The VFL team looks solid!

B: Jiath, Koschitzke, Glass

HB: Greaves, Hartley, Pepper

C: Morrison, Maginness, Day

HF: Nash, Walker, Ross

F: Moore, O’Brien, Hanrahan

R: Ceglar, Cousins, Jones

INT: Morris, Jeka, Reeves, Golds
Certainly looking much better now that it potentially was a few weeks ago. :oops:

I'm sure there will be an injury or two (hopefully nothing major) and a couple of bolters who could squeeze their way in after a big pre-season.

I'm still firm in the belief that Dylan Moore can go to another level. A big summer on the track and an injury to a smaller forward and I could see him lining up early in the year.

The midfield situation is an interesting one. Our first string midfield is very strong. After that the depth is passable but drops away quickly. Should we end up giving Partington a spot it would really strengthen our midfield group should an early injury befell an on-baller.

The VFL team looks solid!

B: Jiath, Koschitzke, Glass

HB: Greaves, Hartley, Pepper

C: Morrison, Maginness, Day

HF: Nash, Walker, Ross

F: Moore, O’Brien, Hanrahan

R: Ceglar, Cousins, Jones

INT: Morris, Jeka, Reeves, Golds

i think i'll be going to a few more Box Hill games this year... some future AFL stars there.

I can’t see O’Brien getting dropped after his 4 goals against West Coast and also how good he was towards the end of the season. But then again what sort of role would he play since Lewis and Patton will be playing the KPF roles? Maybe a Jack Gunston role? However that leaves us with a pretty tall forward line...

Good problems to have

O’Brien did the same teasing towards the second half of 2017 but flopped th year after so as much as I would love nothing more than TOB cement his place in the best 22 ( as he straightens us up ) I wouldn’t be counting on him as automatic selection as of yet.

O’Brien did the same teasing towards the second half of 2017 but flopped th year after so as much as I would love nothing more than TOB cement his place in the best 22 ( as he straightens us up ) I wouldn’t be counting on him as automatic selection as of yet.

O'Brien goals last 5 games of 2017: 2
O'Brien goals last 5 games of 2019: 12

Quite. as applies to Lewis, Patton and applied to Roughy last year

O'Brien goals last 5 games of 2017: 2
O'Brien goals last 5 games of 2019: 12
As a part time RUck/frwd in 2017. He may have played better mid season then tiring out late but point stands. Let’s wait and see and hope that the consistency continues.

As a part time RUck/frwd in 2017. He may have played better mid season then tiring out late but point stands. Let’s wait and see and hope that the consistency continues.
Nah his 2019 and 2017 finishes were miles apart. He played well earlier in the year in 2017 and faded badly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're spot on, we wait and see with TOB, he's 26 in March and hasn't yet strung together a full consistent season of AFL footy.

It has taken a while, but he no longer reminds me of a baby giraffe.

It looks to me, as if he has finally found confidence with his body and that he can now actually control what it does.

Hopefully it's what we have been waiting for.

I think the good thing is Timmy won't be gifted games due to lack of options now. At times he was picked because we needed him to be the player everyone knows he can be.

With Patton, Lewis, Gunston already here Timmy will need to play at a similar level to what he finished the season at if he wants to remain best 22 and that is great for the club. We are finally starting to improve that depth again and it is really exciting. Hopefully he doesn't just maintain that level either, if he can keep improving our forward line starts to look ridiculously stacked.

I think the good thing is Timmy won't be gifted games due to lack of options now. At times he was picked because we needed him to be the player everyone knows he can be.

With Patton, Lewis, Gunston already here Timmy will need to play at a similar level to what he finished the season at if he wants to remain best 22 and that is great for the club. We are finally starting to improve that depth again and it is really exciting. Hopefully he doesn't just maintain that level either, if he can keep improving our forward line starts to look ridiculously stacked.

I'm more excited to see if Timmy can play senior level footy because I reckon he has genuine speed and athletic ability that no one else in there has.

The lad can leap and he's quick off the mark. Even though he doesn't lay many tackles, but when he does they tend to stick.

Assuming Wright doesn't do any funny business from now until tomorrow, how does everyone see the best 22 going into next year? As good as O'Brien was late in the season there is no room for him in the team at either end. Nash might be squeezed out as well. It's a good position to be in though. Hopefully Schoenmakers and Puopolo are kept around for depth as we don't have enough key position players and small forwards respectively on the list. That may be rectified during the delisted free agency period with some ready made players.

IN
Mitchell
Patton
Frost
Impey

OUT
Roughead
Puopolo
Nash
O'Brien

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Burgoyne, Frost, Sicily

C: Henderson, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Wingard, Lewis, Gunston

F: Breust, Patton, Impey

R: McEvoy, O'Meara, Shiels

INT: Worpel, Scrimshaw, Ceglar, Scully

Depth
Morrison - 31 games
Nash - 19 games
Glass - 17 games
Howe - 62 games
O'Brien - 62 games
Schoenmakers - 121 games*
Puopolo - 190 games*
Jiath - 2 games
Brand - 43 games
Moore - 7 games
Hanrahan - 9 games
Cousins - 19 games

Pretty good.. just curious who you would say are your bottom six in that team ?

I’m not sure but depending on form and injury Puopolo, Ceglar, Lewis, Scrimshaw, Howe and O’Brien are probably in the bottom six.

Spot on

Based on the post you quoted the bottom six would be - Ceglar, Scrimshaw, Stratton (based on last season's form), Frost, Lewis and Burgoyne (based on age).

Having said that Scrimshaw and Lewis will both play every game they are fit to play.

Also given that Impey is injured for most of the season it will be Puopolo in the forward pocket, and he would be replacing someone in the bottom six.

This is the team that I'd love to see:

Hardwick - Frawley - Stratton
Scrimshaw - Frost - Sicily

McEvoy - O'Meara - Worpel
Smith - Mitchell - Scully

Wingard - Lewis - Gunston
Puopolo - Patton - Breust

Shiels, Henderson, Burgoyne, Maginness

Based on the post you quoted the bottom six would be - Ceglar, Scrimshaw, Stratton (based on last season's form), Frost, Lewis and Burgoyne (based on age).

Having said that Scrimshaw and Lewis will both play every game they are fit to play.

Also given that Impey is injured for most of the season it will be Puopolo in the forward pocket, and he would be replacing someone in the bottom six.

NOT BAD...i was looking at the tigers gF team..bottom six..it was hard.

I came up with broad, castagna (kicks straight wins norm smith!), Pickett, bolton, soldo..short? Pretty damm good, They would get a game in most sides, Reckon soldo is getting better each game. They also could have added Mcintosh, grarham, stack and rance at the time.

NOT BAD...i was looking at the tigers gF team..bottom six..it was hard.

I came up with broad, castagna (kicks straight wins norm smith!), Pickett, bolton, soldo..short? Pretty damm good, They would get a game in most sides, Reckon soldo is getting better each game. They also could have added Mcintosh, grarham, stack and rance at the time.
And their top 4 or 5 are nearing or over 30. Their time is now. If they don't jag another this year, their list will be on the decline. It's just the cycle. As you know.

And their top 4 or 5 are nearing or over 30. Their time is now. If they don't jag another this year, their list will be on the decline. It's just the cycle. As you know.

Their average age would have to be less than what our 3peat teams average was?

Anyway their key players will be this age next season:

Astbury - 29
Grimes - 28 (will turn 29 during season)
Vlastuin - 26
Houli - 31 (32 during the season)
Short - 24

Dusty - 28 (29 during)
Cotchin - 30
Prestia - 27
Edwards - 31

Reiwoldt - 31
Lynch - 27
Lambert - 28

Our great players were winning flags well into their 30's. Richmond ain't dropping off any time soon due to their age. If anything they will have developed that supreme confidence that comes with premiership experience that our side had developed throughout our dominant era.

The only thing stopping them over the next few years is if teams work out their game plan, or they lose their hunger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back