Punk Rooster 16

Debutant
Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
North Adelaide (SANFL)
McIntyre's House in Edwardstown.
My cousins lived around the corner in the 70s, we often passed by the McIntyre's house on the weekends. I remember a few cars always parked in the street and a big American Car. It all seemed normal, I guess. One time the McIntyre kids were climbing over a boat when we passed by. We often stayed with our cousins on the weekend. Sometimes we noticed a foul burning smell of a night, when sleeping over. But incinerators were quite common then.

You can see the floor plan of the house on Realestate com, its a small house on a huge block. It seems recently renovated. It dosent seem like anything bad happened there. Also you can view a good image of its yard, on Google earth.

I have seen both videos and have looked hard for indications of tunnels.
i take it the address is online somewhere??

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
i take it the address is online somewhere??
I've only started reading about the case. The web site I had seen the address was called gumshoe news.
There I saw some dialog between the Family members. The house address was mentioned
I wont post it online in respect to the new owners.

Andrew Mcintyre, has a youtube video, where he talks about the street name.

I am a bit of a skeptic, there is not enough evidence to indicate the Satin man or Munro were involved.

Macka_321

Senior List
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
There isn’t enough evidence on anyone and likely never will be. Police would have a fair idea who might have done it but they simply don’t have the evidence.

Macka_321

Senior List
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
what do people think of the sexual assault theory? But then, if he wanted to "forcibly have sex" with Jane and Arnna, why take Grant?
Not so sure about that one. It’s always been said whoever did it was only after one but had to take all three. If I’m been honest I doubt this case will ever be solved as unfortunate as that is.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Not so sure about that one. It’s always been said whoever did it was only after one but had to take all three. If I’m been honest I doubt this case will ever be solved as unfortunate as that is.
Not sure. If someone had a strong desire/need for 1 of the children then a different abduction method, time and place may have been instigated. I find it difficult to reconcile wanting 1 and taking all 3. It presents so many difficulties

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have a nagging question.. Is the Identikit photo accurate?. Did the police compile other photos from the various descriptions? Current Face recognition programs could match the picture to a whole range of digitized photos. For example university year books or graduation photos.

Personally Id be looking back at the witness statements and looking for changing and dubious statements. Its Highly possible, the perpetrator may have had contact with the police.

Should the Police post the case files they have online? Like the Portuguese police did with the Maddie case? (ref the PJ Files)

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I honestly hate them but the biggest true crime podcast and one of the most popular podcasts in general 'Crime Junkie' covered this case in their recent ep.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
He'd be the most prolific child killer in Australia and one of the worst in the world if he was responsible. Considering how many missing children cases where he had been a suspect. What a disgusting human.

Derek Percy might challenge him for the most evil bastard prize.

Both were disgusting so not much in it.

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is there someone out there still waiting for that thump on the door, as the police come knocking?
Who ever it is, they would be close to eighty now. They may have passed away, who knows?
One thing I know for sure, is that if they tried it today. its highly likely they would be detected quickly.
There's probably fifty of more CCtv cameras in that area of Glenelg today. Not counting dash cams and bus or tram cams.
If they were in a car, they probably would be tracked across the city via trafic cams etc.
There would be plenty of images of the kidnapper and his Car.

I would really like it to be solved

Belushi Brassiere

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2011
Albury-Wodonga, Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think he was after Jane and or Arnna for romantic/sexual reasons but had to kill Grant to silence a witness.
Just an observation but in most of the existing photos, Jane and Arnna are in dresses not trousers or shorts like most girls would be today. Says a lot about South Australia in the mid-sixties.

I read that article and couldn't find any new lead. Media sucks these days.
Any credibility the media had on this matter died the day of that ch7 circus

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Jane and Arnna are in dresses not trousers or shorts like most girls would be today. Says a lot about South Australia in the mid-sixties.
Says a lot about the world at the time not just SA

Belushi Brassiere

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2011
Albury-Wodonga, Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
If it was at the behest of the apparent high-connected "paedophile network" in Adelaide in the sixties and seventies, I think Jane and Arnna were the real prizes, that they were possibly kept alive and captive for a bit as sexual playthings, and Grant was killed because he could have told his parents or the police quite a lot about who took them.

The other reason Grant would have been of less use to most of the apparent "network" was pointed out elsewhere - Four Corners on the ABC had to take great care to remind its viewers that most paedos target little girls rather than little boys. GreyCrow

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
If it was at the behest of the apparent high-connected "paedophile network" in Adelaide in the sixties and seventies, I think Jane and Arnna were the real prizes, that they were possibly kept alive and captive for a bit as sexual playthings, and Grant was killed because he could have told his parents or the police quite a lot about who took them.

The other reason Grant would have been of less use to most of the apparent "network" was pointed out elsewhere - Four Corners on the ABC had to take great care to remind its viewers that most paedos target little girls rather than little boys. GreyCrow
Not sure why you felt the need to highlight my name when you could have quoted me

As to the last line , while it isnt 50/50 neither is it 80/20

ie Four Corners got it wrong

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I would have thought little girls are the main target simply because sexual offences against children are largely committed by men and boys and most people are not bisexual or homosexual.
That is quite an interesting point of view.

That is quite an interesting point of view.

Sounds a lot like they're actually saying, "I would only have sex with little girls, so they mustn't have wanted the boy for that"

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Sounds a lot like they're actually saying, "I would only have sex with little girls, so they mustn't have wanted the boy for that"
I don't really understand what they are saying without derailing the thread

I have posted before that there are other means to get the girls without Grant.

Back