2020 Consensus 22: name the team FFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on Cunningham, had some info on him passed on. His ceiling is expected to be extremely high.

Needs continuity of games but his ability to know the drop of the ball and clean hands makes him a rare commodity. As I was told, 'you just can't teach it, he just keeps getting better, I would be expecting him to be a special player by years end'.

My comment, 'big call'. Response 'there is always one that jumps out of the pack and he is the one'...

Source, I'll say the boot studder!
Bookmarked so I know where to heap my praise or scorn accordingly.

Just on Cunningham, had some info on him passed on. His ceiling is expected to be extremely high.

Needs continuity of games but his ability to know the drop of the ball and clean hands makes him a rare commodity. As I was told, 'you just can't teach it, he just keeps getting better, I would be expecting him to be a special player by years end'.

My comment, 'big call'. Response 'there is always one that jumps out of the pack and he is the one'...

Source, I'll say the boot studder!
Talented af just body keeps letting him down =[ please baby jesus let the boy play injury free!

Cuningham is one of the few guys on our list capable of turning a game with a few moments. He and Martin (alongside Eddie +/- Papley) causing havoc would be great.
And a fit McGov & available McKay
That's a new fwd line!
(Pity about CC)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cuningham is one of the few guys on our list capable of turning a game with a few moments. He and Martin (alongside Eddie +/- Papley) causing havoc would be great.
Cuningham is one of the players I have making the biggest difference to us this year, if he can have a good run with injury I think he could easily kick 30 goals and bring that Richmond like defensive forward pressure.

Setterfield is my other big improver.

None of these four would be in my best 22 to start round 1.

Heretic over here, mainly in the context of Cuningham who is starkly best 22 (in my eyes).

It's hard to see 6 better forwards in our team.

Our most potent 6, if everyone is healthy:

Curnow, McKay, McGovern, Martin, Betts, Cuningham.

Significant question marks over Curnow and McKay bring Casboult into the picture, as things sit currently.

Last edited:
Heretic over here, mainly in the context of Cuningham who is starkly best 22 (in my eyes).

Significant question marks over Curnow and McKay bring Casboult into the picture, as things sit currently.

100% agree with this. It's a case of out of sight, out of mind.

Cuningham will be elite. Just needs to stay out on the park.

Definitely in mine, and our best 22 IMO.

Agreed, with Jack the ideal 7th forward for his versatility.

Jmo, but i'll be surprised if Dow sees NB's time. I seem to be in an evergrowing minority on this....but i reckon he'll be in the 1's and going forward rather quickly to even better things.

Dynamic young player.

Agree, massive overreaction to his 2019 year and kicking issues around here.

Is a gun and best 22 all day every day.

Is a power/burst player building midfield fitness. He will never have the endurance of an Ed etc, they will never have his explosion from the contest.

Kicking while legs are burning with lactic and travelling at top speed after bursting from the contest is bloody difficult.

I’m sure the club fully aware what we have with Dow. Danger/treolar 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that depth now. All those players plus the unlucky ones mentioned I’m happy to see take the field in the navy blue.

Be great if Dow makes us look silly by seasons end.
It does mean that if our VFL side doesn't play finals questions need to be asked.

It does mean that if our VFL side doesn't play finals questions need to be asked.
That part of the clubs on field performance has been abysmal for years, look forward to being competitive again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back