(Log in to remove this ad.)

,MrsEddieBetts recent to-do checklist:
  • apply for leave ✔
  • onions, milk, bread ✔
  • memberships me, booger, him ✔
  • give birth to second child ✔
  • watch boys at training ✔
  • finish wrapping prezzies

Took my 2 boys down this morning for their first Open Training which they loved.

I have to echo the other's comments regarding the intensity. It was quite nasty in spots. VERY VERY physical. Levi dumped someone twice in about 2 mins.

The 1 on 1s near the goal square were as physical as you would see in a real game.

Overall the boys look very sharp, very serious and very focused.

MASSIVE year ahead for us if we stay on the right side of the injury ledger.

Also, I was quite impressed with the goal kicking in both the set shot practice and game simulation.

Hardly anyone missed anything!!!

One last point, was very surprised that Doc was in the match simulation given how physical it was. He was very vocal and his delivery out of the backline was superb. Will be amazing to have an AA defender slot straight back into our defensive 6.

Also, I was quite impressed with the goal kicking in both the set shot practice and game simulation.

Hardly anyone missed anything!!!

One last point, was very surprised that Doc was in the match simulation given how physical it was. He was very vocal and his delivery out of the backline was superb. Will be amazing to have an AA defender slot straight back into our defensive 6.
Doc didn’t shut up the whole time.

Just some quick points for now -

We look a lot pacier overall than this time last year.
A lot faster, a lot more agile and a lot more willing to attack the game.
This was evident through all drills today - quick ball movement, overlap, punchy low kicking etc.

Williamson, Cuningham and Martin worked great in tight, with their explosive first couple of steps and willingness to take on opponents.
Williiamson had players hanging off him and he still made headway. He's a powerhouse.
Overall though we looked very quick...to me, in the full ground drills - Docherty, Williamson, Cuningham, Dow, Martin, Cottrell, Stocker and Honey.....
Boy did he impress me today. Has that ability to weave by tilting his body when running at defenders in the way Cuningham can.

The new boys did get found out when things got tight though, which shouldn't be any surprise and in particular for the intensity shown up by all.
You're not to get through easily with the likes of Cripps, Jones, Plowman ready to bury you when they get hold.
On the outside though and through more open drills, Philp and Ramsey looked good....Honey a good couple of notches better.

Was pretty willing today with plenty being 'treated' for being dumped and/or injured.
Betts had his ear taped up after it almost being ripped off. Others had a rest to recover from beatings and bruises. :)

Mckay and CCurnow stuck their heads out.
McGovern, Kennedy, Owies and Macreadie involved only in only small ways.
Marchbank a no-show and Setterfield? Did I somehow miss him today? Just came to mind.

Just some quick points for now -

We look a lot pacier overall than this time last year.
A lot faster, a lot more agile and a lot more willing to attack the game.
This was evident through all drills today - quick ball movement, overlap, punchy low kicking etc.

Williamson, Cuningham and Martin worked great in tight, with their explosive first couple of steps and willingness to take on opponents.
Williiamson had players hanging off him and he still made headway. He's a powerhouse.
Overall though we looked very quick...to me, in the full ground drills - Docherty, Williamson, Cuningham, Dow, Martin, Cottrell, Stocker and Honey.....
Boy did he impress me today. Has that ability to weave by tilting his body when running at defenders in the way Cuningham can.

The new boys did get found out when things got tight though, which shouldn't be any surprise and in particular for the intensity shown up by all.
You're not to get through easily with the likes of Cripps, Jones, Plowman ready to bury you when they get hold.
On the outside though and through more open drills, Philp and Ramsey looked good....Honey a good couple of notches better.

Was pretty willing today with plenty being 'treated' for being dumped and/or injured.
Betts had his ear taped up after it almost being ripped off. Others had a rest to recover from beatings and bruises. :)

Mckay and CCurnow stuck their heads out.
McGovern, Kennedy, Owies and Macreadie involved only in only small ways.
Marchbank a no-show and Setterfield? Did I somehow miss him today? Just came to mind.
Marchbank was possibly due for more surgery regarding neck/back so that may have been it

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Training gallery 19th Dec ...

79926535_10157738187008334_2630228308393984000_o.jpg

80683546_10157738187723334_4275173707288150016_o.jpg

79432462_10157738192068334_6307755473902764032_o.jpg

80393545_10157738221973334_6578822774192603136_o.jpg

80740019_10157738188533334_1407444908700073984_o.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back