What terms or phrases need to be left behind in the 2010s as we move into the next decade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Influencer.

Everyone online seems to be an 'influencer' now. It's so overused.

This, a million times over.

Ever notice the "influencer" is also by pure coincidence, a self-absorbed flog with an over-flated perception of themself, or have I just given the dictionary definition?

stupid headlines on news websites that include the phrases "lost its mind" and "reacts"

eg

"This player did something (mundane in most cases) and the NBA world lost its mind"

"World reacts to....."

and please, do not let "2020 vision" become a headline cliche for everything next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stupid headlines on news websites that include the phrases "lost its mind" and "reacts"

eg

"This player did something (mundane in most cases) and the NBA world lost its mind"

"World reacts to....."

and please, do not let "2020 vision" become a headline cliche for everything next year.

Clicked on this morning's email from the new daily and there were multiple versions of that headline in the one posat alone. And we're not even there yet.

What terms or phrases need to be left behind in the 2010s as we move into the next decade? It can be from popular culture, the media, social media, in real life etc...

My nominations are...

Problematic
Here's all you need to know
My pronouns are
Ok Boomer
Let that sink in
Adulting
I love "Let that sink in", one of the best delivered lines from the penultimate episode of Breaking Bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back