Toast 2020 Marsh Community Series - Footy returns to Moorabbin

Remove this Banner Ad

Never watched a Saints game at Moorabbin...was only a kid when they moved to Waverley.

Been to plenty of football clinics there as a junior footballer through the years though so those memories are the ones that I have.

100% going...it will be a great night.
+1.

Can’t wait!

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
I've seen a bloke on Twitter talking about flying in from interstate for this game. Othes saying they've already booked in leave. The crowd is going to be something to behold!

I've seen a bloke on Twitter talking about flying in from interstate for this game. Othes saying they've already booked in leave. The crowd is going to be something to behold!

can someone pick me up from the aerodrome

Is that 1000 space grandstand ( and pool etc) gonna be finished by then? Doesn't look like there's any sign of a start and the Xmas building shutdown looms..

saint66au...…..back in May it was announced that the club was to have the grandstand and aquatic centre finished before the AFLW season started.

It was going to be extremely tight time wise but that was the plan.

I can only assume that there has been funding issues.

Yr right tho….I drive by a couple of times each week and zero has happened.

I guess someone will ask the question at the AGM next Wed night.

saint66au...…..back in May it was announced that the club was to have the grandstand and aquatic centre finished before the AFLW season started.

AGM next wednesday ?

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC

There was. 1.8 million promised by the AFL has gone to Gold Coast as Ambassador money for King and Lukucious.

I mean Gill and his gravy trainers wont get huge bonuses building grandstands in the burbs for s**t Melbourne clubs.

Just booked my flights to be there for the game against the Hawks! Really looking forward to seeing the new Moorabbin setup.

George would it be fair to assume the event won't be ticketed? Just rock up ready to roll? Also, is RSEA park open to the public (or members) to visit and see?

Just booked my flights to be there for the game against the Hawks! Really looking forward to seeing the new Moorabbin setup.

George would it be fair to assume the event won't be ticketed? Just rock up ready to roll? Also, is RSEA park open to the public (or members) to visit and see?

If you want a tour you might have to write a mean letter saying you're pulling your membership so they suck up to you and offer a walk through. ;)

I actually think it will be ticketed. Cheap though. RSEA is open to the public, yep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think it will be ticketed. Cheap though. RSEA is open to the public, yep.
Not worried about the price so much as being locked out if it reaches capacity. Might head down early and see if we can tour the facilities before the game.
Id imagine there would be a capasity. Even if 10k rocked up getting in and out would be a challenge.
Hadn't thought about this to be honest. Here's me thinkig I can just drive the hire car straight in. Might have to tram it. What number gets us closest from Flinders St?
As long as there are ample stalls for food and beverages I'll be a happy man. The old hill might be the place to be.
You better get there before I do, otherwise there may be nothing left.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not worried about the price so much as being locked out if it reaches capacity. Might head down early and see if we can tour the facilities before the game.

Hadn't thought about this to be honest. Here's me thinkig I can just drive the hire car straight in. Might have to tram it. What number gets us closest from Flinders St?

Train from Flinders St to Moorabbin Station.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Train from Flinders St to Moorabbin Station.

I've got some accom close by, will be having a few heart starters at the bar before i stagger down. Can't wait.

Not sure what time I'll need to get there to guarantee prime spot next to the can bar...

Tram? What tram. The closest tram is the 67 at Glen Huntly!
Youll need the train to Moorabbin and walk!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back