DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
Same thing. Break is just the layman's term for a fracture.
Really? All this time I honestly thought a break was when it was right through the bone so the two fragments separated and a fracture was basically a crack in the bone but the bone itself remained intact. Not sure why I thought that.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Really? All this time I honestly thought a break was when it was right through the bone so the two fragments separated and a fracture was basically a crack in the bone but the bone itself remained intact. Not sure why I thought that.

It's a common misconception. That's really just a complete vs incomplete fracture.

Wabjub

Official buddy 2022 - The Raz
Mar 24, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Its refreshing to have multiple talented youngsters who can slot into Daves spot... prior to Andy and Cerra we had sweet F all coverage but since then we have Andy, Cerra, Serong, Valente, North and im sure theres someone else whos a smokey who can all get good time playing in the midfield.

Early money for rising star on Serong?

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Its refreshing to have multiple talented youngsters who can slot into Daves spot... prior to Andy and Cerra we had sweet F all coverage but since then we have Andy, Cerra, Serong, Valente, North and im sure theres someone else whos a smokey who can all get good time playing in the midfield.

Early money for rising star on Serong?

Acres as well.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
We can't cover Mundy's class/kicking. Walters, Tucker and Cerra are all classy kicks though.

Inside mids: Fyfe, Walters, Tucker, Brayshaw, Cerra, Blakely, Conca, Acres, Crowden, Banfield, Serong, Valente.

Would not rule out seeing Hill, Bewley, Hughes and Logue lining up in the middle at least once either.

Think that's a long list and I'm not sure we'll see Serong much in the middle next year. Think we'll definitely see him and Henry in the forward line though.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
We can't cover Mundy's class/kicking. Walters, Tucker and Cerra are all classy kicks though.

Inside mids: Fyfe, Walters, Tucker, Brayshaw, Cerra, Blakely, Conca, Acres, Crowden, Banfield, Serong, Valente.

Would not rule out seeing Hill, Bewley, Hughes and Logue lining up in the middle at least once either.

Think that's a long list and I'm not sure we'll see Serong much in the middle next year. Think we'll definitely see him and Henry in the forward line though.

Totally agree re Serong and I actually think that’s where he’s most needed and will bring most value to the team, possibly in his first 2 years.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Blakely a better like for like but hope to see Serong Rnd 1
Are you saying like for like for Mundy? Neither really hit many similarities for mine. I would be looking at Acres, Aish, Hill, Cerra and Bewley to have involvement at the coal face. Blakely should be through there too, but he seems more a blunt force instrument to me.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Fremantle has 12 players on the staff reporters injury list.
8 of them are still injured or haven’t resumed full training yet.

Adelaide has 4 players (2 not resumed full training)
Brisbane has 4 (4)
Carlton has 8 (6)
Collingwood has 17 (16)
Essendon has 11 (11)
Geelong has 5 (4)
Gold Coast has 6 (6)
GWS has 4 (3)
Hawthorn has 7 (6)
Melbourne has 10 (6)
North Melbourne has 10 (10)
Port Adelaide has 10 (5)
Richmond has 10 (10)
St. Kilda has 11 (4)
Sydney has 9 (8)
West Coast has 6 (6)
Western Bulldogs have 7 (6)

So we are not in the worst position, but easily in the worst half. Also, some of the staff reporters are a bit lazier than others, I think. I would have thought that any report on Hawthorn’s injury concerns would mention Jon Patton.

Bateman

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2005
Alfred Cove
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Newcastle United, East Perth
What’s the story on Valente, I haven’t heard much about him yet?
Has he been injured again or still in rehab?
Is he training with the main group?

May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
What’s the story on Valente, I haven’t heard much about him yet?
Has he been injured again or still in rehab?
Is he training with the main group?
I was going to bring this up but forgot. In the last session they made a big deal about Valente rejoining the main group for the first time this year, announced it in the middle, got a bunch of pats and congrats then spent the rest of the session seemingly running laps like he had been doing before with the rehab group:think: . Don't know what that's about but I assume that's good news and he'll be back amongst it with everyone else when they get back.

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was going to bring this up but forgot. In the last session they made a big deal about Valente rejoining the main group for the first time this year, announced it in the middle, got a bunch of pats and congrats then spent the rest of the session seemingly running laps like he had been doing before with the rehab group:think: . Don't know what that's about but I assume that's good news and he'll be back amongst it with everyone else when they get back.
Very good news

maccamk

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Finally we get news of some improvement with Valente’s condition - it felt like he was going down the Morabito path for a while there.
I hope for his sake he’s working through the groin issue

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is no comparison between OP and ACL’s. OP just takes time and needs to be managed correctly. If anything if they fix his mechanics he will come back faster and more powerful as he will he engaging his core and glutes more efficiently

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Freeeoo

Club Legend
May 7, 2006
SOR
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Gooners
I was having a chat with a Harbour Master the other night, he told me that he had been selected along with 19 other HM's to give feedback to the board from a supporters view point. I think he said it was scheduled for 3 or 4 times per year.
With this in mind he was getting input from as many members as he could to get a general feel for where we as fans had concerns etc.
I told him that from my point of view the biggest concern by a long way was injury prevention/management which he said that it was a common one.
Good to see that the board are actively seeking feedback from the supporter base.

I know that Belly has come out and said that they have reviewed S&C, it will be interesting to see what unfolds.

Patty_Moz

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was having a chat with a Harbour Master the other night, he told me that he had been selected along with 19 other HM's to give feedback to the board from a supporters view point. I think he said it was scheduled for 3 or 4 times per year.
With this in mind he was getting input from as many members as he could to get a general feel for where we as fans had concerns etc.
I told him that from my point of view the biggest concern by a long way was injury prevention/management which he said that it was a common one.
Good to see that the board are actively seeking feedback from the supporter base.

I know that Belly has come out and said that they have reviewed S&C, it will be interesting to see what unfolds.

Can you tell him to tell them to go hire as many of the Weagles drafting, development, list management and S&C staff as possible, actually a couple of their fwds coaches as well. It really “concerns” me how much better that organisation functions in comparison to ours.

While I think the HM’s or all supporters in general could give some insight into game day experience, membership prices/value and media content they’d like to see surely they don’t have a good enough understanding of what goes on at the club on a day to day basis to really comment on player management or issues? If Freo are searching for ideas they surely this forum is the best place to come to 😂

Aug 23, 2017
Grounded
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can you tell him to tell them to go hire as many of the Weagles drafting, development, list management and S&C staff as possible, actually a couple of their fwds coaches as well. It really “concerns” me how much better that organisation functions in comparison to ours.

Patty.... go look in the mirror and figure out who you really barrack for....

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Saw Mundy out at a park today. He was with pav and unfortunately still in his moon boot
It’s obviously never good for any player to be injured, but....
Mundy will be phased out with opportunities given to Acres, Conca, Brayshaw, Cerra and Blakely to impact more in the midfield.

In general I would be happy if Mundy played less games in 2020, and don’t mind if they come later in the season.

I look forward to debuts from Valente and Serong, both of which project as midfield clearance bulls for us, and Serong in particular sounds like he could debut early.

Back