2020 trade targets

Remove this Banner Ad

So how do we secure ourselves a decent player from another club for nothing?

Brisbane got Lyons as a DFA
Geelong get Stevens for a 50s pick
Hawks - Scully, Patton, Scrimshaw
Carlton - Martin
Richmond - Lynch

Seems we have to always pay market price (or some would argue more). OK, we did well with Eddie, but other than that?

I hope with our off-field changes and salary cap space opening up, we are on the way

The common trends are (Ignoring that Gold Coast were in a really wierd situation where they can actually let someone worth a first walk for no compensation whatsoever) is either someone with injury/mental issues (Stevens, Scully, Patton), in free agency (Lynch, though this comes with paying higher than average wages, which is potentially a bigger price to pay than a draft pick depending on the wages), or out of favour (Lyons, Scrimshaw).

Mind you, there are about 4 options right now who could potentially blossom into this good player in Stengle, Frampton, Keays and Crocker for peanuts.

I'm retired I can spend my time however I please. Football is a particular interest.
Ditto.

I just have trouble sometimes sifting through the dross to find the informative stuff. Some of the profligate posting is quite tiresome and deters me from contributing more than I do.

On topic, I’d like to see us have a crack at Isaac Cumming as well. Pace, foot skills and ability to find the ball. Yes please

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ditto.

I just have trouble sometimes sifting through the dross to find the informative stuff. Some of the profligate posting is quite tiresome and deters me from contributing more than I do.

On topic, I’d like to see us have a crack at Isaac Cumming as well. Pace, foot skills and ability to find the ball. Yes please
As long as he's not Hampton mk2. Maybe we can get him cheap too to help their cap 😬

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
The common trends are (Ignoring that Gold Coast were in a really wierd situation where they can actually let someone worth a first walk for no compensation whatsoever) is either someone with injury/mental issues (Stevens, Scully, Patton), in free agency (Lynch, though this comes with paying higher than average wages, which is potentially a bigger price to pay than a draft pick depending on the wages), or out of favour (Lyons, Scrimshaw).

Mind you, there are about 4 options right now who could potentially blossom into this good player in Stengle, Frampton, Keays and Crocker for peanuts.
The only one of those I've got decent expectations of is Keays.

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Picks 4, 7, 11 and 18 in 2012 draft

Only one didn't return home.
:think:

1579227841214.png

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Talking of out of favour players, someone like Lin Jong from the Dogs will probably be on the market as a DFA at the end of this year if he can't secure a consistent place in the side. He's got a decent sized body (high 80s kg, 190cm), strong overhead, very quick (has played run-with roles before on guys like Dangerfield and done really well) but * me is he injury prone. And not in the tradition sense of having bad hamstrings, calf, ankle or whatever, as I believe he's had one hamstring injury ever, which happened to be a random mishap during training this year. The dude is just accident prone. Broke his collarbone in a bad tackle in 2018, broke his collarbone shortly before our premiership win too (he would've been in our 22 otherwise). Then he's just had so many random little things that cause him to miss small periods. Swear he just gets randomly hurt at every opportunity. He makes some s**t decisions on field at times, but honestly I hardly blame him when he struggles for continuity thanks to his s**t luck for random incidents occurring.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Talking of out of favour players, someone like Lin Jong from the Dogs will probably be on the market as a DFA at the end of this year if he can't secure a consistent place in the side. He's got a decent sized body (high 80s kg, 190cm), strong overhead, very quick (has played run-with roles before on guys like Dangerfield and done really well) but fu** me is he injury prone. And not in the tradition sense of having bad hamstrings, calf, ankle or whatever, as I believe he's had one hamstring injury ever, which happened to be a random mishap during training this year. The dude is just accident prone. Broke his collarbone in a bad tackle in 2018, broke his collarbone shortly before our premiership win too (he would've been in our 22 otherwise). Then he's just had so many random little things that cause him to miss small periods. Swear he just gets randomly hurt at every opportunity. He makes some s**t decisions on field at times, but honestly I hardly blame him when he struggles for continuity thanks to his s**t luck for random incidents occurring.
Gotta say your post is somewhat

so-random-gif.691574

:grin:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Coleman-Jones I certainly think has a bright future, but I can't see a need for him on our list. Maybe Port have interest?
Depends how the draft unfolds. I'm sure both clubs have an eye on Thilthorpe. But Coleman-Jones is another who could take that supporting tall forward and 2nd ruck role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back