EPL Matchday 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know what can be done about the racism, It just isn't something I've experienced in a lot of years watching football, but it seems to be almost a weekly occurrence.

Don't think kick it out campaigns work. Don't think pleading with supporters works. Banning people is the right thing to do but doesn't seem to change anything.

Starting to think games behind closed doors might be an option, but it's got to be seen as a football wide problem, I don't think it helps targeting or punishing certain clubs.

Can't see it getting any better either.
The embarrassing thing is we’ve been so quick and vocal to call it out in Europe and yet it’s now happening almost weekly in our stadiums.

My thinking though is it’s probably always been there, just literally any instance of it is now brought to light. In a way that’s progress, but yes you’d have to argue whether it will ever be at absolute zero.

If it's 1 or a few of people that are easy to identify. Kick them out forever.

If it's a massive group of people like in Bulgaria, Ban as many people as possible and maybe have the next home game be behind closed doors.

Frank the first manager to beat The Special Once twice in their first two meetings.

Interesting line up change from Frank, mixed things up and boy it worked. Willian deserves alot of credit for that cracking goal, like all our wingers looks better cutting in on the left.

Taylor fouling Alonso was hilarious for getting taken out. WTF.

Frank the first manager to beat The Special Once twice in their first two meetings.

Interesting line up change from Frank, mixed things up and boy it worked. Willian deserves alot of credit for that cracking goal, like all our wingers looks better cutting in on the left.

I think we need to stick with this formation for a while. Allows us to fit in the 3 big boys down back but also let’s us have a bit more freedom with our fullbacks. We don’t really have defensively solid fullbacks at the best of times but this allows them to be a little lazier with cover behind them. Only thing I was concerned about was the midfield creativity but Kante was very good b2b this game and was impressed with his movement and passing.

Frank gave Mou a footballing lesson today. Think he could be the real deal. Will be a lot of ups and downs over the first season or two I reckon though

Frank gave Mou a footballing lesson today. Think he could be the real deal. Will be a lot of ups and downs over the first season or two I reckon though
Mou has unfortunately been found out the same way twice in two big games. Pace down both flanks.

1) get Aurier defending something foreign to him
2) with no Davies our LB stocks of Vertonghen (cant handle pace) & Rose (cant handle anything) are exposed.

Well played Lampard. And there is your template rest of the league until we finally have the clearout Poch asked for 18 months ago

Lovely win in Spur's backyard and much needed. So reassuring to have Rudiger back, we look so much more solid with him. And boy does Willian hate Tottenham, credit where credit's due he was exceptional.

Its utterly bemusing what rutiger endured. I mean, spurs have a few players who are also dark skinned too no? Wonder if those making the chants complain on social media when/if sissoko is racially abused?

also saw a comment from a spurs fan highlighting a chelsea man making the heil hitler sign once upon a time, and also referencing the behaviour on the french metro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its utterly bemusing what rutiger endured. I mean, spurs have a few players who are also dark skinned too no? Wonder if those making the chants complain on social media when/if sissoko is racially abused?

also saw a comment from a spurs fan highlighting a chelsea man making the heil hitler sign once upon a time, and also referencing the behaviour on the french metro.
Unfortunately racism is part of society and it doesn't really escape any football club.

The blame is on Sonny, I understand Mourinho being upset because the guy made an absolute meal out of it but Son shouldn’t have done it in the first place. Total petulance. Three sendings off he’s had since May and that’s not good enough
Was a nothing incident. The conduct surely has to be violent to deserve a sending off. A reflex push out as your rolling on the ground is not violent.

The elbow to the head of the Everton player by Robertson as they were going to ground a few weeks ago was much more deserving of a send off. Wasn’t even looked at

Was a nothing incident. The conduct surely has to be violent to deserve a sending off. A reflex push out as your rolling on the ground is not violent.

The elbow to the head of the Everton player by Robertson as they were going to ground a few weeks ago was much more deserving of a send off. Wasn’t even looked at
It wasn’t a reflex action for me. It looked like a petulant flick of his boot to Ruttigers chest. Yeah I get the point about violent conduct, it was very marginal to say the least, but why even do it? Heat of the battle probably, but you’ve got to be smarter than that especially now with VAR. He didn’t really cost us the game today though, we were going nowhere even with 11 on the pitch

It wasn’t a reflex action for me. It looked like a petulant flick of his boot to Ruttigers chest. Yeah I get the point about violent conduct, it was very marginal to say the least, but why even do it? Heat of the battle probably, but you’ve got to be smarter than that especially now with VAR. He didn’t really cost us the game today though, we were going nowhere even with 11 on the pitch
No issue with the red card being given. But like the commentator here said there should have been a penalty for holding at a set play, 2 incidents both would be paid in other leagues. But in the PL they are yet to pay a penalty for one

No doubting we were puss. I just reckon the incident has to be violent to warrant a sendoff. A petulant Tap with zero risk of injury shouldn’t come under that category.

Following an alleged incident of racism at today's fixture against Chelsea, the Club has issued the following statement.

"We are now conducting a thorough investigation which will include liaising with Chelsea and their players for their observations. Any form of racism is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated in our stadium. We take any such allegations extremely seriously and shall take the strongest possible action against any individual found to be behaving in such a way, including stadium bans."

Following an alleged incident of racism at today's fixture against Chelsea, the Club has issued the following statement.

"We are now conducting a thorough investigation which will include liaising with Chelsea and their players for their observations. Any form of racism is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated in our stadium. We take any such allegations extremely seriously and shall take the strongest possible action against any individual found to be behaving in such a way, including stadium bans."
If it was a section of fans as you suggested we definitely face the closure of the ground. There’s no way the PL would let that one slide without serious repercussions

If it was a section of fans as you suggested we definitely face the closure of the ground. There’s no way the PL would let that one slide without serious repercussions
I'd be very surprised if it's large sections of the crowd. Few idiots here and there which is a few too many. Unfortunately the self policing isn't confident enough because people around them should have given them a clip around the ears. Regardless of rivalries I'd not be against fan on fan violence to stamp this sort of thing out. Many black London spurs supporters would have been in attendance, why should they have to accept hearing that s**t

No doubting we were puss. I just reckon the incident has to be violent to warrant a sendoff. A petulant Tap with zero risk of injury shouldn’t come under that category.
It’s similar to the Beckham flick all those years ago on Simeone against Argentina. Players know they can get sent off for those actions even though they obviously aren’t going to injure their opponent. It is bollocks in a way but players should know the consequences. Son is now showing himself to be a bit of a liability in that regard, similar to how Dele once was

It’s similar to the Beckham flick all those years ago on Simeone against Argentina. Players know they can get sent off for those actions even though they obviously aren’t going to injure their opponent. It is bollocks in a way but players should know the consequences. Son is now showing himself to be a bit of a liability in that regard, similar to how Dele once was
Has Dele ever gotten a red card though?

Has Dele ever gotten a red card though?
Maybe not, but he would react a lot and players would deliberately wind him up. Actually believe he was sent off just before that “battle of the bridge” game aka as MD36 on here. Believe he was suspended for that game - good job too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back