Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Said in that vid that he's training as an inside mid..
How many do we need? Cunners, Jed, Jy, Ziebs..

His reaction time looks a touch slow... in getting off a handball or a kick..
Porbably an indication of more forward time for some? Or preparation for depth/changing of the gaurd,

We saw what happened last year when Cunners got tagged, he was impotent in the mid but can swing forward and give us something. I expect Ziebs to finish his career as a forward with impact bursts in the middle. Jed is a weapon but i reckon Shaw is looking to add Jy, Bonar, UDL and if things got to crap possibly even a fit Tyson in the mix.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We saw what happened last year when Cunners got tagged, he was impotent in the mid but can swing forward and give us something. I expect Ziebs to finish his career as a forward with impact bursts in the middle. Jed is a weapon but i reckon Shaw is looking to add Jy, Bonar, UDL and if things got to crap possibly even a fit Tyson in the mix.

Just about any player could be tagged out of the game the way Cunners was tagged. It gets a bit overplayed.

Our issues arose because of not having strong alternative options, particularly when Higgo was missing (rounds 13-17), when he was outright clamped by GWS, StKilda & the scum.

We just HAVE to have some of the younger blokes stepping up this year.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yep we definitely need to add some extra dimensions to our midfield. A bloke of this size should be able to match it on the inside but then also cover defensively. We don’t have someone like that.

We also don’t have a tagger for the big powerful mids. I imagine sitting him on a Cripps or making him go head to head for example would be more successful than your average tagger because he has the size and explosiveness. Would have been nice to have someone like this dumping Ablett on his arse for the last decade.

nelroo

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep we definitely need to add some extra dimensions to our midfield. A bloke of this size should be able to match it on the inside but then also cover defensively. We don’t have someone like that.

We also don’t have a tagger for the big powerful mids. I imagine sitting him on a Cripps or making him go head to head for example would be more successful than your average tagger because he has the size and explosiveness. Would have been nice to have someone like this dumping Ablett on his arse for the last decade.
[/Would have been nice to have someone like this dumping Ablett on his arse for the last decade.

not so nice though would be the gazillion free kicks the little golden boy would get though..

WD Roo

All Australian
Dec 18, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

This time of the year isn't about speed, it's about embedding skills. Intensity comes in the new year to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Did you know, the top 10 in our Syd Barker where also the top 10 in super coach points total?
giphy.gif

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
There's no doubt about his physicality.

He's just been solid in the drills.

His skills are pretty damn good. Better than 80% of the other players on the list.

It will come down to his ability to find the ball at a good rate. He has everything else.

If he can get anywhere above 20+ disposals a game in the next couple of years, it will be daylight robbery.

He will look like a KPP battering ram playing through the midfield in a few years. A great point of difference for the side.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wonder how much his disposal numbers were effected by him playing forward and back in the NEAFL. I guess most of us assumed he was spending his time in the NEAFL running through the midfield.
It seems like he spent a fair bit of time forward and back to try and break into the best 22, with obviously a fairly long queue in the midfield group at GWS.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back