Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
One thing I don’t get with LDU’s development to date is that he is undoubtedly capable as an outside player. But he’s been played at the coal face or as a forward. Don’t get me wrong he’s played good footy but plenty of meh footy and even shown the odd concerning glimpse here and there. Much of it due to fitness and his bung shoulder I think (hope).

But why we haven’t used him more as a distributor I can’t understand. Maybe he won’t work hard enough to get into position.

BigBadByron

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cox Plate (and others) also thank you very much!!

Superstar huge Chestnut. Looked awesome in person.

One of my Greyhounds is a mini version

Resized_20191101_101341(1).jpeg

He looks leaner to me.

More tickets in the tank?
And his shoulder injuries/surgery.

Dumont looking lean too, so maybe a real strong focus on endurance and fitness, then bulk up a tad more heading into the season proper.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
And his shoulder injuries/surgery.

Dumont looking lean too, so maybe a real strong focus on endurance and fitness, then bulk up a tad more heading into the season proper.

Dumont is a track hound, so it doesn't surprise me.

I hope he can lift another level this year.

I think the match committee assumed that there would be a big step forward in his 2nd year.

Was his form stinky or did being in other midfielder's shadow hinder his ability to get his hands on the ball? Either way I wouldn't mind Luke getting big numbers on a regular basis in the 2's before getting a regular spot in the seniors. We all know he's talented....but can a midfielders spot be justified if you're only touching it 10-15 times a game.

A spot that may be harder to get into and perform well if Ziebell goes back to being a midfielder next year.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He averaged 10 disposals in his first year. 15 disposals last season. Natural progression should see him attain 22 disposals this season. I’d be happy with that, if Luke can deliver it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
One good thing about Luke is he doesn’t waste disposals. Some of his kicks into the forward 50 were all class.

Was his form stinky or did being in other midfielder's shadow hinder his ability to get his hands on the ball?
IMHO, the latter. Cunnington's a force of nature inside the contest. Scamper needs to find a way to get them out of each others' way as much as he can next year.

He was fine, took a noticeable step up from his first year, but at the same time it's natural and ok to want more from him.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He averaged 10 disposals in his first year. 15 disposals last season. Natural progression should see him attain 22 disposals this season. I’d be happy with that, if Luke can deliver it.

That's pretty much how I see it evolving.

Good burst, good lateral movement, excellent by foot and hand.

Everything we need.

Hopefully him and Ben can find a way to work together in the square,...... could be lethal.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Watch the rnd 2 game against the lions, particularly the first quarter.

The kid has it, he has played 21 games. Let’s see him get to 50 before we talk any glaring shortcomings.

Yep 2021 is when I expect him to be a consistent game changer - hopefully he can turn a few game next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back