West Coasters Flag Prospects 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah. Tigers have the largest supporter base and generate the most media traffic = more clicks for him regardless of what tripe he writes. There’s a reason there’s barely any articles written about saints, dogs, norf, freo etc. nobody cares

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At the moment the member numbers for Richmond are huge. They will jump off in a few years, just like Hawthorn fans. And more articles will be written about one of the minnows when their moment in the sun comes.

Richmond have nowhere near the largest supporter base btw. Sydney, West Coast, Collingwood, Adelaide, Essendon and even Brisbane outsize them.

At the moment the member numbers for Richmond are huge. They will jump off in a few years, just like Hawthorn fans. And more articles will be written about one of the minnows when their moment in the sun comes.

Richmond have nowhere near the largest supporter base btw. Sydney, West Coast, Collingwood, Adelaide, Essendon and even Brisbane outsize them.

Guessing you’ll be posting Roy Morgan numbers next

So you have no idea what his his opinions are but you wonder about people who do?
Yeah I heard him once in July 2017 when he was ripping into Hardwick saying Richmond were getting ahead of themselves after beating Port.

Only after Hardwick responded to his direct comments in the media mind you. 2 months later we won the flag. Made me laugh.

Obviously his comments were there to inflame but had no credibility. Some here like him though, probably because they believe he validates these same uneducated opinions.

and yet WC fans are constantly telling us how tough you've got it....

It's almost like you're making crap up.

Actually we are pointing out how easy you have it.

We totally accept the natural challenges of an interstate club has.

We don't accept the advantages given to several of the 'old boys clubs' in Vic by AFL House simply to make more money an pay fat cat bonus's.

Hubris comes before Nemesis. A bit of your own history should give you some humility.

People identifying themselves as Hawthorn supporters dropped by 28.6% in one year from 2018 to 2019. That’s massive.
Membership numbers are different, partly because the AFL don’t differentiate between full and partial (less than 11 game) memberships. Gil loves the million members, but the figures aren’t equivalent.

Why are a Freo and Richmond supporter in a thread about West Coast, talking about Hawthorn's membership base?

Talk about derailing a thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are a Freo and Richmond supporter in a thread about West Coast, talking about Hawthorn's membership base?

Talk about derailing a thread.

You’ve complained about the thread being derailed well before I posted. What with chatter about Red Rooster and Kane Cornes, the derailment was complete.

Will two or three players (Kelly, Naitanui and a fitter but ageing Kennedy) make all the difference? I hope not.

But it would be nice to have some of these Richmond fans stop gloating for a minute. Will their supporter numbers collapse like Hawthorn’s? Maybe. I reckon the number of Richmond posters calling other clubs minnows will.

You’ve complained about the thread being derailed well before I posted. What with chatter about Red Rooster and Kane Cornes, the derailment was complete.

Will two or three players (Kelly, Naitanui and a fitter but ageing Kennedy) make all the difference? I hope not.

But it would be nice to have some of these Richmond fans stop gloating for a minute. Will their supporter numbers collapse like Hawthorn’s? Maybe. I reckon the number of Richmond posters calling other clubs minnows will.

Bitter Freo supporter, what a surprise.

By the way, if West Coast win in 2020 Richmond supporters will go back s**t crazy. The 2-2 epoch flag tally will see them in every thread trying to flex their muscle. They are a very sensitive bunch after all.

It’s definitely bringing the Kane Cornes fanbois out in this thread.

And makes sense of some posters mindsets.
Looks like you’re a regular contributor to the Kane Cornes salt mine.

It’s hilarious watching you flogs get triggered by the AFL equivalent of a shock jock.

Salt, salt, he doesn’t respect us, he is using logic about our draw, more salt

It’s hilarious watching you flogs get triggered by the AFL equivalent of a shock jock.

It doesn't take too many brain cells to work out that 10 games straight playing at your home ground leading into finals is a massive advantage no other club had last season.

Kane easily came to that conclusion and called it out for what it was.

What does it say about Richmond supporters who bag him for saying it as it was.

LOL. Hilarious stuff all round.

Keep it up Tigers fans. Making the off season go by quickly with a few laughs at your expense. :cool: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Bitter Freo supporter, what a surprise.

By the way, if West Coast win in 2020 Richmond supporters will go back s**t crazy. The 2-2 epoch flag tally will see them in every thread trying to flex their muscle. They are a very sensitive bunch after all.

Not bitter. You expect me to wish the Eagles further success? They have done so without my wishes. If they have a bit of luck, the Eagles can finish top two and then they would be in a box position to win again.

Richmond fans are a diverse bunch. They include the very best posters on this site, and also the ones posting on this thread. Eagles fans don’t quite reach the same heights, but they have the depths covered (as we all do).

Yeah I heard him once in July 2017 when he was ripping into Hardwick saying Richmond were getting ahead of themselves after beating Port.

Only after Hardwick responded to his direct comments in the media mind you. 2 months later we won the flag. Made me laugh.

Obviously his comments were there to inflame but had no credibility. Some here like him though, probably because they believe he validates these same uneducated opinions.
^^ This guys a classic..Yeah heard him once in 2017....LOL

Not bitter. You expect me to wish the Eagles further success? They have done so without my wishes. If they have a bit of luck, the Eagles can finish top two and then they would be in a box position to win again.

Richmond fans are a diverse bunch. They include the very best posters on this site, and also the ones posting on this thread. Eagles fans don’t quite reach the same heights, but they have the depths covered (as we all do).

I agree that some of the tigers supporters are great value.

I don't think there are any eagles supporters who are as low quality posters as the tiges in this thread though.

Why can't you get behind us mate, think of WA :)

It doesn't take too many brain cells to work out that 10 games straight playing at your home ground leading into finals is a massive advantage no other club had last season.

Kane easily came to that conclusion and called it out for what it was.

What does it say about Richmond supporters who bag him for saying it as it was.

LOL. Hilarious stuff all round.

Keep it up Tigers fans. Making the off season go by quickly with a few laughs at your expense. :cool: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

So now it’s 10 games in a row? Think you’re confusing us with Collingwood 2010.

I really don’t know what the big deal is over him. It seems he’s big out west and he gets a lot of support from West Coast supporters as evident in this thread. Amazing seeing they have to stream him over there. But for some, anything to justify their view that their world is unjust is worth the effort so they can continue to moan.

He seems to be a hero for the little brother mentality that some of the Neanderthal West Australians still possess. Hopefully the new generation of West Australians stamp this strange trait out as time rolls on.

It’s actually pretty typical of these sorts of supporters to derail a thread like this because they see someone on the east coast with something they don’t have and whinge about it. Yeah we got a great draw this year. I don’t think anyone is denying that? But some whinge incessantly about it. They want what they can’t have. That’s life. Either do something about it or get on with it and stop making excuses. Its such a small town mentality.

I think West Coast will be one of the three teams fighting for the flag next year. And like Richmond, their list is in win now mode. I enjoy watching their side play, but some of their whiny supporters make it hard work to converse actual football with them. That said, I’m sure they could say the same about some Richmond supporters.

So if you want to stick to topic, I’m happy to talk up West Coasts prospects in 2020. I’m bullish on what they can do and enjoy watching them play.

Just no more whinging and woe is me mentality please.

Not bitter just expressing bitterness towards Eagles supporters .

Regards the Eagles in 2020.Brander and Williams are coming along as is Oscar Allen training with the defence.So the only concerns the Eagles have for the start of the season ,Barass and McGovern injury are being addressed.Though those two should be right by the time the practice matches start, and the club is in a better position fitness and depth wise then it has been for along time.Lots of upside not much downside for the Eagles in 2020.

Why wasn’t flying an issue in 2018, but it all of a sudden became an issue in 2019? A relaxing first class flight across the Nullarbor isn’t the reason you guys couldn’t get the job done in 2019.

Just admit you weren’t good enough, like we weren’t in 2018. It will make you appreciate 2018 more because you’re not dwelling on something you did not deserve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back