Boxing Horn vs Zerafa 2 - Wednesday December 18

Remove this Banner Ad

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bookies have Zerafa the huge favourite, around $1.40 to $4.00 (give or take).

Look at the size difference between the two men.

This is why boxing has weight divisions in the first place, isn't it?

f9eec2728595252ee4a2fc188fd23ffd

I'm still spewing I didn't load up on Zerafa for the first fight, completely forgot about it.

At about 7:10 in the video, Zerafa says, 'Jeff would be double the athlete he is if it weren't for Rushton. His team is wonderful, but Rushton doesn't know anything about boxing, have you heard him speak in the corner?'

That's good trash talk.

indeed.

Awesome fight. I respect Zerafa a lot after that fight. I was going for Horn, but the ref ****ed Zerafa up with that stoppage to check the cut while Horn was getting pummeled.

Last edited:
in his post fight speech '' No excuses Horn was the better fighter on the night and I prepared well '' only then to say that the ref robbed him. Then the same thing again that Horn was the better fighter on the night, that's boxing, no excuses etc

Now this

Michael Zerafa’s camp is set to lodge a formal protest of his points loss to fellow Australian Jeff Horn on Wednesday night.
Horn was awarded a majority decision victory to avenge his previous defeat to Zerafa, with the fight widely declared an instant classic.

Zerafa conceded Horn deserved the win immediately after the bout, with two of the judges awarding the fight 98-90 and 97-92 to the Queenslander and the third scoring it a 94-94 draw.
But after reviewing the fight footage, Zerafa’s camp is convinced referee John Cauchi’s decision to stop the action in the ninth round robbed their man of victory and are demanding the result be changed to a no-contest.
MORE: All Access: Behind the scenes at Horn v Zerafa 2
Horn was in deep trouble when Cauchi intervened midway through the ninth to have the ringside doctor check a deep cut over the former Brisbane school-teacher’s eye, which had been caused by an earlier head clash.
Footage has subsequently emerged showing a member of Horn’s corner team preparing to throw in the towel right before the 30-second delay was ordered by the ref.
In a remarkable momentum shift, Horn knocked Zerafa down twice to end the ninth round before claiming the comfortable points victory.
Zerafa’s camp has until the end of next week to lodge their protest, with his manager Brendan Bourke confirmed to multiple media outlets they will challenge the result.
While it appears unlikely the result will be amended, the Victorian is hoping for a rematch at the very least.
But Horn has other plans, with talks already underway for an all-Australian super-fight against Tim Tszyu in 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back