Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Snake Baker awards

Pass of the year

The kick deserves credit as it makes Turner stop running towards two opponents and double back into free space.

The kick deserves credit as it makes Turner stop running towards two opponents and double back into free space.
Turner is running to where everyone expects the contest to be, Zurhaar shapes to kick to where Turner is running to and pulls the kick.

Its brilliant play. He's gonna be a star.

But Turner did nothing wrong either.

Turner is running to where everyone expects the contest to be, Zurhaar shapes to kick to where Turner is running to and pulls the kick.

You can’t teach kicks like that - some players just see it

Turner was playing percentages. The last thing he is is a dumb footballer. Zurhaar shows his brilliance by directing the play to his terms though. "I want my environment to be a product of me".

Turner was playing percentages. The last thing he is is a dumb footballer. Zurhaar shows his brilliance by directing the play to his terms though. "I want my environment to be a product of me".

You're a very good footy analyst when you make the effort.

Lets hope he gets back on track asap. Hopefully just waiting for the real stuff to start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you happy with his form so far?

I don't think I'm being unreasonable as Pykie has filled us in on how badly he has been going.

Again, I really like him as a player.
mate he has played a couple scratch matches and on the weekend where we couldnt hit a target out of the backline. Paul Ahern had 22 and 3 in his 1st practice game last year, perhaps the 1st round of practice games is not the greatest indicator for how a bloke is travelling.

Gee whiz people get sensitive over minor criticism! We all love the Bull!
I’m on the same wavelength as you. From all reports his preseason hasn’t set the world on fire and he certainly looked very ordinary on Friday Night.

Let’s hope it was just a bad outing and not a case of overindulging in ones own bath water?

I’m on the same wavelength as you. From all reports his preseason hasn’t set the world on fire and he certainly looked very ordinary on Friday Night.

Let’s hope it was just a bad outing and not a case of overindulging in ones own bath water?

I certainly think he will be fine as he is a bloody determined young man and made it in AFL the hard way (unlike some high pick underperformers in our team).

I was just saying he looks way off his best and get told to have a spell? Interesting.

Didn't realise we've won multiple flags recently.

I certainly think he will be fine as he is a bloody determined young man and made it in AFL the hard way (unlike some high pick underperformers in our team).

I was just saying he looks way off his best and get told to have a spell? Interesting.

Didn't realise we've won multiple flags recently.
It’s happened to plenty of young players who have thought they have made it, only to come crashing back down to earth with a thud.

Let’s hope it’s just a flat patch and he is working his arse off to get better and not just happy that he has got to the level?

It’s happened to plenty of young players who have thought they have made it, only to come crashing back down to earth with a thud.

Let’s hope it’s just a flat patch and he is working his arse off to get better and not just happy that he has got to the level?

Yes it has, or in McDonald's case it never actually happened to start with as too cocky etc as a father-son (to a dud)

I doubt Cam is content. I reckon he will be fine but I don't think it unreasonable to suggest his pre-season form has been shocking.

Zurhaar is more a David King or Lindsay Thomas than Anthony Stevens or Andrew Swallow.

Sometimes these guys with flair or dash need to be sat on their arse to get their heads straight.

His next game will give a hint as to how well he can refocus and plays his role.

And yes, it is only February but with the way Larkey and Zurhaar come across, I would be very surprised if he hadn't expected to dominate that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back