Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
8 straight losses but now 3 out of past 4 have been wins. 8th seed and an annihilation from the Lakers in the playoffs is still a chance lol.

Ayton hasn't played much this season after the suspension and injuries, but it seems like 15/10 is his normal day out. Pretty good numbers, but any chance those 15 points can become 20+ soon? I know not everyone can come in and be Doncic, but that would be really nice.

Someone also needs to explain the Trevor Ariza for Oubre Jr trade to me. That seems like one of the most lopsided trades in recent memory.

8 straight losses but now 3 out of past 4 have been wins. 8th seed and an annihilation from the Lakers in the playoffs is still a chance lol.

Ayton hasn't played much this season after the suspension and injuries, but it seems like 15/10 is his normal day out. Pretty good numbers, but any chance those 15 points can become 20+ soon? I know not everyone can come in and be Doncic, but that would be really nice.

Someone also needs to explain the Trevor Ariza for Oubre Jr trade to me. That seems like one of the most lopsided trades in recent memory.
It was actually Ariza for Oubre and Austin Rivers whom we waived.

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Wasn't it because they had both Oubre and Otto Porter at the 3? But then they got rid of Porter as well (maybe that was after Wall's injury?), so maybe not...

Wasn't it because they had both Oubre and Otto Porter at the 3? But then they got rid of Porter as well (maybe that was after Wall's injury?), so maybe not...
Yeah, that's how I remembered it. They chose Otto Porter over Oubre and Oubre wanted to go to a team where he had a bigger role or something.
Well Oubre was coming out of contract so they had a decision to make and chose accordingly. Ariza was only on a one year deal. You’re all correct though, one of the rare recent trades where we absolutely smashed it. Trading up to get Mikal Bridges also appears another.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
26-21 today in 35 minutes! Monster numbers albeit against the Knicks.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
I've been watching a lot of the Suns games recently as I've got some extended time off work. Unfortunately I missed the win over Houston and have seen a big block of frustrating losses. Even today's W was pretty yuck.

I think going forward, The Big 3 - Booker, DA and Oubre Jr are all young and form a good core. These three should all naturally get better next season too. Hopefully Oubre doesn't get laid off in the summer.
Rubio, I think is a better player than what he is showing, but he's been struggling recently. Tired and playing injured is my guess, I think he's a good stop gap for the point guard position. If we can get an upgrade on him that would be better.
Need to somehow find a solid PF in the summer without breaking the bank.

Bench players - I absolutely love the look of Bridges and I like Cam Johnson. Carter has really good hustle and is about 10 years younger than I thought he was. Don't have much time for the rest. Hurry up and get fit Baines and Saric.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders

Just came across this vid.

Basketball was so nice to watch back then.

I actually became a Suns fan after I attended one of their home games in December 2003. I thought Starbury was simply amazing. About a week later he was traded haha. Just before Nash came in.

Good comeback win against Chicago today. DA is starting to become a force (still turns it over too much though). And I could watch Cam Johnson shoot allllll day.

I can’t believe we won that. Everything seemingly going against us. Ayton horrible, Book in foul trouble and the bench steps up and gets it done. Unbelievable. Only 1.5 games back of the 9 seed now.

I can’t believe we won that. Everything seemingly going against us. Ayton horrible, Book in foul trouble and the bench steps up and gets it done. Unbelievable. Only 1.5 games back of the 9 seed now.
When we're predictable, with Booker taking nearly every shot, off the pick n roll, we're easy to stop. When unpredictable, and the bench's shots are falling, we look decent..

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
Booker finally getting that respect. All it took was a game winner against a contender.

I think he will be all NBA and an all star starter next year, he is ready, has a solid team around him now too

The bench adding some spark, in particular Saric who was scoring double digits in (nearly) all the bubble games, made a huge difference. Took the pressure off Booker who could rest and come back and not feel the need to get his predetermined number of touches and subsequently throw up bricks or flop for fouls that were never called.

Made him look more mature as a player.

Good win boys. Bucketload of turnovers but the defence was pretty good. Payne, Johnson and Galloway huge off the bench

Back