Review Rate 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Yourself: by far the best year in what has been a pretty tough last decade. A dear wish came true, and I would say to everyone just never give up on your dreams.

NMFC: finally broke free some old bolts, and so can now begin anew - what's not to love about that?! Loving Rhyce, loving our AFLW team, loving footy at Arden St again (even if I'm too far away to watch!), and of course, eternal and undying love for Jasper's hair.:heart::heart:

Your fave player: that is like the impossible question. Just so many to love. Probably most looking forward to seeing how high Larkey can go this year (especially now that he's got his heart fixed and working proper for him). Also hoping for Will Walker to come right back in where he left off. How realistic that is I don't know, but I'm pretty sure he would have been my fave player of 2019 if he hadn't got injured. Also looking forward to more Bailey Scott, and hopefully a resurgence of Tom Murphy.

My fave player for talent is TT. My fave player for heart is Jasper. My fave player for courage is Maj. More than any, I wish him the most success for 2020.

This board: some really funny and insightful people on here. Along with the usual boring and repetitive outbursts from the perpetually miserable guy in the corner. Like most parties I guess.

discodaddy

All Australian
Jun 13, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There are no others
How was 2019 for...

Yourself: Good, thanks for asking
Nmfc: To mangle Paul Keating’s words: “it was the season we had to have”, meaning that sometimes you need to hit rock bottom before you realise that structural reform is needed in order to be successful. We’ve done the former; now we are all-in for the latter.
Your fave player: I don’t really have one, but if pushed I’ll hang my hat on Zurhar and TT. It does feel like we have a couple of A graders about to emerge - that should be fun to watch.
This Board: Well I read most days, so that must say something. We could do without the personal sniping.
And anything else about this year that you need to get off your navel? Yep, we are all &$&#ed. I think about this a lot, and I struggle to find ways in which we are not socially, economically, and environmentally borked. It’s all happening before our eyes.

Last edited:

BigBadByron

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This Board: Well I read most days, so that must say something. We could do without the personal sniping.

Why?

This is a serious forum.

LSIRaOoEaAL5-1.gif

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
How was 2019 for...

Nmfc: To mangle Paul Keating’s words: “it was the season we had to have”, meaning that sometimes you need to hit rock bottom before you realise that structural reform is needed in order to be successful. We’ve done the former; now we are all-in for the latter.
Your fave player: I don’t really have one, but if pushed I’ll hang my hat on Zurhar and TT. It does feel like we have a couple of A graders about to emerge - that should be fun to watch.
And anything else about this year that you need to get off your navel? Yep, we are all &$&#ed. I think about this a lot, and I struggle to find ways in which we are not socially, economically, and environmentally borked. It’s all happening before our eyes.

10 years of PM flip flopping and this is what we all reap

Pathetic

How was 2019 for...

I often think of 2019 as the season we had to have. The closer we get to season 2020 the more I think that.

BigBadByron

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No grand finals.

No top 4 finishes in H&A.

Had Cunners, Brown, Goldstein, Tarrant, Thompson, Ziebell, Wells and co to coach a successful team and still can't beat Gold Coast?

His sports science degree really helped us, probably massaging himself right now.

I find myself reminiscing more on past “glories” increasingly as I look forward to turning 65 in 2020. Can’t complain.

Chalk and cheese. To be clear, I preferred the cheese.

Jasper, Jed, Thomas and, hopefully, Will Walker in 2020

Let’s just say “catholic” and leave it at that. I don’t like what I perceive as mean spirited attacks on some of our players.

To paraphrase the other Scotts - “How good is Shawry?”.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Me: Flying
NMFC: A wasted season.
Favorite player: Don't have just one.
The board: Going downhill in sync with the intellectual aspects of society. I expect it will devolve to the point where only one group consensus is tolerated in the place, and it ceases to have any purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2019: Great a nationals and WAFL GF win.
NMFC: Shawry and some seriously talented kids coming through.
Fave Player's: Taz and Thomas
2020: should see them in the 8 ( hoping top 6)
See Kyron H. back out there with WW and young TT carving it up.
Some more improvement from LDU and Bonar to play like he looks.
Happy with the new board appointments, finally the club read BF and has employed a skills coach, but how about a running one.
Liking the new coaching appointments.
Most of all would like BF to be more North player friendly, we all have our faves, but some of the bagging on here is next level.
Have a great 2020 guys.

Me: One of the better years, tbh. But getting old sucks big time.
North: Wasted opportunity. But following that, plenty of reasons for optimism
Fave: Ben C, of course
The board: up and down.
Anything else: I agree that we humans have ruined the planet beyond repair. Not so bad for us oldies, really crap for the kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back