Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The Burgoyne's live in Hughesdale. No club has that as their region.

Percy loves the Hawks, He'll jump at the chance to play with the Hawks

Rememeber, Silk turn down a 4 year deal with the Suns just a few months ago, for a 1 year deal with Hawks
I'm talking post playing days. Think John Blakey.

Rememeber, Silk turn down a 4 year deal with the Suns just a few months ago, for a 1 year deal with Hawks
I’m glad Silk’s kids love HFC
There’s a very good reason Silk turned down the GC offer. He had actually decided to go & told Clarko he was going.

Silk asked Hodgey & a couple of others about schools on the GC for his kids.
Hodgey asked a few people who would know & was told in no uncertain terms that Silk would not want his kids in high school up there, especially at the age they’re at.
When Hodgey told Silk this, his missus said we ain’t going.

There’s a very good reason Silk turned down the GC offer. He had actually decided to go & told Clarko he was going.

Hodgey asked a few people who would know & was told in no uncertain terms that Silk would not want his kids in high school up there, especially at the age they’re at.
I understand that perfectly.
GC is no place for kids to build a career in sports. It will be long long time before GC has any success in AFL!

Yep

The only reason Silk said no to the Suns was due to his kids

Hoping he goes straight to our coaching panel when he retires

Yep

The only reason Silk said no to the Suns was due to his kids
His kids are family. Hawthorn are the family club. Ipso facto the only reason Silk said no to the Suns was due to Hawthorn.

His kids are family. Hawthorn are the family club. Ipso facto the only reason Silk said no to the Suns was due to Hawthorn.
It wasn’t due to HFC.
He did not want his kids going to high school on GC.
That came from Hodgeys mouth straight into my ears, no middle man ;)

Hodgey still delivering the assists to the brown and gold 👍🏾👍

Glad he stayed, but pretty naive to say no good schools on the GC.
It’s not the schools that’s the issue, it’s more what early teens can get up to on the Goldie that is the concern
Their kids have many interests outside of school hours and they were not willing to uproot them and try and start new
The offer from Gold Coast was incredibly tempting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back