Has Jack Martin finally arrived ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Cuningham is also fit again. If he can stay on the park will be a gun. Then you now have Gibbons, Fisher, Dow, Stocker Owies Polson Lang fighting for spots along with Silvagni Kennedy & TDK. They will all push each other to do better. Josh Honey & Phillips will need time but look okay as well. Lots to like

Re: Flanders I like that we got Kemp & Philp. Kemp will be a star IMO and Philp looks good. I've been impressed by Ramsay more than anyone so far.

Really looking forward to this season.

Yeah I’m a big fan of Cuningham, he’s has gone under the radar a little due to injuries, but he could be a absolute gun, has some serious tools to work with and has a rare mix of explosive speed and goal kicking nous.

Haven’t seen much of Honey or Phillips, but I think our best 22 has moved past Polson Lang and Owies types being genuine long term options.

The day after the draft, my co worker brought her son into work and we started talking about the draft.
He said “you guys did well last night”
and I said “yeah I really rate Kemp and would have been happy if we picked with him @ pick 9.
His reply was “yeah Kemp at pick 17 is a good get”, but he was talking about Philp, he played at the knights with Philp this year and couldn’t speak highly enough of him, he did say we have to be patient, but we have a ripper, was telling me that some of the stuff Philp does around the stoppages is jaw dropping, super clean hands and instant turbo after winning contested ball.

Happy new year mate :)

I posted this tread in 2017, after Martin played a ripper game against us, he had actually played a really good patch of high level consistent footy and it didn’t get much attention from the Melbourne media, but people were starting to see that it wasn’t all hype and this kid could seriously play.

I posted this tread in 2017, after Martin played a ripper game against us, he had actually played a really good patch of high level consistent footy and it didn’t get much attention from the Melbourne media, but people were starting to see that it wasn’t all hype and this kid could seriously play.

I get that, I was just saying happy new year to LordLucifer mate. Nothing to do with this thread :)

Agree Jack Martin is a sublime talent, hopefully some of Eddie‘s mentoring and effervescence will impact and inspire Jack’s determination and work rate too.

Agree Jack Martin is a sublime talent, hopefully some of Eddie‘s mentoring and effervescence will impact and inspire Jack’s determination and work rate too.

Yeah can see Eddie making our forward line group walk a little taller, no pun Lol
Think our young talented forwards might even make Eddie fall in love with playing footy again, will certainly love being in a forward line which he isn’t the best contested mark in, with the contested marking power we have Charlie, Harry, Levi, McGovern, Martin Cripps, Kreuzer, Eddie could be a bizzy man, think he plays he’s best footy as that crumbing snap shot sharp shooter.

Wow just occurred to me, how much contested marking fire power we actually have in our forward.

Yup and tigers will feel the brunt come opening game, it will be a close match. Baggers will be pumped.
Well Rd 1 is your grand final. Should be a similar result as previous years. Blues play out of their skins for ~3 quarters, keeping the margin close, before we cruise away in the last to win by 4-6 goals.

Having just lost their Rd 1 grand final but in a respectable manner, media talks up the "young" Blues, who then proceed to fall apart and lose a bunch of games, thus propping up the ladder. All because they spent the entire summer amping up for their Rd 1 grand final.

Jack Martin will be similar to what he was at Gold Coast. Flashy player who drifts in and out of games but can't impact too much because of his extremely light frame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Rd 1 is your grand final. Should be a similar result as previous years. Blues play out of their skins for ~3 quarters, keeping the margin close, before we cruise away in the last to win by 4-6 goals.

Having just lost their Rd 1 grand final but in a respectable manner, media talks up the "young" Blues, who then proceed to fall apart and lose a bunch of games, thus propping up the ladder. All because they spent the entire summer amping up for their Rd 1 grand final.

Jack Martin will be similar to what he was at Gold Coast. Flashy player who drifts in and out of games but can't impact too much because of his extremely light frame.

Good call re; Martin. Tracking a very similar career path to All Australian, two time premiership winning player Titch Edwards at this point.

Yeah I’m a big fan of Cuningham, he’s has gone under the radar a little due to injuries, but he could be a absolute gun, has some serious tools to work with and has a rare mix of explosive speed and goal kicking nous.

Haven’t seen much of Honey or Phillips, but I think our best 22 has moved past Polson Lang and Owies types being genuine long term options.

The day after the draft, my co worker brought her son into work and we started talking about the draft.
He said “you guys did well last night”
and I said “yeah I really rate Kemp and would have been happy if we picked with him @ pick 9.
His reply was “yeah Kemp at pick 17 is a good get”, but he was talking about Philp, he played at the knights with Philp this year and couldn’t speak highly enough of him, he did say we have to be patient, but we have a ripper, was telling me that some of the stuff Philp does around the stoppages is jaw dropping, super clean hands and instant turbo after winning contested ball.

Philp looks good so far. Ramsay has really impressed me. Looks good on the track. They will take a cautious approach with Kemp but he is a big boy. Nearly as big as Cripps. I rated him Top 3 in the draft so very happy.

What I like now is competition for spots. Players now will really have to earn their position and that will make a huge difference. What I like about adding Martin Betts & Newnes is its a couple of mature players that can step straight in. Martin & Betts are close so I expect them to work well together. I think we will get the best out of Martin. Northern Blues will be worth watching.

Also, people need to remember that when Teague took over he didn't really have Charlie Marchbank Setterfield Kennedy Docherty Jones Martin Betts Newnes Williamson Dow McGovern Cuningham fully fit or available. I expect significant improvement throughout the year

Apart from Charlie & Marchbank (who will be back very soon) and Kemp everyone is fit and training well.

Last edited:
Yeah can see Eddie making our forward line group walk a little taller, no pun Lol
Think our young talented forwards might even make Eddie fall in love with playing footy again, will certainly love being in a forward line which he isn’t the best contested mark in, with the contested marking power we have Charlie, Harry, Levi, McGovern, Martin Cripps, Kreuzer, Eddie could be a bizzy man, think he plays he’s best footy as that crumbing snap shot sharp shooter.

Wow just occurred to me, how much contested marking fire power we actually have in our forward.

Different structure to Adelaide may help Eddie. Taylor, Jenkins, Lynch weren't big pack markers. More leading types. With Casboult, McKay & McGovern they will all make a contest. Should create chances for Martin, Betts & Cuningham etc. Their ability to lock it in and defend will be a big part of their roles.

3 paragraphs for one of the more pedestrian trolling attempts I’ve seen recently

I'd tell you to try harder, but it looks like you're maxed out.

Imagine winning a premiership and then spending the entire off-season melting - classic Tigs.

Imagine winning a few late season nothing games and group fapping about how the return of 40 yr old Betts and flaky Martin will be the difference. Never change :)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine winning a few late season nothing games and group fapping about how the return of 40 yr old Betts and flaky Martin will be the difference. Never change :)

Or the fact we won those games without Charlie McGovern Marchbank Betts Newnes Williamson Docherty Jones Dow Kennedy Stocker Martin Cuningham and we now have another pre season into a talented young group. :cool:

The first word says it all.
Sad troll...school holidays are half over so don't fret.

Or the fact we won those games without Charlie McGovern Marchbank Betts Newnes Williamson Docherty Jones Dow Kennedy Stocker Martin Cuningham and we now have another pre season into a talented young group. :cool:

Led and carried by old timers Murphy, Kreuzer, Curnow, and formerly Thomas.

Younger curnow and Docherty permanently injured, Mudguts McGovern still tubs. Newnes?, Williamson?, Stocker?, Cunningham? Are they even players.

Marchbank and Kennedy are average, Jones and Martin flaky, Betts old and slowing down.

You guys have had a permanently “young” group for the last 7 years, has to change eventually and you better hope you get results or you’ll be in the muck again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back