Competitions AFC Board Draft Game 2019/20 Main Competition Thread - Now with Poll!

Should the draft extend beyond 30 rounds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Rance will be back, not in 2020 though

These religious retirements usually don’t last, they get the itch to come back soon enough

Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I reckon it's a Cyril type situation where people talk all season about his mystical return, right up to trade week.

Then nothing happens and he just remains retired
Well yeah, because when you're 30, after that amount of time out of the game you're either pregnant, or you Mumford style coke it up, then realise you have no savings (but you're still skinny cos, see point 1) and unretire to make some bank before going into rehab and retiring to davoreen park (it's not elizabeth).

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Rance will be back, not in 2020 though

These religious retirements usually don’t last, they get the itch to come back soon enough
The harsh realities of the loss of income dawns on people very quickly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Hits, Misses, Gambles & Steals - Rounds 26-30

Let's face it, they're all gambles at this stage. But anywho

Miss 429) 1990crow - Lewis Taylor (Sydney) my least favourite player in the competition. Definition of crab.

Miss 431) Pilchard_Adams - Tyson Stengle (Adelaide) for some reason we don't like this guy, hence topping up with two delistees in a similar role

Hit 433) FAITH - Jack Silvagni (Carlton) - in the last 5-6 rounds of 2019, for the first time in his career, he looked like being a player

434) Danger Zone - Alex Neal-Bullen (Melbourne) - second least favourite to Lewis Taylor. Garbage.

Gamble 436) Donkey Magoo - Lewis Young (Western Bulldogs) if they ever pick this guy he'll be a gun. What are these morons doing?

Miss 440) Pea Nut - Sam Durdin (North Melbourne) if he was ever going to do anything he'd have done it by now

Hit 444) Coopers - Lewis Melican (Sydney) solid pick up this late

Gamble 449) Donkey Magoo - Nakia Cockatoo (Geelong) will those delicate hamstrings ever let him on the park?

Shrewd 451) Danger Zone - Braydon Preuss (Melbourne) smart by DZ given that he also has Gawn

Miss 465) Pilchard_Adams - Michael Gibbons (Carlton) even amongst Carlton's players his ineptitude stood out last season

Gamble 468) Danger Zone - Paul Puopolo (Hawthorn) he's done I reckon

Steal 471) skam85 - Jack Watts (Port Adelaide) he was looking pretty good last season before that injury

Gamble 474) Pea Nut - Ben Jacobs (North Melbourne) he's 1st choice and effective if he can get his body right

Miss 475) Coopers - Jackson Trengove (Western Bulldogs) cooked and stunk anyway

Gamble 482) skam85 - Lachlan Sholl (Adelaide) fingers crossed this pays off. Would be un-Adelaide like to pick him but very welcome. Could be our inaugural outside player with good footskills.

Steal 499) Pilchard_Adams - David Mackay (Adelaide) 22 guaranteed games at pick 499... wow. Gets an unfair wrap on here. Probably should have gone in the early 490s

Pilchard_Adams

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have the opportunity to fulfill a dream... Something I have wanted for so long, for years now. Its so tempting to do it!

I have the power to delist DAVID MACKAY!!!!!!

But on the other hand with him on board, my team has a whipping boy. The ultimate whipping boy to take the heat from the fans and bear the brunt of the blame for any highly unlikely losses. What to do, what to do...

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
I have the opportunity to fulfill a dream... Something I have wanted for so long, for years now. Its so tempting to do it!

I have the power to delist DAVID MACKAY!!!!!!

But on the other hand with him on board, my team has a whipping boy. The ultimate whipping boy to take the heat from the fans and bear the brunt of the blame for any highly unlikely losses. What to do, what to do...

Delist Mackay, pick up Rioli

Back