EPL Matchday 21

Untitled.jpg
Untitled1.jpg

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My only problem with VAR is if a human has to draw lines and shift them to determine if someone is offside. Righto another thing is that VAR should be limited to 60 seconds of review time or the original decision remains.

It is completely stupid. None of it is accurate either. I was talking to a guy who does the cricket stuff and used to do world record lines for swimming and horse racing stuff and whatever else they do in sports television, tennis is another big one. It is all guesswork. Sure they have a lot of cameras and a lot of technology and it is pretty good guess work. But it is still guesswork.

That is why cricket has "umpires call" which is perfect. If it is that close leave the umpires in charge.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Arsenal currently have one win from their last twelve league games. When was the last time they were on such a run? It doesn’t get a lot easier in their next four:
Man Utd H
Palace A
Sheff Utd H
Chelsea A

What a ******* time to be alive!
We're 12th too. Lucky to finish in the top half the way we are going.

I've been watching so much football I'm starting to talk like Jim Beglin. I've not bought one of those Hungry Jacks chorizo burgers though.

I so strongly associate that Hungry Jacks ad with the EPL now when I see it on another channel it feels weird lol.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We're 12th too. Lucky to finish in the top half the way we are going.
I don’t think arsenal haven’t finished in the top half in my lifetime. Personally I still think you will, there were good signs in that first half

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
Please explain how your salt lasted 30 years? Must've been tough.

Yea it was tough but this current team is now giving me tears of joy. You should be grateful also, we are seeing world class football by a world class team under the guise of a world class manager. Liverpool is saving football before our very eyes and taking it to another level, be thankful for that. You'll be able to tell your grandkids that you saw it as it happened.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Yea it was tough but this current team is now giving me tears of joy. You should be grateful also, we are seeing world class football by a world class team under the guise of a world class manager. Liverpool is saving football before our very eyes and taking it to another level, be thankful for that. You'll be able to tell your grandkids that you saw it as it happened.
Never said a bad word about the football Liverpool play only the decisions they get, I actually like the attacking style they play much to your bemusement.
Trust me I know how good Klopp is I said to some of my Liverpool mates that i was scared when he joined and some of them even told me after a year of klopp being in charge that he wasn't the man for the job lol but of course they can't admit to ever saying that about it lol figures because they were hanging onto how quickly rogers almost won Liverpool a title.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Never said a bad word about the football Liverpool play only the decisions they get, I actually like the attacking style they play much to your bemusement.
Trust me I know how good Klopp is I said to some of my Liverpool mates that i was scared when he joined and some of them even told me after a year of klopp being in charge that he wasn't the man for the job lol but of course they can't admit to ever saying that about it lol figures because they were hanging onto how quickly rogers almost won Liverpool a title.

Check out the VAR table, Liverpool aren't benefiting as much as you think.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Not really getting the saltiness towards Liverpool by some in here. Do you really want to see the League won again by an oil arab's billion dollar plus injection? The Premier League was at risk of being destroyed by Manchester City simply because it was that crap for so long that it became an attractive cheap buy for a billionaire crook looking to monopolise the League with his crooked money. Yet here is Liverpool FC, like Superman coming to the rescue of Jane (Jane being the Premier League) and some of you carry on as if Liverpool is the villain. There's only one villain here and he"s dressed in baby blue.

Liverpool is representing everything good about the game. Pure, wholesome, exciting, multifaceted, hi throttle stuff, funded by FOOTBALL money.

But put the football aside for one moment, what about the club itself? Best strip in the game, most famous anthem in football, most famous stand in football, heart and soul, emotion, the most recognised sign (This is Anfield) in football, probably the most down to earth and humble set of fans you will meet (haven't met a Liverpool fan yet who thinks the League is won). Probably the most likeable manager in football. Honestly what is there not like about Liverpool Football Club? Yet some of you would rather those financial dopers do the hatrick. Seriously do not get the hate.

Back