleigh fan). The next few years watching these two develop is going to be exciting!

No doubt. He’s got some talent. Footscray have got a live one.

Hopefully we’ll bid with pick 1, the pick courtesy of Melbourne just to avoid confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great point mate. Although both from NGA and 6ft+ indigenous lads. They are very different players. And can’t really be compared. Tarryn is a Bont like talent where as Jamarra is key forward. Bring on the rivalry!! Although one thing we know is Tarryn has proven himself at AFL level. Jamarra hasn’t proven anything yet (as much as I love him as an Oakleigh fan). The next few years watching these two develop is going to be exciting!

I’m not comparing, merely pointing out that we’ve scored with the NGA and possibly Footscray have too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you see his U18 final? He's a gifted kid.

I have no doubt.

I also saw Spencer White do some freakish things in junior footy.

FFS, I could have taken that mark with 10 attempts and a camera at the ready when I was 18 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back