Player Sponsorship 2020 Richmond Board Player Sponsorship - AFL & AFLW - Marlion Pickett, we keen?

Hi All,

Its come to that time of the year again where we look forward to season 2020 and part of that is our commitment to player sponsorships.

Firstly thanks Wacky Tiger for sorting it out last year.

Last year we raised enough funds to sponsor Bachar Houli, Kamydn McIntosh & Luke English (late half price offer from the club). We have the opportunity again this year to continue with those sponsorship's, possibly change the players that we wish to sponsor or even add or subtract players.

At the moment I will work off 2 players being the number and see how we go.

2020 price: $1,250 per player. This is a reduced rate as a thank you for our continued support.

Included in the packages are the following

PLAYER SPONSOR BENEFITS

*below subject to change as it is the 2019 info until i get the 2020 info
  • Be one of ten personal sponsors of a member of the 2020 Richmond playing group
  • One invitation to a pre-season meet and greet event with the 2020 Richmond playing group
  • One invitation to the annual Player Sponsor Dinner
  • NEW One invitation to an exclusive football analysis presenation at Richmond Football Club
  • Signed guernsey by your sponsored player
  • A digital copy of your photo with your sponsored player
  • Your personal or business name displayed in the players facilities at Punt Rd Oval
  • NEW Personalised Player Sponsor membership card
  • Player Sponsor medallion

As with previous seasons with multiple people pledging their support there will be raffles to win tickets to events and merchandise and what not.

At this stage, we're just looking for pledges and expressions of interest from anyone who wants to participate again for 2018. Last year each share price was set at $50 so unless there's any major objections, we'll keep that the same.

If making a pledge, please be sure to mention how much you'd like to contribute.

For sponsoring, you will receive the following (refer to under my name for examples of badges):

• A 2019 Player Sponsor Badge
  • 1x Player Badge (of your choice from our sponsored players) per $50 share
  • 2x Raffle Tickets per $50 share that can be allocated in any combination towards the following prizes (I'll explain this further below):
-One Invitation to a meet and greet event with the 2020 Richmond AFL Playing group
-One invitation to the annual Player Sponsorship dining experience
-One invitation to an exclusive football analysis presentation at the Richmond Football Club
-Signed merchandise piece by your player

Note: I'm waiting to hear back from the club on the function dates and will advise in due course.

In addition, BigFooty provides the following to anyone that contributes towards their boards player sponsorships (refer here for details on these memberships):

• $50 contributions - BigFooty Gold
  • $100+ contributes - BigFooty Platinum

Prize Raffle Explanation
In previous years we've just put everyone against every prize unless they've said otherwise. This hasn't really turned out to be practical as many people found it hard to attend the functions. By having raffle tickets this allows people to put their name into the prizes they want. Basically we want to ensure a fair and even distribution of prizes.

To nominate your options you'll need to tell myself once you make your bank transfer for the player sponsorship. The options can be in any combination. For example if you had three sponsorships shares ($150) then you would have 6 tickets. You could allocate 2 to the Dinner, 1 to the BBQ & Tour and 3 to the Guernsey. If you don't care about the guernsey, or figure more people will go for the guernsey, then you might put 2 tickets in each of the functions. The intention of providing the dates is so you can confirm in advance if you can attend.

Payment (IMPORTANT: Don't send any yet - need to determine if we have enough interest across the board first. If/Once we have enough interest/pledges, we will then start the collection).

There will be new bank account details this year.

More to follow.

.Please make sure you enter your BigFooty account name as the deposit description so we know it's from you.

If you have any questions or part of the above needs further explanation, just ask. Feel free to share your own experiences to help others make up their mind as well.

For anyone new wishing to join in heres a bit a testamonial from a poster whos had an enjoyable experience through winning a raffle

Fortunate enough to get a guernsey at the sponsors dinner held at the Albert Park Pavilion. A great evening for all in attendance with Jack and Alex MC' ing. Hilarity aplenty when several of the players played the "Guess what I'm saying with a mouth retractor in place game?". I don't think there was a dry eye in the room for this.
Seated at our table was Ivan Soldo, who was extremely generous with his time in chatting with everyone. Dinner was very enjoyable and the drinks flowed as the night continued. We each had our photo taken with our allocated player. Then following dessert and more stage antics everyone was free to roam the room and mingle with the players who were all very accommodating. I had a great night and would highly recommend going along if the opportunity arises

If anyone else has some nice stories from players sponsorship's feel free to share.

So if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks on behalf of the Richmond Mod team

Michaels Sterge tugga NaturalDisaster

Last edited:
Hi all,

Below is what events / prizes are on offer for the AFLW Sponsorship:

• One invitation to the annual AFLW Player Sponsor Dinner (Details TBC) & Photo with sponsored player
  • Invitation to a series of casual intimate AFLW events at Richmond Football Club providing updates throughout the season (club hoping to do 2 of these with the Football department)
  • Signed AFLW Merchandise
  • AFLW 2020 Membership

I will start contacting those who have paid to find out where they want their raffle ticket allocation to go.

Congratulations to TigermanM2 and HBK619 who will be attending the club tonight for a team photo with the AFLW team!

This was a unexpected prize so very exciting to have had something extra on offer.

Have fun and don't blink during the photo!

Was good to get the photo done. The girls were great.

Pic at event:
20200120_170938.jpg

Was good to get the photo done. The girls were great.

Pic at event:
View attachment 808960
Didn’t realise we had a couple of people from here there last night.
i was also in attendance.
wouldve been nice to catch up with fellow bf posters

Congratulations to TigermanM2 and HBK619 who will be attending the club tonight for a team photo with the AFLW team!

This was a unexpected prize so very exciting to have had something extra on offer.

Have fun and don't blink during the photo!
Early heads up. Was chatting with Xavier and it looks like dinner is going to be Feb 21

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Just a quick tag to firstly say thanks heaps for your player sponsorship support in 2019. Because of our continued support the club has again offered us a reduced rate for 2020 which is fantastic!

Is there any interest in going around again in 2020 for the Player Sponsorship which we are hoping to also secure an AFLW Player as well!

TJTIGER peterbuch74 Frustrated Tiger _RT_ captain blood 17 Grockadoc DontArgue4 Elton Johns Wig capnblood Tigerpagz mellowyellow Nostradumbass 3rdManUp guruisatiger smasha The Goon Isntrue HBK619 Tigers Time jesterx JR#8 Cager Macleod DrMike fightingfury_88 tugga Sterge NaturalDisaster
Mate, I've no idea how this didn't work. I usually jump on board. Is it too late? Happy for 2 shares again.

Received an email about these dates yesterday

AFLW Player Sponsor Events
Please see below the dates to save in your calendar. As we get closer to these events further information will be communicated.
  • Mid-season review – Evening of Wednesday, February 26. A great opportunity to hear from the AFLW coaching group and watch the players train at Punt Road Oval prior to their Round 4 game against Geelong. Location, Swinburne Centre, Punt Road Oval. Time to be advised.
  • AFLW Player Sponsors Dinner – Evening of Tuesday, March 24. A dining experience with your sponsored player and the 2020 playing group. Location and time to be advised.

Back