Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
The journo pile-on is now getting completely ridiculous.

Journos getting into Morrison for a video - which was made almost definitely by his office and would not have had his involvement - discussing the Govt response to the bushfires.

Why?

Because it has an authorisation on it with his name.

Here’s a hint - every bit of political communication, even if it is just conveying information, has to have an authorisation on it. Regardless of whether it comes from the ‘Australian Government’, an office or even the PM himself.

It’s actually against the law for them not to, and can be ordered to be taken down.

That kind of bleating is why the media has a problem. Because they are chasing the complete bullshit rather than the actual issues.

What the media that is generally right of centre? Just wow.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
No it doesn't. Says "authorised by Scott Morrison, Liberal party". Its mandatory.
If it was an Australian government advertisement it would say "Authorised by the Australian Government, Canberra". Perhaps you should take the time you spend on here and do something useful with it like invest in your own education. Then you might not such a rwnj

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
The journo pile-on is now getting completely ridiculous.

Journos getting into Morrison for a video - which was made almost definitely by his office and would not have had his involvement - discussing the Govt response to the bushfires.

Why?

Because it has an authorisation on it with his name.

Here’s a hint - every bit of political communication, even if it is just conveying information, has to have an authorisation on it. Regardless of whether it comes from the ‘Australian Government’, an office or even the PM himself.

It’s actually against the law for them not to, and can be ordered to be taken down.

That kind of bleating is why the media has a problem. Because they are chasing the complete bullshit rather than the actual issues.
This ad is so poorly timed, to put it kindly. How you or anyone can defend it baffles me.

This ad is getting reaction from not only journos, but current and ex politicians. It is an absolute, utter disgrace.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

FB_IMG_1578130198589.jpg

No it doesn't. Says "authorised by Scott Morrison, Liberal party". Its mandatory.
Which makes it a Liberal Party ad as far as I am aware.

Because if it was a government ad it would say authorised by "The Australian Government".

Happy to be corrected of course. Being open minded and all.

lateniter

All Australian
Oct 9, 2012
NSW Hunter Valley
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Norwood, East Perth, Spurs, 49ers
Thats not a Liberal part advert. The PM is rightfully communicating the Australian govts responce to the fires in the face of idiodic claims its doing nothing. Van Onselen has been a disgrace for many years. Unbelievable that any university would allow him to teach political science.
Maybe you should have a chat with some volunteer firefighters.
Ours, in the NSW Hunter Valley, say they find it very hard getting the required equipment, especially masks.
They were very grateful when I donated enough to buy a few proper P3 masks.
The P2 dust masks (packs available at Bunnings) provided to firefighters are woefully inadequate in a blazing bushfire.
The blame is probably shared by the federal and state governments, bearing in mind the feds have severely cut assistance to state govts.
But until now Morrison has rebuffed attempts to talk about federal involvement in fire assistance.
Not long ago he was declaring that firefighters had everything they needed (and wanted to be in there fighting).
He appears to have been forced to act, apparently by the public reaction.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
This ad is so poorly timed, to put it kindly. How you or anyone can defend it baffles me.

Conservative cultists would defend anything

If Scomo shoots someone on 5th avenue they'd cheer it

Only yesterday that they were throwing bushfire victims under the bus for not shaking hands with Dear Leader

This is going to get seriously ugly for the government. Shame an election is so far away
There will be calls for a RC. No doubt.

I wonder if the morons in power will object to it?

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Heres the whole clip

Can you imagine how overworked and stressed out these people are?

They are literally heroes, but I bet ya they won't be compensated financially by the government because of the SIR PLUS

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Can you imagine how overworked and stressed out these people are?

They are literally heroes, but I bet ya they won't be compensated financially by the government becomes of the SIR PLUS
In fairness i believe smoco has addressed that with compensation being made available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back