Stopping the Tigers 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

didnt yous get done by the lowly hawks at home at the end of the season?

either way you were cooked at the pointy end

Yep, the Eagles ran out of steam. If only we had an advantage such as playing the last 10 games at home and didnt need to travel.

Thats why a top two finish is so valuable to the Eagles. Gives them at least several weeks to get fresh.

Probably would’ve won by 10 goals if we weren’t down a player from the first quarter and a flood of biblical proportions didn’t occur after quarter time.

Still, Richmond did amazingly well in those conditions to come back from 7 goals down and handled the conditions much better.
I fully agree,we play them twice next year in the home and away,we have a strong forward line,strong mid feild and strong back line,if we can stay fit - lets see what happens

Grand Final wasn't a true reflection of the two sides' respective abilities; the Giants had nothing left. Had to come from behind in the other two finals after looking to be on the ropes.

Every other team in the eight will feel they can do better in 2020, with the possible exception of Geelong. Perhaps Melbourne could be the outsider to jump up if they get it together.

I went to a night with dimma and cotch recently and dimma attributed they way we were able to come back in those games in 2019 to that prelim loss against the pies. They learnt so much from that game in that they tried to get back too fast and too quick so left themselves open and the pies kept scoring. Notice in the lions, eagles, cats it was a more precise careful comeback where we chipped away and kept our defensive structure in place so limited the opposition scoring.
So in summary thank you Collingwood for 2019 :)
Interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that changing to a game plan that coulda, shoulda, woulda beat Richmond in 2019. Would be playing into Hardwicks hands in 2020. These are the things that he can plan for.

The execution of the plan would be more important than the type of plan.
It needs to be one that can be followed unrelenting both mentally and physically for the full four quarters by the whole team.

To me one of Richmonds greatest strengths is that they seem to increase in pressure as the game goes on and then cash in when the opposition lapse.

Matching intensity is more important than matching game plans.

For me, if you beat them in the air or on the beach or in France or with American air superiority.
It will be because you did bot not surrender.

Collingwood and West Coast for mine. If those two teams can put a full strength side on the park against Richmond the Tigers will be in for a tough day at the office.
This sounds familiar hehe..

Real champions dont need to make excuses.

Real champions dont need 10 weeks in a row playing at home with zero travel burden just before finals.

You can come up with all the sayings you like buddy. Fact remains money drives the AFL not true equalisation or a even fixtures.

Just accept that other teams cop much harder fixturing than your side simply because of revenue generation policy.

Real champions dont need 10 weeks in a row playing at home with zero travel burden just before finals.

You can come up with all the sayings you like buddy. Fact remains money drives the AFL not true equalisation or a even fixtures.

Just accept that other teams cop much harder fixturing than your side simply because of revenue generation policy.
take it up with the vfl/afl, the league you entered in 1987. or go and play in the wafl

our league , our rules

So if money drives the Afl then wouldn't they want GWS or Brisbane to win the premiership? Are you saying it was rigged and they wanted they Tigers to win? Or are you sooking it up because you should've made top 4 and lost at your home ground to a bottom 8 team in round 23 and ended up playing a qualifying final away and got smashed by a spud team?

congratulations north melbourne 2019 premiers
Look I’m just rebutting the lame excuses for why we beat you

We played better on the day it happens

Not sure why tig fans insecure about it

North murdered them in the contest and that’s the style that will stop the tigers next year also

Remove this Banner Ad

Back