EPL Matchday 19

Remove this Banner Ad

If I were manager I would ban goalies from leaving their box in defensive situations. Too high risk.

Why even risk encroachment. You know you will be caught.

Alsi he ran straight through the half circle so was a massive encroachment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under a lot of pressure, I'd be surprised if Wolves don't score.

I get the feeling it will take another one from us just to kill their momentum.

Playing close to a full match with 10 men not ideal either with another game less than 48 hours away.

I was an advocate of VAR to begin with, but I’m not so sure now. Would like it to be for just clear and obvious errors, but it’s so hard to draw the line for that. I wonder if they’ll ever sort it out

I was an advocate of VAR to begin with, but I’m not so sure now. Would like it to be for just clear and obvious errors, but it’s so hard to draw the line for that. I wonder if they’ll ever sort it out

Fair enough on encroachment if it's just players from one team but if both teams do it cannot understand VAR involvement.

Fair enough on encroachment if it's just players from one team but if both teams do it cannot understand VAR involvement.
It was more the penalty itself. You’d almost never have got that penalty pre-VAR (or even post VAR). Mahrez clearly dived, but technically there was some contact. Very, very weak penalty for me

Hasn't worked out for us today, but Ederson has created an awful lot playing that sweeper role.

And it has allowed our defense to play a much higher line.

So I think Pep is happy to suffer the odd disaster for the benefits that Ederson leaving his line gives us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back