Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not bitter at all
I’m fully bitter too. How can anyone, anyone, who has been involved with this club, let alone a dual premiership player who played over 200 games for the Roos, let their son roll around for another club? It‘s beyond me. We have to fight tooth and nail just to be able to survive let alone get the total cushy ride those cola clowns get. Nick B is persona non grata in my book. Fk him and his old man. It’s a disgrace.
Horse will be the same. A joke.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I’m fully bitter too. How can anyone, anyone, who has been involved with this club, let alone a dual premiership player who played over 200 games for the Roos, let their son roll around for another club? It‘s beyond me. We have to fight tooth and nail just to be able to survive let alone get the total cushy ride those cola clowns get. Nick B is persona non grata in my book. Fk him and his old man. It’s a disgrace.

Great post

Their children owe us nothing tbh. It is on the club to make the place exciting enough that they want to have a legacy here. The last couple of decades has eroded a lot of positive things we achieved onfield. We need to be more than just a bunch of low-expectation plodders decade after decade.

Hear hear

But the club is as much as to blame as any

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
After 1 season and 4 or 5 games I can see why you'd say that.

Comes from a North family, clearly capable of having a massive impact when the team as a whole is s**t, at a glance appears to have put serious offseason work into his body (dedication and discipline!). I can see it. But then again, I'm pretty generous when it comes to being open to seeing possible development of our players.

Comes from a North family, clearly capable of having a massive impact when the team as a whole is s**t, at a glance appears to have put serious offseason work into his body (dedication and discipline!). I can see it. But then again, I'm pretty generous when it comes to being open to seeing possible development of our players.
I like what I've seen of him too. Don't get me wrong.

He's got a lot going for him and has had leadership potential imo since he played for the Allies.

But give the kid a break.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He's got a lot going for him and has had leadership potential imo since he played for the Allies.

I don't have any expectations of leadership or anything like that, can just see some good ingredients. Only thing I expect of him next year is the Norm Smith.

Please elaborate, interested to hear?
Continuous engagement.
Going above and beyond to ensure Blakey would come.
Keeping tabs with John.
All the things we should have done when Blakey was certain to be a top 10 pick.
We just let him become Sydneyfied without much resistance.

Continuous engagement.
Going above and beyond to ensure Blakey would come.
Keeping tabs with John.
All the things we should have done when Blakey was certain to be a top 10 pick.
We just let him become Sydneyfied without much resistance.

It also didn’t help that the AFL changed the F/S criteria to assist clubs like Sydney. Wait till Hodge’s 3 boys are eligible for both Hawthorn and Brisbane. Kennett will flip out!

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
It also didn’t help that the AFL changed the F/S criteria to assist clubs like Sydney. Wait till Hodge’s 3 boys are eligible for both Hawthorn and Brisbane. Kennett will flip out!

Will depend if they're any good.

If they're not, watch Hawthorn throw a hissy fit smokescreen to conceal some other chess move they're making.

If they are, no contest Hawthorn will Jedi mind trick Brisbane into handing them over. Somehow Brisbane's 2nd round pick will also end up in Hawthorn's lap even though no trade was performed.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Will depend if they're any good.

If they're not, watch Hawthorn throw a hissy fit smokescreen to conceal some other chess move they're making.

If they are, no contest Hawthorn will Jedi mind trick Brisbane into handing them over. Somehow Brisbane's 2nd round pick will also end up in Hawthorn's lap even though no trade was performed.
Hopefully by that time Clarkson and Wright are gone and Hawthorn have dipped to pre Clarko ineptitude.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Hopefully by that time Clarkson and Wright are gone and Hawthorn have dipped to pre Clarko ineptitude.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

We can only hope.

Hopefully Clarkson has maxed out Carlton's on and off books cash by then before crashing on the rocky shores of high expectations a la previous multi-premiership coaches baited over there.

Meanwhile favourite son Sam Mitchell rolls into the big seat with a sack full of credentials except for one key ingredient - an ability to coach.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne

he has the characteristics to be a genuine leader, his persona since juniors has screamed of leadership.. its just an opinion of what ive seen thus far

he has the characteristics to be a genuine leader, his persona since juniors has screamed of leadership.. its just an opinion of what ive seen thus far
He's a quality player and character obviously but I remember when people were talking about LMac as future captain material as well.

We've had Luke, Bailey, Jy and LDU all feted as future captains in here.

They are obviously all different characters. Possibly they could all do the job too. But I'd rather they were all future premiership players at this stage.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We've had Luke, Bailey, Jy and LDU all feted as future captains in here.

They are obviously all different characters. Possibly they could all do the job too. But I'd rather they were all future premiership players at this stage.
Zurhaar is the only choice, give it to him now and watch the rest run thru brick walls for him.

Back