Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure where anyone has said they think he is going for the 170 title though lol?
Is he going for a third title?
Conor masvidal I'd actually pay to see
If he gets past Cerrone....one of Usman or Covington will call him out.

Alverez did it when he beat RDA and at that point McGregor hadn't fought at lightweight in the UFC.

I can't think of any other logical reason why he's doing this fight at 170. The UFC certainly wouldn't want their golden goose fighting Welterweights.

He stops Cowboy inside 2
Rematches Khabib which goes against any and all logic, loses then rematches Nate OR

He stops Cowboy inside 2
Fights Mas and gets his s**t pushed in then rematches Nate

Imagine if Cowboy wins. Very unlikely, but a lot of fighters swear ring rust is a real thing. It would be a disaster for McGregor. What would even be next? He'd probably have to drop back down and fight Gaethje.

Imagine if Cowboy wins. Very unlikely, but a lot of fighters swear ring rust is a real thing. It would be a disaster for McGregor. What would even be next? He'd probably have to drop back down and fight Gaethje.
I watched a statistical analysis just this week that proved ring rust was complete horseshit.

Of all the current UFC top 10 fighters in each division, all of them had exactly the same lose percentage on fights taken 1-9 months as 9+

I watched a statistical analysis just this week that proved ring rust was complete horseshit.

Of all the current UFC top 10 fighters in each division, all of them had exactly the same lose percentage on fights taken 1-9 months as 9+

Well then you'd think McGregor will smoke him.

Conor loses to Cowboy, then "drops back" to fight the guy that just KO'd Cowboy in the first round in his last fight? If he was to lose to Cowboy, I wouldn't be surprised if he hung them up, but if he stayed around I could see him fighting a guy like Pettis who is still a big name but on a bit of a slide.

Conor loses to Cowboy, then "drops back" to fight the guy that just KO'd Cowboy in the first round in his last fight? If he was to lose to Cowboy, I wouldn't be surprised if he hung them up, but if he stayed around I could see him fighting a guy like Pettis who is still a big name but on a bit of a slide.
Winner of Felder/Hooker or Kevin Lee could also make a good match-up for Conor if he loses and wants to continue fighting @ lightweight.

I can't see him retiring on back-to-back losses. It'd hurt his future money-making potential too much. His clothing line, whiskey and other ventures rely heavily a lot of Connor being "the man". Pettis could be a good matchup, but I wonder what he's even doing at 170. Guys like Covington and Kamaru are bigger, have better gas tanks and could wrestle-* him until the cows come home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see him retiring on back-to-back losses. It'd hurt his future money-making potential too much. His clothing line, whiskey and other ventures rely heavily a lot of Connor being "the man". Pettis could be a good matchup, but I wonder what he's even doing at 170. Guys like Covington and Kamaru are bigger, have better gas tanks and could wrestle-fu** him until the cows come home.
You are looking way to far into this, he's fighting at 170 to avoid a weight cut over Christmas , he will be back at 155 again

Winner of Felder/Hooker or Kevin Lee could also make a good match-up for Conor if he loses and wants to continue fighting @ lightweight.

Is this a joke or?
There is no way in hell Mcgregor fights any of those three anytime soon.
If he loses he will fight Porier, Gaethje or Diaz.

He better not get a Khabib rematch after winning this, that's all I'll say.

If Mcgregor beats Cerrone.
Khabib beats Ferguson.

The only person that could be upset IF this happened is Gaethje.

No one else high up in the rankings deserves it; Porier, Cerrone, Felder, Hooker, Lee.

I think Khabib will go hard for a money fight with GSP if he beats Ferguson though. He has made it very clear he has no interest in fighting McGregor anytime soon.

I can't see him retiring on back-to-back losses. It'd hurt his future money-making potential too much. His clothing line, whiskey and other ventures rely heavily a lot of Connor being "the man". Pettis could be a good matchup, but I wonder what he's even doing at 170. Guys like Covington and Kamaru are bigger, have better gas tanks and could wrestle-fu** him until the cows come home.

these articles state Pettis already has an opponent for his next fight, and he's returning to lightweight.

No one else high up in the rankings deserves it; Porier, Cerrone, Felder, Hooker, Lee.
Dustin deserves it more than Conor imo.

Dustin's 9 of 11 since returning to lightweight, and his loss to Khabib wasn't horrible. versus Conor lost 2 out of last 4, not really looking like beating Khabib at any point in that fight.

Comparing Conor's and Dustin's efforts
-dustin had more(not a lot, but probably more) success on the feet
-escaped the same neck crank that Conor got submitted to
-had khabib in some trouble with a guillotine

in conor's favor he got into the 4th round, however one could argue Khabib was more concerned with embarrassing Conor with striking and ground n pound than submitting him earlier

problem is Gaethje is ranked higher than Cowboy

You are looking way to far into this, he's fighting at 170 to avoid a weight cut over Christmas , he will be back at 155 again
Haha, I never actually considered this. I haven't even seen that floated around online, well done if you came to that by yourself.

problem is Gaethje is ranked higher than Cowboy
Doesn't matter. If the fight was offered to Gaethje, he'd take it.

true but it won't be a step back from fighting Cerrone

I meant drop down weight, from 170 to 155. I didn't mean that Gaethje is a lesser opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back