Can Hawthorn succeed while ignoring the elite end of the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time opposition teams will have to contend with Mitchell, Patton and Frost, whilst Wingard, Scully and Scrimshaw will be fitter then last year, better seasons expected from Gunston, Breust, Sicily and O’Meara.

Worpel and Lewis haven’t even scratched the surface yet, plus a whole lot of other stuff. :$:thumbsu:
Frost's disposal is garbage.

Has some good attributes (ie - pace and good in 1 on 1 contests) but his disposal and clangers are soul destroying.

Has some good attributes (ie - pace and good in 1 on 1 contests) but his disposal and clangers are soul destroying.

Couple of close mates who are Demon fans said that Frost was their best down back last year, they admired his aggression and weren’t happy losing him but Dees do have these positions covered with Lever and May so all good for your team. They also said that Frost was probably lost to the club due to his relationship with May after he was berated on field during a game.

Re Frost’s disposal he will have the likes of Hardwick/Siss/Srimshaw directly surrounding him and they are elite with their disposal so I am sure Clarko will have Frost practising his hand ball technique. We did get monstered a couple of times against teams with big forwards so hopefully Frost can play a role to negate this and it could also release Siss.

Hawthorn did have a great little run there. I'm sure you'll love reminiscing about it over the next 4/5 years while Hawthorn struggle to be competitive. But I'm all about living in the present and looking towards future and not dwelling on the past. I'm all about creating new memories and experiences.
You don't really have much choice though, with a junked up past like that.....

This time opposition teams will have to contend with Mitchell, Patton and Frost, whilst Wingard, Scully and Scrimshaw will be fitter then last year, better seasons expected from Gunston, Breust, Sicily and O’Meara.

Worpel and Lewis haven’t even scratched the surface yet, plus a whole lot of other stuff. :$:thumbsu:
Oooooo frost and Patton. I'm sure the competition is shaking in their boots! Last time I saw Patton play before he did his ACL he could barely run. Frost is a turnover merchant.

Other teams improve as well you know. Hawthorns gains could easily be trumped by other teams this year. In fact, I'd say it would be a 50/50 whether hawthorn will rise up the ladder or fall. I'd say the most likely outcome is they stay the same. Middle of the road.

Oooooo frost and Patton. I'm sure the competition is shaking in their boots! Last time I saw Patton play before he did his ACL he could barely run. Frost is a turnover merchant.

Other teams improve as well you know. Hawthorns gains could easily be trumped by other teams this year. In fact, I'd say it would be a 50/50 whether hawthorn will rise up the ladder or fall. I'd say the most likely outcome is they stay the same. Middle of the road.
Is that the same level of Ooooooo whenever playing Carltank over the last 3 decades or this year 😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:

Carlton haven't improved since Pratt was dishing out cash in brown paper bags.

Jog on minnow.

You are a bitter bitter person, Carltons mediocrity for a millenia has messed with your brain. Just calm down.

You are a bitter bitter person, Carltons mediocrity for a millenia has messed with your brain. Just calm down.
Just love stirring the Hawk crew. As a Carlton supporter I have no ego. We've been rubbish for so long my expectations are so low. Hawthorn supporters are clinging onto the glory days and you can see how every little criticism hits the pride, ego and arrogance. You've had a good run. You'll be right

Just love stirring the Hawk crew. As a Carlton supporter I have no ego. We've been rubbish for so long my expectations are so low. Hawthorn supporters are clinging onto the glory days and you can see how every little criticism hits the pride, ego and arrogance. You've had a good run. You'll be right

Yeh it’s an interesting shift in the overall mentality of the average Hawk supporter.

With every season past 2016 they’ve grown a little more edgy and have had to re-adapt from winning premierships each year to to being a sometimes finals team like Essendon or Port Adelaide.

My best Hawks supporter mate doesn’t even want to talk about footy anymore - it’s really sad.

Yeh it’s an interesting shift in the overall mentality of the average Hawk supporter.

With every season past 2016 they’ve grown a little more edgy and have had to re-adapt from winning premierships each year to to being a sometimes finals team like Essendon or Port Adelaide.

My best Hawks supporter mate doesn’t even want to talk about footy anymore - it’s really sad.
Either your mate doesn’t watch many games because he is a bandwagon supporter, has no idea or you are a liar. All of my Hawks mates are very optimistic with the way we are positioned for the next few years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was clinging onto the glory days and couldn’t see what is brewing ..... I wouldn’t be on here! You seriously/simply show envy of Hawks success while your club has been woeful for so long.

Last edited:

I’m guessing your mate is a deadshit.

Frawley is in the same boat, question marks on his decision making, but Hawthorn recruited Frost because of his 1 on 1 defensive ability and his speed. I think he’ll do just fine as long as he’s instructed to handball.

Frawley is in the same boat, question marks on his decision making, but Hawthorn recruited Frost because of his 1 on 1 defensive ability and his speed. I think he’ll do just fine as long as he’s instructed to handball.
Im sure there will also be the empty forward line and then a chaos ball into the forward 50 over the wall for Bruest Poppy or Nash to sprint to

Couple of close mates who are Demon fans said that Frost was their best down back last year, they admired his aggression and weren’t happy losing him but Dees do have these positions covered with Lever and May so all good for your team. They also said that Frost was probably lost to the club due to his relationship with May after he was berated on field during a game.

Re Frost’s disposal he will have the likes of Hardwick/Siss/Srimshaw directly surrounding him and they are elite with their disposal so I am sure Clarko will have Frost practising his hand ball technique. We did get monstered a couple of times against teams with big forwards so hopefully Frost can play a role to negate this and it could also release Siss.
Very fair and measured response re: Frost. I wasn't exactly doing cut wheels either that he departed, as he would've been good depth for the club.

I agree with your Melbourne mates that he was our best defender last year. And so he should have been with May and Lever missing about 14 games each, and O Mac stagnating and also being injured.

He really needs to cut out the brain fades if he's to make it in Clarko's side.

Very fair and measured response re: Frost. I wasn't exactly doing cut wheels either that he departed, as he would've been good depth for the club.

I agree with your Melbourne mates that he was our best defender last year. And so he should have been with May and Lever missing about 14 games each, and O Mac stagnating and also being injured.

He really needs to cut out the brain fades if he's to make it in Clarko's side.
Agree. But we've got good ball users down there. Dish it off to blokes like Sicily, Scrimshaw, Hardwick, Impey, Burgoyne etc.and we'll be ok.

Agree. But we've got good ball users down there. Dish it off to blokes like Sicily, Scrimshaw, Hardwick, Impey, Burgoyne etc.and we'll be ok.
My concern with that will be when Frawley, Stratton and Frost are all in the backline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back