The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozil in trouble with the communists:

glenferry23 and Arsenal lads what are the ramifications for Arsenals business in China here?

Obviously it's a disgrace what China are doing with trying to "reeducate" a group of people who have inhabited Western Chinese Xinjiang are for thousands of years.

Ozil in trouble with the communists:

glenferry23 and Arsenal lads what are the ramifications for Arsenals business in China here?

Obviously it's a disgrace what China are doing with trying to "reeducate" a group of people who have inhabited Western Chinese Xinjiang are for thousands of years.

He seems to pick and choose which human rights issues are important, and which aren’t.

Can appreciate what he’s trying to do here however when he stands staunchly with Erdogan (his best man at his wedding) then that’s quite some double standards evident.

Erdogan is a campaigner.

Smart move by Arsenal distancing themselves via Weibo, last thing they’d need is an incident against China.

Even Pep's first year? :think:

Back when he was Fraudiola, playing a style of football that would never succeed in England?

The Guardiola years have IMO been a great period of success for the club. Even taking into account the (relatively) bad parts of it.

Last edited:
Back when he was Fraudiola, playing a style of football that would never succeed in England?

The Guardiola years have IMO been a great period of success for the club. Even taking into account the (relatively) bad parts of it.

Settle, was just asking because didn't you come third that season and look all over the shop for large chunks of it? Just curious why you loved that year as well. Thought just the last two were the big ones.

Not sure why I'd need to setttle.

If I'm going to assess the success of the Guardiola era, I'm going to look at the whole era, not break it down into smaller periods of pass or fail.

As it is, Guardiola's first year was a significant improvement over the season before. We played some great football, and I enjoyed it (although it wasn't without it's disappointing moments).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why I'd need to setttle.

If I'm going to assess the success of the Guardiola era, I'm going to look at the whole era, not break it down into smaller periods of pass or fail.

As it is, Guardiola's first year was a significant improvement over the season before. We played some great football, and I enjoyed it (although it wasn't without it's disappointing moments).

You said you enjoyed the last four years, I was asking if you really enjoyed the first year. That's all.

A bit gutless by Arsenal imo. Everyone is a whore to money though I guess. Well nearly everyone

Pep has definitely been a success at City. If he wins the Champions League, he’ll be more of a success.

He has raised the bar for the level of consistency required to win the league, with a side that from 2017-2019 was arguably the best English football has ever seen. Yes they spent a s**t load of money to get there, and I have my reservations about how the club have structured their finances to weasel around FFP, but I can’t help but admire what they’ve done with it.

Winning the Champions League requires a different skill set and mentality to winning the league, which as a 2 time winner I’m sure Pep’s fully aware of. Will be interesting to see whether being so far off the pace domestically allows him to focus more of his energy on Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back