Unofficial Preview North v St Kilda, round 1, 2020 (TODAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Looks like he's going with the Bard school of long speeches while the players try not to fall asleep.

That's EXACTLY what I saw.

The engagement wasn't that flash.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wow I know you roobaggers are a resilient bunch but I was surprised to see another Rd 1 build up thread so early ....... after last year and all

How's Cunnington overhead marking looking this year

WesternRoo

Club Legend
Apr 4, 2007
Wattleup Stadium
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Club Oz Cougars
A real challenge imo.

it’s one of those games we need to win to sneak in the 8.

Someone said if we bring our A game we will win. I agree with this and it will give us a good indication where we are at.

I don’t think we will have a round 1 debutant for the first time in a long time.

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s a good round 1 match up. Saints will be a mid table side , so we’ll have a good read on where we’re at after the game.

St Kilda is synonymous with softness, so if we bring the intensity of the back end of last year, they’ll be short stepping all over the park.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Opposition watch:

- Hill standing out already
- Carlisle & Ryder are on individual training programs doing long-distance sprint work away from the main group.
(clearly with Brown & Goldstein in mind)
- Hanneberry & Webster have just resumed running
- King just doing light training
- Jack Steele (knee) and Nick Coffield (shoulder) are recovering from surgery and restricted to non-contact work

- Roughead continually implored the playing group to "don't be last in" to the huddle between drills. At one point, the last four players were "punished" with a piggyback war.

= mental attitude not there at the moment.

We want Ryder fit so Goldy can repeat his 2019 Port game. Ryder is cooked.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can’t bare to think about it.

Who do you think is under more pressure? Us or them?

I feel that we are for some reason (even though they stocked up on mature recruits). Maybe that’s just becuase of my vested interest.

But if we are going to be any good, we really should account for the Saints best 22. Especially given there won’t be any “ambushes”.
Us bc we have a terrible record of losing round 1 games.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We want Ryder fit so Goldy can repeat his 2019 Port game. Ryder is cooked.

He can still take a mark & kick a goal, and He & Marshall will play forward when not in the ruck.

I suspect Durdin/Daw/McKay will take them when they're forward.

Jun 25, 2008
Shisha bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ratten has a decent record for round 1’s. 4-1 while he was coach at the Blues. The one he did lose was his first full year as coach, also the year Judd came over so they had to rejig more than a few things.

Jun 25, 2008
Shisha bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But they were playing Richmond who were a complete rabble at the time.
That is certainly true. If we take a look at the general start to the season being the first 3 rounds then his win % is 53% over 5 seasons. His trouble seems to be sustaining the group over a whole season. Their last 3 H&A games dropping to a 33% win %.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I played the first 19 seconds and I was falling asleep.

North by 10 goals .........

At quarter time

Then in the second quarter we kick 0.8 points whileThe Saints wrestle back momentum. They kick 5 goals (3 of which are in junk time).

Again in the 3rd we fail to capiltiise in front of the sticks kicking 1.4 to their 4 goals.

At 3 Quarter time there is only 11 points in it. We kick the first 2 goals of the last, then the saints get a run on and kick the last 5 goals of the game rounding out winners by 4 points.

Dan Butler starts his career off in saints colours in good fashion kicking a career best 6 goals.

Brad Scott in his press conference says “we done everything right, but after a long pre-season we ran out of gas in the last half. Credit to the St.Kilda Football Club they really ambushed us in that last quarter....we’ll back the boys to bounce back next week”

Whatever u do Rhys please do not allow this to happen!

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
This thread is mega delusional. Saints will win it no problems. Still as a fellow s**t house club I wish you Roos the best of luck this season after we beat you in Rd 1.

Mate, if you're going to come in here and discuss the match in an intelligent & balanced manner, then by all means contribute.

If your goal is to post infantile crap and squib it under an alt account, then we already have a full quota on this board. Just go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back