Scott Morrison - How Long? (Part 1 - Continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They know all this when they volunteer.

Why is this any different to the hundreds of other fires or literally millions of times other people volunteer ?

What is so special about this time?
I volunteer for my football club - record keeping, timekeeping, etc

That means of course that I am literally saving property and lives in doing so.

Just like volunteer firefighters.

Last edited:

Never thought I'd say this, but the ad hom towards conservative voices and unhinged vitriol directed at PM Morrison in this thread is starting to give the TDS thread a run for it's money.
I've followed snippets here and there and I can't tell if you're trolling or genuinely believe in what you're putting forward. Playing the victim doesn't win anyone friends and doesn't help discussion on how to resolve issues.

G'day Sherb, long time no talk, hope you're well. Commiserations about that GF. Sheesh!
Cheers mate, the same back to you. Nice to be remembered!

Never thought I'd say this, but the ad hom towards conservative voices and unhinged vitriol directed at PM Morrison in this thread is starting to give the TDS thread a run for it's money.

AB-

How do you think Howard would have handled this crisis?

I personally think he would have handled the optics far far far far far better than how Morrison has.

Part of being a PM is being a statesman/women and leading through troubled times (see Howard and Pt Arthur for an example) and he hasn't led at all during this issue.

At best case Morrison has been reactive throughout all of this issue and hes allowed others to dictate the pace and the ferocity of the vitriol (which isnt leadership).

Oh, it's definitely hinged.

I've followed snippets here and there and I can't tell if you're trolling or genuinely believe in what you're putting forward. Playing the victim doesn't win anyone friends and doesn't help discussion on how to resolve issues.

So Scotty is introducing this;

And his detractors are unhinged :oops:

You obviously weren't following the conversation. All I'm saying is that with the poor perception of the first trip, why would he not rule out going on another one in the next 8 days? It's poor politics, especially from someone who is meant to be PR savvy.

Maybe he literally needs a holiday because he is burned out.

Are you programmed at some special school to hate everyone and everything?

Sure. But what is the answer? Where do you draw the line in volunteers getting paid?

And who should fund them?

Are you programmed at some special school to hate everyone and everything?
He's literally equating the current volunteer firefighters to the bloke who goal umpires each week for his footy club.

To give him credit, that's quite a remarkable effort, even for BigFooty.

He's literally equating the current volunteer firefighters to the bloke who goal umpires each week for his footy club.

To give him credit, that's quite a remarkable effort, even for BigFooty.

The goal umpire at least gets a meat pie and coke on the house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I can't tell if you are trolling since this thread is 90% slinging s**t at PM Morrison and anything positive posted about him herein is met with abuse or calls of you must be "trolling". There is something seriously wrong with you leftist outrage merchants.

And I can't tell if you are trolling since this thread is 90% slinging s**t at PM Morrison and anything positive posted about him herein is met with abuse or calls of you must be "trolling". There is something seriously wrong with you leftist outrage merchants.
I think attacking ScoMo for taking a holiday with his family when he'd be pretty much useless while these fires are going on is ridiculous. I also think suggesting that there is "something seriously wrong with you leftist outrage merchants" is inflammatory and divisive rather than constructive and solution-focused.

Maybe he literally needs a holiday because he is burned out.

Sure. But what is the answer? Where do you draw the line in volunteers getting paid?

I don't know the answer to that but they are risking their lives for others and don't deserve to have that service discredited as;

They are all currently getting paid by their employers.

BTW if they are paid for this work are they actually volunteers?
or
They know all this when they volunteer.

Why is this any different to the hundreds of other fires or literally millions of times other people volunteer ?

What is so special about this time?

But of course it is standard practice for the Liberals to attack anyone and anything at any time to divert attention away from themselves and to shift discussion away form actual reality.

Perfect example today with Scotty and Thunberg - what on earth does Thunberg have to do with the NSW fires? Yet Scotty brings her into the conversation.

The irony of him stating that "now is not the right time to be talking about climate change" and then in his next press conference openly attacking Thunberg is completely lost on the dipshits who voted this fraud in. But it is also a perfect example of how they (you) will use anything and anyone at any time to divert from actually confronting reality.

I'm sure a government which can apparently afford to give $150 million to the US to help it get to Mars could find a way to help compensate its volunteer firefighters.

I think attacking ScoMo for taking a holiday with his family when he'd be pretty much useless while these fires are going on is ridiculous. I also think suggesting that there is "something seriously wrong with you leftist outrage merchants" is inflammatory and divisive rather than constructive and solution-focused.

It's been said a billion times but why did he try and sneak out fornthe country and not tell the press.

He maybe useless to a tea but this was amateur hour at the very very best and hes the leader of our nation on top of his comments in regards to Nixon 10 years ago, he deserves all the public ridicule he's getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back