Universal Love TRTT Part 9: Eat my ass you absolute man child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
On Star Wars: I have decided to think of VII, VIII & IX as $900m fan fiction excercises. It makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing, and from that perspective they were relatively entertaining.

I hope someone has a real crack at them one day.
What lie do you tell yourself to feel better about the rest of the films also being s**t and only existing to sell merch

First world champion for 2020. The purple man - Peter Wright of Scotland beats 3 time world champ Michael Gerwen of The Netherlands. What athletes!! Phil The Power Taylor won the last of his 14 world championship in January 2013.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
1577961426853.png

aha, nothing to do with his singing...

1577961556155.png

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
First world champion for 2020. The purple man - Peter Wright of Scotland beats 3 time world champ Michael Gerwen of The Netherlands. What athletes!! Phil The Power Taylor won the last of his 14 world championship in January 2013.

Having played a lot of darts over the last 3 days (my bicep is actually sore), I have the utmost respect for the skill of these guys.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
******* he'll. I've been about 2 days behind watching the darts the whole tournament, trying to avoid spoilers on every format I can think of

Have a quiet catch up with the eat my arse thread and just like that it's all been for nothing

Sad face
Sorry mate. The Sherrock win was prior to Xmas so didn't think it needed a spoiler tag.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
2014 World Cup semifinals
July 8, 2014 Germany 7, Brazil 1 Estádio Mineirão, Belo Horizonte, Brazil sorry @GremioPower
After the Olympic Gold Medal in Rio, our grief was over.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Anyhow as fate would have it I went to see Rise of Skywalker again tonight and what I think I can say about it is that it is the best movie in a shitshow of a trilogy, an ultimate guide of what not to do.

Just had a look at the #scottyfrommarketing on twitter and its brutal on Morrison. Had to laugh at this one.

But these aren't good looks

and had to laugh at this one too

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Doing the right thing and also being perceived to be doing the right thing is massive in these situations. Morrison is doing both extremely poorly. His strategy team/advisers have completely ballsed this up. The one good thing that may come out of this is that the Coalition's climate policy should be forced to be changed. The mood of the people has turned.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
He's really misread the whole situation from the start

Lucky for him an election is far enough away and there's not a lot of internal or external competition for his job

How did this country end up with such an insipid government

(Edit: 'he' being Scott Morrison, not that loveable rogue of a super talented doofus tennis player)

He's really misread the whole situation from the start

Lucky for him an election is far enough away and there's not a lot of internal or external competition for his job

How did this country end up with such an insipid government

(Edit: 'he' being Scott Morrison, not that loveable rogue of a super talented doofus tennis player)

Morrison has nothing to worry about.

Australians are idiots with short memories.

In 2003 John Howard was a "war monger" "guilty or war crimes" etc for sending Australian troops to support the yank led invasion of Iraq. The most hated man in the country.

Re-elected in 2004.

Doing the right thing and also being perceived to be doing the right thing is massive in these situations. Morrison is doing both extremely poorly.

This is what I don't get about the whole thing. Like Morrison or not, like the LNP or not, even believe in climate change or not, it would have been so ******* easy just to be seen to have been doing the right thing. You wouldn't even have to actually do the right thing! Just give the public the impression that you give the slightest s**t.

If we're being truly pragmatic and heartless about the situation, a disaster like this could have been a great PR opportunity for a Prime Minister, especially a LNP one who's going to have the media on his side. Say the right things, get the right photo ops and soundbites on the news. Look at what even a senile old campaigner like Rudy Giuliani was able to do for his popularity level after 9/11. Probably because he hadn't pissed off on an overseas holiday by 9/14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back