Opinion 2020 Player X v Y v Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Macrae v Neale
Danger v Titch

Close one; Neale seems a little easier to tag out of a game but Macrae also has to share with Dunkley and the Bont each week. Does Neale slow down a little with Lions having a harder draw? Does Macrae improve a little with the Bulldogs likely also improving?

Danger - Titch way overpriced for the uncertainty, injury plus Clarko won't want him going out and racking up 45 every week, plus plus Worpel & Wingard are now a thing in that midfield.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Gawn v Grundy v The Rest?

Who will be the top two rucks in 2020, will either Gawn or Grundy drop off, or will another rise to their level?

Only three ruckmen managed to average over 100 for the season whilst playing every week (Gawn missed one game):

• Grundy @ 130.0
  • Gawn @ 128.4
  • Goldstein @ 112.2
English stands out as the contender for me that could take a big step up, but is he ready or does he needs another season? He's feeding a great midfield and is a Grundy-esque player.

Natanui is going to have a great midfield around him but question marks on durability and whether he can maintain the 120+ it'll likely require to be a top 2 ruck.

The gap between the top ruck pairing and the rest was significant in 2019, getting it right and saving trades here is a massive winner.

Gawn v Grundy v The Rest?

Who will be the top two rucks in 2020, will either Gawn or Grundy drop off, or will another rise to their level?

Only three ruckmen managed to average over 100 for the season whilst playing every week (Gawn missed one game):

• Grundy @ 130.0
  • Gawn @ 128.4
  • Goldstein @ 112.2
English stands out as the contender for me that could take a big step up, but is he ready or does he needs another season? He's feeding a great midfield and is a Grundy-esque player.

Natanui is going to have a great midfield around him but question marks on durability and whether he can maintain the 120+ it'll likely require to be a top 2 ruck.

The gap between the top ruck pairing and the rest was significant in 2019, getting it right and saving trades here is a massive winner.
Grundy & Gawn for me. Set & forget.

Can't see NicNat/Goldy etc coming close.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Grundy & Gawn for me. Set & forget.

Can't see NicNat/Goldy etc coming close.

I'm leaning that way, I went Goldy in 2019 to save some cash but it never really panned out as a winning choice. He did fine without being anywhere near the other two.

I do think English is a genuine goer either in 2020 or 2021, has the right kind of playstyle for fantasy and a strong midfield for HTA (is that still a thing)?

Pick a def under 445k (excluding Doch):
Simpson, Howe, Blakely, Clark
Curious to see Blakey’s role under a new coach. Ross buried him playing off HBF last year. The few stints he had in the midfield he scored well. Watch list for me.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Curious to see Blakey’s role under a new coach. Ross buried him playing off HBF last year. The few stints he had in the midfield he scored well. Watch list for me.
TBF ...Blakey wasn't exactly Midfield fit coming back IMO ....needs to get much fitter

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I blame Kadog ....i followed his spelling

tenor.gif

MITS

Worlds shortest giant
Feb 3, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Grundy V Pittonet

No time wasters.

Not sure if serious. I think it’s pretty obvious who is the better pick.
Pittonet has played 7 games and is 23. Grundy has played around 130 and is 25.
Therefore Pittonet would be a lot fresher and have heaps more miles in his legs left. He will run rings around old man Grundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back