NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 - 4th & 5th Jan

Remove this Banner Ad

NIGHT ONE (JAN 4th)
Preshow
Great Bash Heel (Tomoaki Honma and Togi Makabe), Yuya Uemura and Yota Tsuji
vs.
Toa Henare, Alex Coughlin, Clark Connors and Karl Fredericks

Tencozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima)
vs.
Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi

Main Card
Jyushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujiname, The Great Sasuke and Tiger Mask (with El Samurai)
vs.
Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa and Ryusuke Taguchi (with Kuniaki Kobayashi)

Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL, SANADA, Shingo Takagi and Bushi)
vs.
Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, Zack Sabre Jr. and El Desperado)

CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano and Yoshi-Hashi)
vs.
Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens, Kenta and Yujiro Takahashi)

IWGP Tag Team Championship
Guerillas of Destiny (Tanga Loa and Tama Tonga) (c) vs. FinJuice (Juice Robinson and David Finlay)

IWGP United States Championship
Texas Death Match
Lance Archer (c) vs. Jon Moxley

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
Will Ospreay (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Jay White (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kota Ibushi

NIGHT TWO (JAN 5th)
Preshow
NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship
Gauntlet Match
The Most Violent Players (Togi Makabe and Toru Yano) and Rysuke Taguchi (c)
vs.
Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii, Yoshi-Hashi and Robbie Eagles), Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi), Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL, Shingo Takagi and Bushi), Suzuki-gun (Taichi, El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)

Main Card
Jyushin Thunder Liger's retirement match

Jyushin Thunder Liger and Naoki Sano (with Yoshiaki Fujiwara) vs. Ryu Lee and Hiromu Takahashi

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
Bullet Club (El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori) (v) vs. Roppongi 3K (Sho and Yoh)

British Heavyweight Championship
Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. SANADA

IWGP United States Championship
(winner of Archer vs. Moxley) (c) vs. Juice Robinson

NEVER Openweight Championship
Kenta (c) vs. Hirooki Goto

(loser of Okada vs. Ibushi) vs. (loser of White vs. Naito)

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Jericho

IWGP Heavyweight Championship and IWGP Intercontinental Championship
(winner of Okada vs. Ibushi) vs. (winner of White vs. Naito)

Looking at the cards, I'm not sure about the 2-night thing. The last 3 matches on night 1 look good; Sabre vs Sanada, Kenta vs Goto, Tana vs Jericho and the winner takes all match all look good on night 2 - but they could've easily squeezed the best of these 2 nights and the Liger farewell into one night.

The undercard is just really stale. It's the same faction match ups that I feel like I've seen 100 times. And while I know he's getting on, Suzuki is still a legit terrifying force, I can't believe how badly the misuse him.

For the first time since the streaming service became available, I don't see myself watching this live. I'm much more likely to cherry pick the best of the 2 shows and NY Dash.

How much I would love to see Ibushi win the World Title with it being over 2 Nights with a Title vs Title Match with Heavyweight and IC Title I can see it being Okada vs White again

I'm personally keen for both nights & I think that the second show could be the 'surprise' of the two--- Kenta/Goto, Sabre Jnr/SANADA and Jericho/Tanahashi all have the ability to be classics.

Should be fantastic. I wish WWE would learn from this and structure Wrestlemania this way. Instead of trying to cram it all over one day and 7 hours.

I'd rather they stop trying to cram everyone on the card, and leave it as 4-5 hours. But perhaps if it's successful for NJPW, then WWE will feel obligated to try it (and make us believe it's their original concept)

Eh, I'm okay with the WWE format.

Hall of Fame, NXT Takeover and Wrestlemania is 3 big nights of wrestling or 2 if you don't count the HoF

Agree that WWE could cut WM down a couple of hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh, I'm okay with the WWE format.

Hall of Fame, NXT Takeover and Wrestlemania is 3 big nights of wrestling or 2 if you don't count the HoF

Agree that WWE could cut WM down a couple of hours.
Hall of Fame is s**t. I would rather give that night to Wrestlemania for a 2nd night and instead allocate a 20 minute slot on the night for HoF speeches at various intervals. Perfect opportunity for multiple piss breaks while the speech happens.

Cant deny the whole back and forth from Tana and Jericho has me so much more in to there much.

I still think Jericho will win but gee if Tana wins ill be giddy.

Jericho vs Tana at Revolution wowee

Think Moxley will be the Revolution opponent. Either way Tana winning and reopening the door of communication for some sort of relationship between the companies would be best for both. NJPW should be more open to this now they suddenly lost their AXS TV deal. Getting anyone they can on TNT if an opportunity exists should be a priority.

WrestleMania is 5 hours (preshit doesn't count) and that's more than enough with George McMahon in charge.

Jericho is winning the bucks and Kenny are pissed at how New japan treated them at the end

Hopefully anyone but okada wins double gold

They are but business is business. Both companies need each other to some extent. And again NJPW just lost their US TV which had been very useful for them. Things have changed since the last talks.

They are but business is business. Both companies need each other to some extent. And again NJPW just lost their US TV which had been very useful for them. Things have changed since the last talks.
I dont know how serious this post is but the user has broken stuff before found it interesting.

EM_g412XsAE2rmg

It should happen but I don’t see it happening at all the egos of all involved are too big

It should happen but I don’t see it happening at all the egos of all involved are too big

Possibly. I don't know that business wise egos have caused problems for AEW. This would be the first big test.

Unhappy parties on both sides need to get over themselves. If Jericho and Gedo can see it's worthwhile and needs to happen then everyone else needs to get out the way of it.

How does AEW need NJPW?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back