• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Re Brodie ....the GC have just added 3 new midfielders ...Rowell, Anderson and Greenwood ....Flanders will start predominantly fwd .....lots of competition there & I'd still favor Rowell

Won't surprise if Brodie is on the move, club wise, at years end
Brodie would be worried at this point ......he'll do better with a change of scenery
His uncle is one of the head recruiters and chief pie eaters at Carlton.

0utsider

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dunks averaged 109 over the final 9 games in 2018 when Bevo belatedly moved him to the guts, even though Dunkley had starred in the JLT in the midfield.

Rince and repeat in 2019 JLT yet Bevo still preferred Libba & Wallis as inside mids to start 2019 with Dunkley splitting time up forward. I trust Dunkley's scoring as a pure mid a hell of a lot more than I trust Bevo to always play him in his best postion.

The whole Bevo versatility thing is a bit of a myth really. While he does appreciate versatility he doesn’t change the team around a crazy amount more than any other coach.

Dunkley was drafted as a midfielder, however Bevo thought his physicality and size could turn him into a good big bodied medium forward, at least while he developed, however if the last two years have taught us one thing it’s that Dunkley has absolutely no place in any AFL side as a forward. He is legitimately woeful, just doesn’t have the natural forward IQ.

Add to that the fact that we’ve now added Bruce to a forward line with Naughton and Schache and it seems very unlikely to me that we’ll be wanting to add any of our 190+ mids to the mix for any serious amount of time (and if we do, Dunkley should be at the bottom of the list).

Thats enough of me trying to sell Dunkley though, I’ll be running him and will be glad to leave everyone who’s not convinced in the rear view mirror.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
The whole Bevo versatility thing is a bit of a myth really. While he does appreciate versatility he doesn’t change the team around a crazy amount more than any other coach.

Dunkley was drafted as a midfielder, however Bevo thought his physicality and size could turn him into a good big bodied medium forward, at least while he developed, however if the last two years have taught us one thing it’s that Dunkley has absolutely no place in any AFL side as a forward. He is legitimately woeful, just doesn’t have the natural forward IQ.

Add to that the fact that we’ve now added Bruce to a forward line with Naughton and Schache and it seems very unlikely to me that we’ll be wanting to add any of our 190+ mids to the mix for any serious amount of time (and if we do, Dunkley should be at the bottom of the list).

Thats enough of me trying to sell Dunkley though, I’ll be running him and will be glad to leave everyone who’s not convinced in the rear view mirror.
Yep, top post.

Given the embarrassment of riches the doggies have in the big-bodied mid section, I’d play Bont in bursts in the FWD line to give him a break.

Almost an impossible match up and my favourite non-Carlton player.

I’m still tossing up between Macrae and Dunkaroo.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep, top post.

Given the embarrassment of riches the doggies have in the big-bodied mid section, I’d play Bont in bursts in the FWD line to give him a break.

Almost an impossible match up and my favourite non-Carlton player.

I’m still tossing up between Macrae and Dunkaroo.
I’m planning on running both Macrae and Dunkley.

Oct 17, 2012
Midland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Seems popular to run those 2.
For good reason too.

I had Macrae, Dunkley & Bont for the 2nd half of last season and those boys rewarded the faith big time, it's no surprise that the Doggies charged into the top 8 with ease last season given their performances. The best part is that they are all under 26 yrs old! I mean just look at those post-bye scores:

1577682312283.png

1577682339216.png

1577682292142.png

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I hope I get you in the first league game
You say this every season .....you think Here2tellyouwhy is an easy kill .....this maybe correct, but it's still hurtfull .....H2TYW I believe in you :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the fact Bont is going under the radar with most people opting for Dunkdick and Macrae.

Had Bont 2 out of the last 3 seasons now. Brownlow contender in 2020, new captain, big nose, large chol, what's not to like? :moustache:

Wonder if all 3 is too many.
I’m tossing up the same thing.

Does Bont play more fwd? Does Dunkley continue his 126 avg post bye?

Hmmmmm

I just don't buy into Dunkley continuing that ridiculous form myself.

He had a hot streak, he showed Beveridge that he can play midfield, sweet. But it's been broken now, there is no way he continues a 126 avg IMO.

Hey if he does, i'll add the campaigner to my team alongside Macrae and Bont. But i'm not interested in starting him. * that noise.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I just don't buy into Dunkley continuing that ridiculous form myself.

He had a hot streak, he showed Beveridge that he can play midfield, sweet. But it's been broken now, there is no way he continues a 126 avg IMO.

Hey if he does, i'll add the campaigner to my team alongside Macrae and Bont. But i'm not interested in starting him. fu** that noise.

But has the Bont ever scored a 200?

Good luck freeing up cash and chasing lost points when Dunk starts at a 126 average again this year :thumbsu:

But has the Bont ever scored a 200?

Good luck freeing up cash and chasing lost points when Dunk starts at a 126 average again this year :thumbsu:

Thanks, good luck in 2020 to you too :thumbsupemoji:

People are so friendly on this board, i love it.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Brodie would be worried at this point ......he'll do better with a change of scenery
Re-signed at the end of last year :D

Will be interested to see how Brodie gets on with a seasoned pro in Greenwood coming in and highly touted Rowell coming in as well.

If he is fitter than last year he will get a look in for sure. We need that taller midfield to bash and crash to help the likes of Swallow out but he isn't much help when he is gassed by 3 QTR time.

If you were to get on a higher priced Suns mid, I would look at Fiorini if he can stay fit, however I would be steering clear of any higher priced Suns, maybe outside of Greenwood in the FWD line.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Re-signed at the end of last year :D

Will be interested to see how Brodie gets on with a seasoned pro in Greenwood coming in and highly touted Rowell coming in as well.

If he is fitter than last year he will get a look in for sure. We need that taller midfield to bash and crash to help the likes of Swallow out but he isn't much help when he is gassed by 3 QTR time.

If you were to get on a higher priced Suns mid, I would look at Fiorini if he can stay fit, however I would be steering clear of any higher priced Suns, maybe outside of Greenwood in the FWD line.
Told you Brodie was worried :D .....Greenwood is not quick, and struggles to spread in the midfield .....with a few slow Crows players, he consequently found himself forward a lot ....and out of a team that struggled

Unfortunately neither Brodie or Greenwood will be in my SC plans

Last edited:
No love for Adam Treloar in this thread? Currently have him sitting in my team at M4 behind Cripps, Bont and Titch

Coming off a career best year doesn't see him present much value, unless you think he can add another 5+ ppg to his average.

Most people are looking for uberpremos who can got 120+ as their starters, or value picks / fallen premos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back