WACA Wallys

SwansPerth2012

Draftee
Oct 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Could well be as the membership renewal cut off was 30 September.

When I spoke to them in July they were not offering any new memberships so it will be interesting to see how many didn't renew.

I've spoken to the people in the Membership department and they've told me in the past that membership always see's a spike in an Ashes summer.

I joined the summer after the 06/07 Ashes without having to wait so I reckon it might be a good time to join.

Are most people keeping their membership heading to the new stadium? Keep seeing people saying theyre going to drop their membership due the ball tampering saga but find that hard to believe.

I've kept my membership as have all my mates that i know that have them as well.

Sep 15, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders,Crystal Palace F.C
I've spoken to the people in the Membership department and they've told me in the past that membership always see's a spike in an Ashes summer.

I joined the summer after the 06/07 Ashes without having to wait so I reckon it might be a good time to join.

I've kept my membership as have all my mates that i know that have them as well.
Yeah i figured most would keep their membership just keep seeing idiots on facebook saying they'll drop their membership due the ball tampering saga. But if last nights anything to go by i cant wait to watch this aussie team this summer.

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers

Another wasteful decision from the Liberal Government.

agree

The WACA is a horrible place and inconvenient

The WACA should be turned into high density housing towers to deliver vibrancy on that side of the river. So to with the trotts. Especially with the new development earmarked for that area.

The trotts could share with Belmont and small crowd cricket leederville or even claremont

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
agree

The WACA is a horrible place and inconvenient

The WACA should be turned into high density housing towers to deliver vibrancy on that side of the river. So to with the trotts. Especially with the new development earmarked for that area.

The trotts could share with Belmont and small crowd cricket leederville or even claremont
There are more than enough empty apartments in East Perth

There are more than enough empty apartments in East Perth

s**t apartments designed for animals

there's still demand for quality apartments on the water as per elizabeth quay or better

Spearhead

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
About time the Feds put some money into WA Sporting Stadia!

Should be a great little boutique ground for Sheffield Shield cricket, One Day Domestic matches, WA Cricket Centre Of Excellence, all Womens Cricket matches & also some WAFL footy.

That whole precinct East of the CBD with the WACA, Gloucester Park, HBF Stadium, Crown, Belmont Park & Perth Stadium is an entertainment/sports lovers delight.

Bring it on!

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
This is great news. Actually constructing an Oval boutique stadium in Perth would be good for all those tier 2 events.

I look forward to Friday night WAFL games there that can hopefully pull in office workers
...Which won’t happen. Really? As if Perth workers even care about WAFL.
Please.
WACA are absolutely deluded. Won’t accept the reality that change has come and they’re drowning, if not already. What a waste of money.

Why don’t the Association perhaps follow Victoria’s MCG training of excellence and get funding to incorporate it into Optus Stadium? Plenty of money and room there. Simples. The WA public is over WACA.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Multi-sport? Could only be a WAFL club. East Perth?

All seems like a bit of a waste of money.

I’d give it to the Soccer state training centre , which none exist, at all.
Cricket is pretty cute here. A prime land with a mismatch of an ugly (use boutique if you want..) ground. Greedy as. Sell the land, use the funds and build a centre of excellence at Optus stadium or existing structures

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Why don’t the Association perhaps follow Victoria’s MCG training of excellence and get funding to incorporate it into Optus Stadium?
No team/sport is allowed to be based at Optus. It's why when Subi got demolished West Coast moved to Lathlain and WAFC's offices are co-existing with a school. Cricket can't just move into Optus they need a separate home.

Spearhead

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Every other state has their main stadium for Tests & Major One Day & T20 games plus a boutique cricket ground for Sheffield Shield, ODD, Womens cricket, Under 19s etc
VIC- MCG & Junction Oval,
NSW- SCG & North Sydney, Drummoyne, Blacktown, Hurstville etc,
QLD- Gabba & Allan Border Field,
SA- Adelaide Oval & Karen Rolton Oval, Glenelg
why should WA be any different for those clowns unbelievably pushing for the WACA to be bulldozed!

kranger

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2006
Kalamunda
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan District
...Which won’t happen. Really? As if Perth workers even care about WAFL.
Please.

With a rotation of teams playing, I could see some businesses making a booking for some corporate facilities for the season.

Give to different employees each week as some perks, and take clients there before a night out.

A guaranteed fixture at 7:30pm which the AFL won’t let happen in Perth for the Eagles or Dockers, which could have the Colts start a game at 2:30pm and the resies play at 5pm could be rather enticing.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Every other state has their main stadium for Tests & Major One Day & T20 games plus a boutique cricket ground for Sheffield Shield, ODD, Womens cricket, Under 19s etc
VIC- MCG & Junction Oval,
NSW- SCG & North Sydney, Drummoyne, Blacktown, Hurstville etc,
QLD- Gabba & Allan Border Field,
SA- Adelaide Oval & Karen Rolton Oval, Glenelg
why should WA be any different for those clowns unbelievably pushing for the WACA to be bulldozed!
lilac hill!

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
With a rotation of teams playing, I could see some businesses making a booking for some corporate facilities for the season.

Give to different employees each week as some perks, and take clients there before a night out.

A guaranteed fixture at 7:30pm which the AFL won’t let happen in Perth for the Eagles or Dockers, which could have the Colts start a game at 2:30pm and the resies play at 5pm could be rather enticing.

They can do that now. Doesn't need $30,000,000 to happen.

Back