MMA-UFC UFC 246 - McGregor Vs Cowboy

Remove this Banner Ad

p-1.jpg

(Lazy poster imo)

McGregor has to get it done within 2 rounds...otherwise he'll get headkicked.

I've never liked this fight for McGregor......would have preferred the Gaethje fight. Slightly easier match up and that fight is perceived to be a much tougher task than Cerrone.

Have at it.

Not many other big fights, name wise at least on the rest of the card. I’m probably going to leaning more towards cowboy. Feel like McGregor and all his antics he has kind of backed himself into a corner with this fight. I can’t see where he goes from here if he loses. Can’t remember the direct quote but McGregors career reminds me of what Marvin Hagler once said about how it’s hard to keep training hard when you’re waking up in silk sheets.

This will be interesting. Not sure how it goes down. Both guys capable of getting the win.
It's all gold for Conor if he wins, but If he loses, there's still Nate 3.
Cerrone to be in beast-mode, doesn't have anything much to lose here, just big gains.
The rest of the card is very ordinary. I'm interested to see what the ppv buys will come to. Gonna be a month with no UFC before this event.

Pretty shitty card tbh. I think Conor wins inside 2 rounds. Cowboy is a great match-up for him. Holly Holm doesn’t fill me with much excitement. Pettis can be good for a show but he probably gets pieced up here. Only other fight I’m keen to really see is Barber.
I’m on her hype, she’s very fresh(21) & still has lots to learn. But I like her style and she throws with bad intentions.

Cowboy was a Brad Pitt in Fight Club type unit for UFC 131.

Donald_%22Cowboy%22_Cerrone.jpg

Problem is, that was over eight years ago.

He has been stopped within two rounds in his two most recent fights. I see this one going similarly.

Happy to be proven wrong, though.

Not many other big fights, name wise at least on the rest of the card. I’m probably going to leaning more towards cowboy. Feel like McGregor and all his antics he has kind of backed himself into a corner with this fight. I can’t see where he goes from here if he loses. Can’t remember the direct quote but McGregors career reminds me of what Marvin Hagler once said about how it’s hard to keep training hard when you’re waking up in silk sheets.
He goes back to Diaz 3 if he loses. No doubt about it at all
Also he's McGregor, even if he loses tonnes of guys would want to fight him.
Cowboy was a Brad Pitt in Fight Club type unit for UFC 131.

Donald_%22Cowboy%22_Cerrone.jpg

Problem is, that was over eight years ago.

He has been stopped within two rounds in his two most recent fights. I see this one going similarly.

Happy to be proven wrong, though.
He also fought Gaejthe and Ferguson who might be the 2 best fighters in the division. He might not be the champion but good luck walking through him when you haven't fought in a year and a bit.

He goes back to Diaz 3 if he loses. No doubt about it at all
Also he's McGregor, even if he loses tonnes of guys would want to fight him.

He also fought Gaejthe and Ferguson who might be the 2 best fighters in the division. He might not be the champion but good luck walking through him when you haven't fought in a year and a bit.
Cowboy is a top 5 fighter in either division he wants to fight in. Unfortunatly just not quite consistant enough to ever win a belt but taking fights every 3 months has not helpedhis cause either

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Cowboy is a top 5 fighter in either division he wants to fight in. Unfortunatly just not quite consistant enough to ever win a belt but taking fights every 3 months has not helpedhis cause either

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
It's literally insane the blokes who he has fought in the last 2 years
Since 2017-
Gaethje
Ferguson
Iaquinta
Hernandez
Perry
Edwards
Till
Lawler
Masvidal

That's the most crazy list of fighters in a 3 year span you could ever see.
The weakest name on that list is Perry and he's a ******* savage.

It's literally insane the blokes who he has fought in the last 2 years
Since 2017-
Gaethje
Ferguson
Iaquinta
Hernandez
Perry
Edwards
Till
Lawler
Masvidal

That's the most crazy list of fighters in a 3 year span you could ever see.
The weakest name on that list is Perry and he's a ******* savage.
Even more crazy when you look at some of his short breaks

* Ferguson 34 days after Iaquinta fight
* Hernandez 8 weeks after Perry fight
* Masvidal 6 weeks after Brown fight (this was the fight his management should have stopped him from taking as his chin was always going to be weak after the Brown war and his stock was at high)

Even more crazy when you look at some of his short breaks

* Ferguson 34 days after Iaquinta fight
* Hernandez 8 weeks after Perry fight
* Masvidal 6 weeks after Brown fight (this was the fight his management should have stopped him from taking as his chin was always going to be weak after the Brown war and his stock was at high)
I heard the theory around that this fight is basically a reward to cowboy for being such a legendary company man as he's the best of example of anywhere anytime.

I heard the theory around that this fight is basically a reward to cowboy for being such a legendary company man as he's the best of example of anywhere anytime.
No surprises there.

He has built his name around being the guy who fights anyone, anytime, anywhere.

I'm glad it's starting to pay dividends.

No surprises there.

He has built his name around being the guy who fights anyone, anytime, anywhere.

I'm glad it's starting to pay dividends.

and unlike most who say that, he really ******* means it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a nice thought but not sure they’d be giving such a huge fight to someone for no reason. Really it’s the most winnable fight for Conor against the biggest name, that’s about it. It also should be exciting given its most likely to be a stand up war, though Cerrone would do well to get it to the ground.

Been hilarious all the people sucking off how 'good' McGregor looks for his size at 170. No s**t he looks better he looks jacked. Doesn't actually mean anything. Imagine if he had to fight someone like Till when he was at 170 or Woodley. Those guys are big big 170 pounders.

Also, Rockhold looked pretty ******* jacked at 205.. fat ******* lot of good that did him

Cowboy is a legend but is at the end of his career
I wanna see Masvidal against mcgregor, masvidal will give him the 3 peice and soda
And put him into retirement .

Cowboy is a legend but is at the end of his career
I wanna see Masvidal against mcgregor, masvidal will give him the 3 peice and soda
And put him into retirement .
Cowboy is a ******* legend but has hurt his own career by constantly fighting every 3 months....Especially when he has fought most of the best on short notice

If McNuggets wins (which unfortunately I think he will as Cowboy is too arrogant to take fights to the ground when he should) then Conor will fight Gaethje next. If he wins those he will go Khabib again or Ferguson

Cowboy is a ******* legend but has hurt his own career by constantly fighting every 3 months....Especially when he has fought most of the best on short notice

If McNuggets wins (which unfortunately I think he will as Cowboy is too arrogant to take fights to the ground when he should) then Conor will fight Gaethje next. If he wins those he will go Khabib again or Ferguson
Oi, don't be too harsh on Cerrone. His record is fantastic, and he constantly fights the absolute toughest mother *ers in the World. He OWNS the phrase "anyone, anytime, anywhere".

Just saw this. Correct.
I saw your first quote and was like wft, then I saw this

Cowboy is my favorite fighter by a long way.....I have always stated this. Having said that I think he fights stupidly on many occasions. Alot of his loses of recent times I can think of Gaethje, Masvidal, Till & possibly Edwards I reckon he could of won had he taken the fights to the ground rather than being too stubborn and keeping them standing up. He is a great kickboxer but his ground game is so good that I don't know why he hasn't taken these fights to the ground on his terms. The only real fight lately he went to the ground was Perry and that was because Perry initiated it.

Unfortunately if he had a more career orientated approach he would have avoided some silly fights loses. Such as fighting Masvidal 8 weeks after his win v Brown which even though he won he took some killer damage and his career trajectory was on the up. And then again when he took the Ferguson fight 8 weeks after the Al Iaquinta masterclass. He and Dos Anjos have become the gate keepers in their division where they lose almost as much as they win but that is because the UFC know how good they are and constantly set them up to fight the up and coming stars and the almost there stars.

But then again that is why Cowboy is a ******* legend because he talks the talk and doesn't turn down any fight and is a crowd pleasing fighter. Had he been a little more like a Woodley who didn't care what the perception of him was like I really feel like he would have won a title along the way

Gaethje conor wont happen imo
Itll be straight to jorge for the bmf
Khabib rematch wont happen unless khabibs purse is so big he cant turn it down
All imo of course, obviously no idea what will happen

What we need is ferg to knock khabib off and throw a massive spanner in the works
U can bet conor v ferg would then be pushed hard next, surely

Gaethje conor wont happen imo
Itll be straight to jorge for the bmf
Khabib rematch wont happen unless khabibs purse is so big he cant turn it down
All imo of course, obviously no idea what will happen

What we need is ferg to knock khabib off and throw a massive spanner in the works
U can bet conor v ferg would then be pushed hard next, surely
Dana won’t let Conor fight Ferg the same way he won’t let him fight gamebred

He won’t go to 170 after this. He will be back at 155 for sure.
I thought that too but now I'm thinking it's a fail safe if he loses. As in they'll blame the weight and move him.
I also think if he KOs cowboy in the first round he will go after Masvidal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back