Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I caved and got KISS tickets tonight. Not my KISS and all but I realise it will absolutely be the last chance I'll ever have to see any form of it.
There are certain bands who put enough into the theatrics that they're still worth seeing well after the fact.

Others have a definite use-by date after which you're paying big money to watch geriatrics mumble into an auto-cue.

By the by, Iron Maiden just solved my Christmas shopping. :)

There are certain bands who put enough into the theatrics that they're still worth seeing well after the fact.

Others have a definite use-by date after which you're paying big money to watch geriatrics mumble into an auto-cue.

By the by, Iron Maiden just solved my Christmas shopping. :)
Never been a huge Maiden fan outside the classics. Was always more a fan of the cover art.

Apparently the KISS concert has been moved from this Saturday to a Tuesday early next month. Not ******* happy about that.

One perk of such a long career is the setlist is all classics. :)

Yeah I got my ticket on Tuesday to Maiden. Have you seen their set lists for this tour? It's been the same over the last few months, whether it's still the same in May is unknown, but bloody hell it's like a Greatest Hits.

Doing my best not to look. I saw them ten years ago or so on the 80s-focused tour and they were fantastic, even on the lesser tracks. It's heavy metal theatre really.

Edit: Somewhere Back In Time, it was.

Seems like whatever the tour is, poor Nicko's stuck in that foxhole so Bruce can run and jump around the top like a madman.

Attachments

• 1573702626166.png
    1573702626166.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:
I've seen them at Soundwave and on their Book Of Souls tour. I also watched religiously during my high school years the Live After Death and Maiden England videos.

I can't wait, they're in my top 2 or 3 bands of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Frusciante has apparently rejoined RHCP. Again.

RHCP need John and John needs RHCP. Neither are better without the other. Even John's solo releases are stronger when he is has been an RHCP member.

Also, I haven't listened to them for about 10 years and I think I'll only listen to their new stuff (if any) out of curiosity as they got a bit same-same with their songs.

Poor Josh though. Was a decent replacement but he copped a decade of "you're not John".

RHCP need John and John needs RHCP. Neither are better without the other. Even John's solo releases are stronger when he is has been an RHCP member.

Also, I haven't listened to them for about 10 years and I think I'll only listen to their new stuff (if any) out of curiosity as they got a bit same-same with their songs.

Poor Josh though. Was a decent replacement but he copped a decade of "you're not John".
I wouldnt be surprised if RHCP need John more than he needs them. They pretty much aren't RHCP without him. I listened to the first album after he left and it was rubbish. I don't even know if there's been more as I quickly realised without John I just don't care.

Can he not do those stupid vocal harmonies? Don’t even give him a mic

I wouldnt be surprised if RHCP need John more than he needs them. They pretty much aren't RHCP without him. I listened to the first album after he left and it was rubbish. I don't even know if there's been more as I quickly realised without John I just don't care.
Were they RHCP before he joined the first time?

Were they RHCP before he joined the first time?

They certainly were. There are many RHCP fans who can't listen to anything past Mother's Milk. But to me, that stuff sounds soooo dated and s**t. But it's 100% RHCP.

I don't even know if there's been more as I quickly realised without John I just don't care.

I'm in the same boat.

Shadows Collide with People and The Empyrean are two pretty good solo releases of John's. You can definitely hear the influence the By the Way recording sessions had on SCWP (or maybe the other way around).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back