2019 Financials

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
$128.36 was their total profit for year ending 2019

We are hopeful that we can get that to $500 by 2023

Would of made more letting the money sit in the bank. Let alone paying the club back on the initial investment.

600k from pokies over ten years is 6mil. Not an insignificant amount of money when your trying to build a 65mil facility with only 25 mil in the bank. Especially when we are adding two additional loss making teams in AFLW and VFLW to go with the VFL side.

Melbourne lost 1.5 mil, I bet right about now they wished they had that 900k from pokies instead of the guy they sold it to.

Luckily the anti pokie brigade are a small squeaky wheel and best ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger Soze

Nov 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Would of made more letting the money sit in the bank. Let alone paying the club back on the initial investment.

600k from pokies over ten years is 6mil. Not an insignificant amount of money when your trying to build a 65mil facility with only 25 mil in the bank. Especially when we are adding two additional loss making teams in AFLW and VFLW to go with the VFL side.

Melbourne lost 1.5 mil, I bet right about now they wished they had that 900k from pokies instead of the guy they sold it to.

I think you will find it’s the club’s ambition to get away from the pokies, the afl want all clubs off that revenue stream. The days of it being a necessity are now gone so I wouldn’t be surprised if a strategy is in place to be out of them in the next couple of years.

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
I think you will find it’s the club’s ambition to get away from the pokies, the afl want all clubs off that revenue stream. The days of it being a necessity are now gone so I wouldn’t be surprised if a strategy is in place to be out of them in the next couple of years.

Doubt it. A club that recently rattled the tins has no business throwing away a revenue stream worth between 600-900k per year. Dees are already regretting their decision and the dogs will too.

DeLaCon

All Australian
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree wit that. All these clubs getting out are throwing money away. Richmond has big plans but also big obligations in terms of the redevelopment. We cant afford to ditch the pokies. Its a legal revenue stream and one which brings in major revenue.

Tiger Soze

Nov 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Doubt it. A club that recently rattled the tins has no business throwing away a revenue stream worth between 600-900k per year. Dees are already regretting their decision and the dogs will too.

Mate, that tin rattling was over 30 years ago.
Probably time for everyone to let that tag go, just like the pokies!
Tigers going from strength to strength, have you actually had a look at our financials?

I haven’t looked at Melbourne but I wouldn’t be surprised if their AFL distribution has increased with the loss of the pokies. Bet they make a profit next year as their budget for the year will reflect a more modest expectation.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

Only 25m in the bank , AFLW and vflw have their own sponsors and will serve to enhance existing and will in time contribute commercially to the RFC if not already by increasing our exposure and media attention. I wouldn’t be at all concerned at that and we are indeed approaching the AFLW with a view to capturing hearts and minds of rfc fans and then some asap given the major signings

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
Only 25m in the bank , AFLW and vflw have their own sponsors and will serve to enhance existing and will in time contribute commercially to the RFC if not already by increasing our exposure and media attention. I wouldn’t be at all concerned at that and we are indeed approaching the AFLW with a view to capturing hearts and minds of rfc fans and then some asap given the major signings

Anyone able to clarify the 25 mil, last year I thought it was only $14 mil + 4 mil should be 18 mil. Where do the other 7 come from? Is it for unpaid liabilities?

AFLW hasn’t generated any profits to date and I don’t see it happening in the forseable
Future.

In ten years I don’t see us rolling in profits from
Running gyms or breaking even on our investment in AFLW, but we can guarantee that we will have made between 6-9 mil dollars off pokies.

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
Mate, that tin rattling was over 30 years ago.
Probably time for everyone to let that tag go, just like the pokies!
Tigers going from strength to strength, have you actually had a look at our financials?

I haven’t looked at Melbourne but I wouldn’t be surprised if their AFL distribution has increased with the loss of the pokies. Bet they make a profit next year as their budget for the year will reflect a more modest expectation.

I could of sworn we had a fighting fund for members to clear millions of dollars of debt and allow the club to spend more on football?

As for Melbourne they reduced by 2k members but still lost 1.58 mil noting the challenging season the loss of .9 mil from their pokie operations and efforts to pay down debt.

Tiger Soze

Nov 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone able to clarify the 25 mil, last year I thought it was only $14 mil + 4 mil should be 18 mil. Where do the other 7 come from? Is it for unpaid liabilities?

AFLW hasn’t generated any profits to date and I don’t see it happening in the forseable
Future.

Running gyms or breaking even on our investment in AFLW, but we can guarantee that we will have made between 6-9 mil dollars off pokies.

Yeah it’s $24.4m in cash held with another $2m in prepayments. On the previous page I posted the increase of $10m cash and $2m in prepayments. More important than the $4.1m profit number. No offence but our view comes from a position of strength considering we know the financial position of the club.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

Future.

We haven’t had an AFLW team before so what’s your reference point , are our commercial arrangements with sponsors exactly the same with every other club. Stupid comment
I said that they have their own sponsors and will add exposure and further value to our existing relationships with sponsors also. In the first 5min they won’t be producing a net surplus however we are on the right path in off setting increased cost base

Back