2020 Consensus 22: name the team FFS

Remove this Banner Ad

The NB's team will be weaker than it was last year for all the young guys we have on board and then we lost our two best mids also, in Anderson and Fisher.
Some of our NB pick-ups are also just a bit if a worry - Collins and O'Rourke.

I wouldn't be expecting finals for this team unless some cohesion come about through the group. It just hasn't been there in recent years.
we have added cunico and hirst for what its worth, not necessarily the same caliber as fisher and anderson however

Are we intending to let the draftees loose in the midfield in the VFL?

Thus Anderson and Fisher being advised that less mid time next year?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would assume that had a fair bit to do with their decision to move on.

Both are losses but we have terrific midfield depth at the club now, albeit largly very young.

If we can get serious midfield minutes into a lot of these guys in 2020, irrespective of the level, we'll be better off for it.

Yeah, it was a bit of an embarrassment that Wilson, Fisher, Anderson and O’Rourke were our senior midfielders in the NBs despite not being AFL listed. I’m confident that we’ve rectified this issue and if injuries permit we should have a strong midfield with Kennedy, Gibbons, Stocker, Philp, Lang and Ramsay playing a lot of minutes in the middle, along with Newnes, Cottrell and O’Brien providing the outside run, with Kemp potentially joining the fray later in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, it was a bit of an embarrassment that Wilson, Fisher, Anderson and O’Rourke were our senior midfielders in the NBs despite not being AFL listed. I’m confident that we’ve rectified this issue and if injuries permit we should have a strong midfield with Kennedy, Gibbons, Stocker, Philp, Lang and Ramsay playing a lot of minutes in the middle, along with Newnes, Cottrell and O’Brien providing the outside run, with Kemp potentially joining the fray later in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Newnes won’t be in the VFL.

The NB's team will be weaker than it was last year for all the young guys we have on board and then we lost our two best mids also, in Anderson and Fisher.
Some of our NB pick-ups are also just a bit if a worry - Collins and O'Rourke.

I wouldn't be expecting finals for this team unless some cohesion come about through the group. It just hasn't been there in recent years.
Our NBs midfield was not much chop last year really. Who played midfield? Anderson, Fisher, Kennedy (before senior call up), not Polson ...

Fair chance that 3 of Gibbons, O’Brien, Dow, Zac Fisher, Kennedy and JSOS are playing in the NBs midfield most weeks in 2020, along with Philp and Ramsay.

Our NBs midfield was not much chop last year really. Who played midfield? Anderson, Fisher, Kennedy (before senior call up), not Polson ...

Fair chance that 3 of Gibbons, O’Brien, Dow, Zac Fisher, Kennedy and JSOS are playing in the NBs midfield most weeks in 2020, along with Philp and Ramsay.
Can't see Zac playing most weeks in NBs.

Plowman Jones Simpson
Docherty Weitering SPS

Newnes E Curnow Setterfield
Kruezer Cripps Walsh

Martin Casboult Fisher
Cuningham McGovern Betts

Murphy Gibbons JSOS Newman

This is my round 1 team barring injury. I see Charlie and Marchbank not making it back yet. And it’s well documented my issues with Marchbank non here and I don’t think we can play him unless we lose one of weits Plowman or jones.

Levi has to play all year to give kreuzer a chop out and don’t discount pittonet or TDK getting a spot in the forward line. McKay another option if he makes it with Curnow down the track. Once levi goes in Teague won’t drop him for development like Bolton would. Going to be great for depth.

early cottrell signs could push him in front of JSOS gibbons or even Newman at the the interchange spot.

I like Setterfield on one wing to go forward and Newnes to go back but it could equally be SPS in this spot. O’Brien and Dow Have some work to do to steal these spots or are injury cover.

Kennedy is depth for Murphy, Fisher, Martin and Cuningham. If he shows early preseason form and he could already be infront of Martin. I also like the idea of going 1 out with levi and running the 4-5 small/mediums like Richmond did in 2017/18 around reiwoldt.

The extra 5% we should expect in fitness from another preseason under AR is going to be amazing to see. I think the other AFL sides’ supporters don’t know what we are yet but after round 1 (bearing Richmond by 20-30) a few eyes will be wide open.

Plowman Jones Simpson
Docherty Weitering SPS

Newnes E Curnow Setterfield
Kruezer Cripps Walsh

Martin Casboult Fisher
Cuningham McGovern Betts

Murphy Gibbons JSOS Newman

This is my round 1 team barring injury. I see Charlie and Marchbank not making it back yet. And it’s well documented my issues with Marchbank non here and I don’t think we can play him unless we lose one of weits Plowman or jones.

Levi has to play all year to give kreuzer a chop out and don’t discount pittonet or TDK getting a spot in the forward line. McKay another option if he makes it with Curnow down the track. Once levi goes in Teague won’t drop him for development like Bolton would. Going to be great for depth.

early cottrell signs could push him in front of JSOS gibbons or even Newman at the the interchange spot.

I like Setterfield on one wing to go forward and Newnes to go back but it could equally be SPS in this spot. O’Brien and Dow Have some work to do to steal these spots or are injury cover.

Kennedy is depth for Murphy, Fisher, Martin and Cuningham. If he shows early preseason form and he could already be infront of Martin. I also like the idea of going 1 out with levi and running the 4-5 small/mediums like Richmond did in 2017/18 around reiwoldt.

The extra 5% we should expect in fitness from another preseason under AR is going to be amazing to see. I think the other AFL sides’ supporters don’t know what we are yet but after round 1 (bearing Richmond by 20-30) a few eyes will be wide open.

There is no way McKay misses out unless he is injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, who didn't pick Plow?
I've doubts on Plow more so on Jones, he's erratic but he'll pick up the Tiger gun fwd whose name escapes me. Give Weitering the job. Big enough and adds polish. Levi has proved a role there too, yet he continually has doubters. Whereas pundits pump for SPS but I think he'll struggle. The list is fast and skilled now.

From what I saw at the praccy game on Thursday & current injury projections, i'd imagine we'll line up for round 1 looking like this:

B: Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Kade Simpson

HB: Sam Docherty, Jacob Weitering, Tom Williamson

C: Sam Walsh, Patrick Cripps, Jack Newnes

HF: Jack Martin, Levi Casboult, Zac Fisher

F: Jack Silvagni, Harry McKay/McGovern, Eddie Betts

Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Will Setterfield, Marc Murphy

I/C: Ed Curnow, Michael Gibbons, Lochie O’Brien, David Cuningham

Next in line: Nic Newman, Darcy Lang, Sam Philp, Marc Pittonet, Tom De Koning, Matt Kennedy

Inj/managed: C.Curnow, Marchbank, Petrevski-Seton, McGovern/McKay

If both McKay and McGovern are ready, then one of O'Brien or Cuningham misses out.

From what I saw at the praccy game on Thursday & current injury projections, i'd imagine we'll line up for round 1 looking like this:

B: Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Kade Simpson

HB: Sam Docherty, Jacob Weitering, Tom Williamson

C: Sam Walsh, Patrick Cripps, Jack Newnes

HF: Jack Martin, Levi Casboult, Zac Fisher

F: Jack Silvagni, Harry McKay/McGovern, Eddie Betts

Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Will Setterfield, Marc Murphy

I/C: Ed Curnow, Michael Gibbons, Lochie O’Brien, David Cuningham

Next in line: Nic Newman, Darcy Lang, Sam Philp, Marc Pittonet, Tom De Koning, Matt Kennedy

Inj/managed: C.Curnow, Marchbank, Petrevski-Seton, McGovern/McKay

If both McKay and McGovern are ready, then one of O'Brien or Cuningham misses out.
Very good team. What would it take to include Kennedy. He is an accurate goal kicker. I think he is a must.

agree, a quiet practice match shouldn't cast nasturtiums on him just yet - let's see how he goes in perth...will passmark be attending for a surface inspection?
Unfortunately I won't but I have been to the ground before. It's a high quality, well maintained, manicured sporting surface, as most professional and semi professional codes demand............outside of Victoria.

e61568498ecd7e01eb46f62bc88e1d9c.jpg

Very good team. What would it take to include Kennedy. He is an accurate goal kicker. I think he is a must.

I didn’t mind his game on Thursday. Looking a lot leaner and skilful - pace still the main limitation. Currently competing with JSOS for a spot, although if McKay and McGovern don’t get up in time I’d imagine he’d get a shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back