List Mgmt. 2020 Trade/FA TARGETS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypotheticals and discussion of how you think or want a trade to happen go here - 2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread.

If you want to talk about a current Hawthorn player and if they’re staying on the list, it goes here - Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Trade/FA targets thread is for discussion of News about players we are to target via trade of FA. It’s not for “Kane Cornes says we should get this player”.

Is Jack Silvagni, one gettable with all these issues at Carlton and two worth it for the right price? The kid has some talent but surely could thrive in a less toxic environment.

On Redmi Note 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd like to see both Silvagni's go to Essendon just for the melts from Carlton fans. Both of them at Essendon would make them relatively worse so its killing 2 birds with one stone 😂

Congrats on successfully uploading the GIF, it shows at least some parts of the evolutionary process are working.

Kelly was offered significantly more by North Melbourne, Whitfield by St Kilda, Coniglio by Carlton and St Kilda.

I know you probably believe in the AFL Salary Cap fairy, but this only resides in your mind with the other voices.

In reality culture, mateship, success, are the main drivers of footy players and what primarily keeps clubs together.

Congrats on successfully uploading the GIF, it shows at least some parts of the evolutionary process are working.

Kelly was offered significantly more by North Melbourne, Whitfield by St Kilda, Coniglio by Carlton and St Kilda.

I know you probably believe in the AFL Salary Cap fairy, but this only resides in your mind with the other voices.

In reality culture, mateship, success, are the main drivers of footy players and what primarily keeps clubs together.
Your side didn’t show up on grand final day. Is that the culture and mateship you refer to?

all those years of struggle and doing it tough really builds the character of a club. What is success if your club is given every advantage? Everything you have has been given to you. You didn’t build it. You didn’t earn it. The presence of your club distorted the market for talent and the ability of clubs to build lists. Your club exists so that some people can get paid more. Go away.

Haha evolutionary process. You're well advance my friend as you're living in fantasy land.

Were any of those offers being considered seriously?
Did the clubs report those numbers or was it the media?
Players at the top can always get more money going to a bottom club.

Ablett did it at the Suns
Scully did it at your club

They can also possibly get more money at a mid table club than a top club.

That doesn't mean that they can't also sign the most lucrative contract out of those they were considering without actually leaving

Your side didn’t show up on grand final day. Is that the culture and mateship you refer to?

all those years of struggle and doing it tough really builds the character of a club. What is success if your club is given every advantage? Everything you have has been given to you. You didn’t build it. You didn’t earn it. The presence of your club distorted the market for talent and the ability of clubs to build lists. Your club exists so that some people can get paid more. Go away.
Don't bother, this guys head is buried so deep in the sand that it's about to pop up in Portugal.

A few tin foil hats being worn in here.

GWS have lost more talent than any side I can think of in the last 5 years or so. If they had unlimited AFL help this wouldn't have happened.

Sure they get some help but these ambassador deals are 50-60k a year, 1mil a year off the books for 1 player ? cmon.

Last edited:
Coniglio by Carlton and St Kilda.

Coniglio is now your Captain and highest paid player and one of the top 5 paid players in the league. It's hilarious how you, Ichabod and GG try to make out like he's taken unders to stay. He's still well overpaid compared to the likes of Danger, Mitchell, Cripps, etc.

A few of tin foil hats being worn in here.

GWS have lost more talent than any side I can think of in the last 5 years or so. If they had unlimited AFL help this wouldn't have happened.

Sure they get some help but these ambassador deals are 50-60k a year, 1mil a year off the books for 1 player ? cmon.
They get an almost endless stream of 1st Round Picks coming back for 'losing' that talent.

Regardless the argument over their lack of salary cap, trading out fringe/talent for high picks is part of their strategy. AFL would be ridiculous to stop it when it works in GilWS' favour.

A few of tin foil hats being worn in here.

Spoken like a true Essendon supporter. They didn't do anything wrong either, right?

Dylan Shiel and Treloar are probably the only two they've lost that were in the top 10 for them though, and in both deals they got accommodated very well with two 1st round selections for both players. I think what we've learnt is GWS aren't going to lose a quality player as a FA, if they lose someone the AFL will make sure they're very well compensated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan Shiel and Treloar are probably the only two they've lost that were in the top 10 for them though, and in both deals they got accommodated very well with two 1st round selections for both players. I think what we've learnt is GWS aren't going to lose a quality player as a FA, if they lose someone the AFL will make sure they're very well compensated.
Only 2 young stars is a lot in itself! Scully, D Smith, Lobb and Wilson all very valuable. Patton, Hoskin-Elliot and Tomlinson are all very decent. Not to mention ball the players who yet to be proven but were first round picks Setterfield, Kennedy and Bonar.
Plenty of salary cap pressure

They have to clear some B+s and injured to rotate the first rounders in the NEAFL through the seniors and so they can make room for even more 1st rounders in the NEAFL
Otherwise they start trading 1st rounders who never played a game for less than what they got them for

Last edited:

I have read this a few times where people say but look who they lost. They knew all players’ abilities more than any opposition clubs. They picked the eyes out of who they wanted to retain

the main reason they have lost talent every year was not primarily because of salary cap pressure. It was because they started with a roster of 60 players and theyhad to gradually get to a roster that all other clubs play with.

the fountain of continual high first rounders will be over Very shortly. They will no longer be able to use them recklessly and will start to value them like every other club does.

good luck to GWS for keeping their preferred players. Whilst the AFL keeps pouring 30 million a year into their existence, they will get every bit of assinstance from HQ to try and get a foothold in western Sydney. Otherwise, it will become as big a drain as Gold Coast.

What was the AFL offering Buddy to go to GWS ?
The money wasnt available if he went anywhere else or if he stayed at the Hawks
It was way more than 50 or 60 too

I have read this a few times where people say but look who they lost. They knew all players’ abilities more than any opposition clubs. They picked the eyes out of who they wanted to retain

the main reason they have lost talent every year was not primarily because of salary cap pressure. It was because they started with a roster of 60 players and theyhad to gradually get to a roster that all other clubs play with.

the fountain of continual high first rounders will be over Very shortly. They will no longer be able to use them recklessly and will start to value them like every other club does.

good luck to GWS for keeping their preferred players. Whilst the AFL keeps pouring 30 million a year into their existence, they will get every bit of assinstance from HQ to try and get a foothold in western Sydney. Otherwise, it will become as big a drain as Gold Coast.
Probs also pretty important to note that they haven't LOST anyone of note. They've SOLD (traded) everyone but Tomlinson. It isn't like when Buddy left us & we got stuff all - they've been able to negotiate or set the price of every player that has left, except Tomlinson.

Probs also pretty important to note that they haven't LOST anyone of note. They've SOLD (traded) everyone but Tomlinson. It isn't like when Buddy left us & we got stuff all - they've been able to negotiate or set the price of every player that has left, except Tomlinson.
Precisely, they got overs on almost every trade they have done when they “lost” players

Keeping this an HFC Thread and not GWS, if you scan the list of 2020 and 2021 Free Agents and players out of contract for these same years, who are either small forwards, defenders or running line breaking mids with some speed and class, you will find the 2020/21 GW action list.

Where or what else do we target our very healthy Cap space. He has it ready and the comp knows it.

Keeping this an HFC Thread and not GWS, if you scan the list of 2020 and 2021 Free Agents and players out of contract for these same years, who are either small forwards, defenders or running line breaking mids with some speed and class, you will find the 2020/21 GW action list.

Where or what else do we target our very healthy Cap space. He has it ready and the comp knows it.

If that’s the case, this is a short list that I’d be very happy to target at the end of 2020

Jye Caldwell
Cedric Cox
Jayden Short
Bailey Smith
Jordan Gallucci
Nakia Cockatoo
Mathew Ling

Some great talent on that list, target options are plenty. Whether they’d leave is another thing. I’m sure there are others too that are still in contract but obtainable at the end of next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If that’s the case, this is a short list that I’d be very happy to target at the end of 2020

Jye Caldwell
Cedric Cox
Jayden Short
Bailey Smith
Jordan Gallucci
Nakia Cockatoo
Mathew Ling

Some great talent on that list, target options are plenty. Whether they’d leave is another thing. I’m sure there are others too that are still in contract but obtainable at the end of next year.

I hope we try to get young Smith.

Jye Caldwell
Cedric Cox
Jayden Short
Bailey Smith
Jordan Gallucci
Nakia Cockatoo
Mathew Ling

agree with everyone on that list except Jayden Short, cannot stand him and don’t understand the praise he gets tbh. Just my opinion though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back