EPL Matchday 20

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the still image from behind it appears that way. The video clip shows it hitting him in the right chest area while moving his arm away.
Looks to me from the video that it hits his hand.

So I presume you feel like the Wolves goal should have been ruled out? Law is the law after all.
I’m still not even sure what they are basing it on. If it’s the hand it’s a joke, if it’s the foot, well it’s hardly advantageous but I guess to the letter of the law it’s offside. It’s also not a clear and obvious error so referees decision should stand too but who knows the actual rules anymore.

Looks to me from the video that it hits his hand.

The ball doesn't appear to change direction if it did hit his arm, only after it hits his chest. So you can see why this isn't conclusive

Footage from the front or another angle might clear this up, but no one has any footage of that yet.

Seriously, no one has any clue what happened. The game is played in real time. God help us when every single decision is reviewed frame by frame - games will go for days and the current Christmas congestion will look like Childs play. They will need to defer internationals to allow players who are waiting for VAR decisions to become available.

Jeez this is a bore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back