Arsenal
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Got back into FM (19) over the break.

Had a very successful season. Won the league by 11 points, Liverpool were good, I was better. One loss came in the last minute versus City (I don't remember the other). Outscored by Liverpool (by one goal). My striker finished one goal short of being the top scorer after Rashford hit a hat trick in the last game (I rested Waller for the FA Cup final).

Also won the FA Cup, Carabao Cup, and the CL, which was very tough. Somehow beat Atletico 5-4 away from home where I twice fought from behind. Rabiot scored a 95th minute winner. Huge. Pumped United 3-0 away in the quarter final. Lost 2-1 to Madrid in the semi away, and then won 3-0 at home. Final was against PSG who I smashed 3-0.

1577998454636.png

1578000981383.png

My elite regen striker. 22, and already 80 league goals in 109 games.

1578001130864.png

Cuisance was elite. Surprising as well because he had spent most of the season unhappy. He had the most assists for the season.

1578001171369.png

My 90m pound purchase from Milan in the off season. Pretty much displaced Sancho and came up big in quite a few games.

1578001160389.png

Going to sell De Ligt and this guy is his natural replacement. Much better and younger.

1578001182544.png

Great back up for Waller. And still only 21.

1578001191212.png

Sent him on loan for half a season, whether he is my first choice next to Cuisance or not, I'm not sure, but he's a great option.

1578001199660.png

He was listed for 60m so I signed him last season. Not bad at all.

1578001214567.png

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Got back into FM (19) over the break.

Had a very successful season. Won the league by 11 points, Liverpool were good, I was better. One loss came in the last minute versus City (I don't remember the other). Outscored by Liverpool (by one goal). My striker finished one goal short of being the top scorer after Rashford hit a hat trick in the last game (I rested Waller for the FA Cup final).

Also won the FA Cup, Carabao Cup, and the CL, which was very tough. Somehow beat Atletico 5-4 away from home where I twice fought from behind. Rabiot scored a 95th minute winner. Huge. Pumped United 3-0 away in the quarter final. Lost 2-1 to Madrid in the semi away, and then won 3-0 at home. Final was against PSG who I smashed 3-0.

View attachment 800852

View attachment 800859

My elite regen striker. 22, and already 80 league goals in 109 games.

View attachment 800860

Cuisance was elite. Surprising as well because he had spent most of the season unhappy. He had the most assists for the season.

View attachment 800862

My 90m pound purchase from Milan in the off season. Pretty much displaced Sancho and came up big in quite a few games.

View attachment 800861

Going to sell De Ligt and this guy is his natural replacement. Much better and younger.

View attachment 800863

Great back up for Waller. And still only 21.

View attachment 800864

Sent him on loan for half a season, whether he is my first choice next to Cuisance or not, I'm not sure, but he's a great option.

View attachment 800865

He was listed for 60m so I signed him last season. Not bad at all.

View attachment 800866
How many seasons in?

I've recently started a new 19 save with Hertha Berlin, downloaded PA/CA updates and transfers/manager changes. Sitting 6th going into the winter break. Haven't really made that many signings; Dennis Man, Robert Gumny, Soucek and a young Bayern GK in the summer. January window I've got Ollie Watkins from Brentford lined up who got a decent CA boost and is averaging 7.99 in the Championship with 18 goals and 8 assists from 19 starts

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
How many seasons in?

I've recently started a new 19 save with Hertha Berlin, downloaded PA/CA updates and transfers/manager changes. Sitting 6th going into the winter break. Haven't really made that many signings; Dennis Man, Robert Gumny, Soucek and a young Bayern GK in the summer. January window I've got Ollie Watkins from Brentford lined up who got a decent CA boost and is averaging 7.99 in the Championship with 18 goals and 8 assists from 19 starts
I am in pre-season of 25/26.

Liverpool for a few seasons were elite. Couldn't get near them, even with cheating lol. They hit 102 points one year!

Adjusted my tactics and made some astute signings, and things have gone my way. Also has helped that Salah and Firmino are aging, VVD is gone also. Though, Salah won POTY at age 33. 20 goals and 8 assists. Crazy.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
honestly found it tough so far to get into a save on 20. pre season feels like it moves at a real snails pace
Everything I've read about 20 is the engine is really bad; strikers constantly missing one on ones, wingers never crossing/passing and just shooting into side netting.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Strikers fluffing one on ones while being clean through is definitely a thing. I get about 5 a game it feels like.
Yep both of these things happen way too muchZ it’s super frustrating
Think I'll stick with 19. When I get sick of this file I'll just download an updated DB and go from there.

Jul 13, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
After not packing a TOTY in FIFA, loaded up FM 20 for the first time since release. Starting off at the shitshow that is Western Sydney, hoping to find a lower end job after the first season.

1579067120576.png

Season 2 of the league and this time we got promoted into the top flight of Kosovo football as champions with Vilaznia (P) also losing their final match. Also won the cup via some god damn miracle as we had to defeat four of the top tier teams to qualify for European football.
1579067238107.png

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone got this on Nintendo Switch?

Also is it possible to use patches or add-ons on the Switch? guessing not. those detailed fantasy Australian pyramid ones look cool.

Anyone got this on Nintendo Switch?

Also is it possible to use patches or add-ons on the Switch? guessing not. those detailed fantasy Australian pyramid ones look cool.

To answer the second question, no I don't think you can get add-ons for the Switch version of the game.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I remember why i stopped playing FM now.

Decided to throw on a new seaon, playing in the A league thought i'd challenge myself and go with Central Coast.

Crush the ******* league with my tactic second season, finish on top by a mile.

FFA Cup final......lead 3 times, Sydney equalise 3 times including 117 minute of extra time. Then Sydney keeper saves the first 3 penalties in a row. Sydney miss none.

A League Semi final, lose 1-2 to completely garbage Victory team at home despite 30+ shots at goal and 15+ on target.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I remember why i stopped playing FM now.

Decided to throw on a new seaon, playing in the A league thought i'd challenge myself and go with Central Coast.

Crush the ******* league with my tactic second season, finish on top by a mile.

FFA Cup final......lead 3 times, Sydney equalise 3 times including 117 minute of extra time. Then Sydney keeper saves the first 3 penalties in a row. Sydney miss none.

A League Semi final, lose 1-2 to completely garbage Victory team at home despite 30+ shots at goal and 15+ on target.
I've always found the a league way too hard to get into due to the salary cap. Would love to do an MLS career starter with 4-5 season there before moving to Europe

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
The most annoying part of the A League is the shitty "can't buy players off other A league clubs" rule.

If you play MLS you'll have to deal with the draft system AND salary cap......it's painful.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The most annoying part of the A League is the shitty "can't buy players off other A league clubs" rule.

If you play MLS you'll have to deal with the draft system AND salary cap......it's painful.
Yeah i feel like i dont get the rules their well enough

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Never been more dejected or upset at a game ever until last night. Heartbreak, despair, and anger all filled my veins. I felt shattered. Not even Mrs Cruyff could make the pain go away.

MD38. I start the day on top of the table. I am playing Man United, away, who are three points behind me but are ahead on GD by about 15. If I draw, I win the league. I made it hard for myself because I drew on MD37 - at home - against Leeds where I dominated the game and should have won.

So I start the game against United. Taken a safe approach, playing for a point. I dominated the first half, things were looking good, thought I might be able to grab a goal. Encouraged the boys at half time to do it for the fans.

Second half begins, and they score in the 51st minute. I keep creating chances, and I had a chance to equalise in the 92nd minute. De Gea ******* stopped Jovic's shot from about 4 yards. I finished second, equal on points, but lost the league on ******* GD. The match stats were in my favour 17/3 - 17/8. ******* bullshit.

What made it worse as well is that the pricks beat me three days earlier in the CL semi. But they lost the final to Liverpool.

Shattered. Absolutely shattered.

fu** I love this game.
So Liverpool beat Utd in the Champion League Final? Glorious!!

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I've been playing some FM20. Had a couple of unsuccessful saves with Villa and Southampton.

Now starting a save with Wolves which has been good. Only start with 15 million as they have already brought in several players when you take over but with thay money I brought in Tonali from Brescia and Szoboszlai from Salzburg.

Back