Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The matter of no comeuppance for the perpetrator is a side note. A la more famous cases, this person may have inflicted damage elsewhere. Wondet if it spawned any investigation?

I hadnt thought if that. With these sort of crimes i think the victims usually dont want to be labelled and spend there whole lives avoiding facing what occurred to them. What a horrible mess.

Theres probably a lot more of this going on than people think.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The Irishman. Not bad. 7/10. It looks like Scorsese has run out of ideas. IMO, Pesci stole the show with his portrayal of Russell Bufalino.

Had a look at the 1st episode of Ozarks, and I was impressed.

Warning: Graphic violence

Last edited:

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some help. Was doing the Palawan 5 hour bus trip and they had this bizarre movie.

These warrior types ( animal skins and axes ) moving across this jungle / desert wasteland from outpost to outpost ( once inside they were safe )
They were getting advice from the gods along the way to assist and fighting amongst each-other with brutal results. Not sure what language.

Production and camera work pretty slick.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
The Irishman. Not bad. 7/10. It looks like Scorsese has run out of ideas. IMO, Pesci stole the show with his portrayal of Russell Bufalino.

Season 1 is a ripper

Season 2 is a bit sillier but ok

Season 3 was supposed to be out in Sept but something has held it up.

Bateman is in a Stephen King HBO production along the lines of True Detective called 'Outsider' (I think) and it looks creepy.

Which by the way, Snake you would like True Detective (HBO) possibly

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

The first series is the best cop show I have seen, and IMO, McConaughey & Harrelson produced the best performances of their careers.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
The first series is the best cop show I have seen, and IMO, McConaughey & Harrelson produced the best performances of their careers.

S02 was poor to average expect for the episode where Adams went up to the House.

S03 was better...sad actually watching him as an old man

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
S02 was poor to average expect for the episode where Adams went up to the House.

S03 was better...sad actually watching him as an old man

I reckon this was one of those shows that would have reached perfection if it ceased at the end of season one. Anything that came after just couldn't compete as an art statement.

It's like "The Office xmas special". It hung in time as perfection (for a decade).

Season 1 is a ripper

Season 2 is a bit sillier but ok

Season 3 was supposed to be out in Sept but something has held it up.

Bateman is in a Stephen King HBO production along the lines of True Detective called 'Outsider' (I think) and it looks creepy.

Will be watching Outsider, but I reckon Ben Mendelson should get top billing over Bateman, much superior actor, imo

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Ozark is brilliant. Scorsese is already making his next movie with De Niro. It’s based on the book ‘Killers of the Flower Moon and the birth of the FBI’. Its about a bunch of murders of native Americans after oil was found on their land. True story

Back