Opinion Richmond Tigers Team of the Decade (2010-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

I take it all of those who are criticizing the OP will be posting their teams shortly for us to all look at as well?!

Sorry Mr Moderator ... are we not allowed to share our bewilderment at Vickery being selected? 🤔

Some of us had just managed to put him out of our memories 🙃

Sorry Mr Moderator ... are we not allowed to share our bewilderment at Vickery being selected? 🤔

Some of us had just managed to put him out of our memories 🙃

More than welcome to share it, would be interesting to see what else everyone comes up with though.

A lot are quick to judge and s**t can a idea or theory but never want to participate and put their own out there for critiquing!

I say the more that get involved the better!

* it let’s have a go

Grimes rance broad

Vlas astbury houli

Lambert Cotchin grigg

Shedda lynch lids

Rioli jack George

Maric dusty meatball

Nank caddy Ellis foley

fu** it let’s have a go

Grimes rance broad

Vlas astbury houli

Lambert Cotchin grigg

Shedda lynch lids

Rioli jack George

Maric dusty meatball

Nank caddy Ellis foley
That's about right.

If you were to choose a best combined team out of our 2017/ 2019 Premiership players, which SIX players would miss out?

It would be difficult to leave out any of the 16 players who played in both flags

FB: Grimes Astbury Vlastuin
HB: Ellis Rance Houli
C: Deledio Prestia Newman
HF: Lambert Edwards Rioli
FF: Castagna Riewoldt Caddy
R: Maric Martin Cotchin
I: Tuck Nankervis Grigg Foley
E: Jackson Short Mcintosh Broad

Since we won a premiership in 2017 with Shane Edwards as our centre half forward, I think we are justified in naming him at CHF here rather than throwing in Ty or Griffiths

Nahas played midfield/forward for 2 seasons in 11 & 12 averaging 16.2 disposals per game while also kicking 63 goals in 44 games.

IMO he was underrated by many of us, me included, when he was here because we expected more, but on reflection he was pretty handy for a small forward/midfielder in a poorish side.
True but does two good years really put him in our team of the decade? I doubt it

Since we won a premiership in 2017 with Shane Edwards as our centre half forward, I think we are justified in naming him at CHF here rather than throwing in Ty or Griffiths

This I agree with a lot. Shedda was named CHF most weeks, and we played a 5+1 forward line for much of the latter half of this decade.

I'd also be tempted to switch Ellis on the HBF with Newman on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This I agree with a lot. Shedda was named CHF most weeks, and we played a 5+1 forward line for much of the latter half of this decade.

Newman didn’t have nearly as much running power as ellis does!

And ellis shits himself under intense pressure... don’t won’t him in our defensive 50
That would be a terrible swap.. great swap for the opposition🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back