Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With all this well intended generosity going around and the volumes of money invovled....

PLease dont let me see some scumbag getting sticky fingers

GO Catters

Yeah, he broke his racquet and hit his dad on the arm mid-swing, and his mum came down and yelled at him.

I saw footage this morning - it's absolutely funny when his mum comes down from the stands and all his teammates are like, "*, we need to get out of the way"

Cracked up laughing before. Just before I had to leave to go to work, they were interviewing the original Wiggles on the Today Show about them reuniting to do a couple of 18+ benefit concerts to raise funds for the bushfires. One of the hosts asked how the 18+ shows differ to their normal shows, and Greg replied "We do the same stuff, it's just that the kids don't drink cordial anymore." :D

With all this well intended generosity going around and the volumes of money invovled....

PLease dont let me see some scumbag getting sticky fingers

GO Catters

What about scum bags knocking on doors pretending they're raising money for the bushfire appeal?

What about scum bags knocking on doors pretending they're raising money for the bushfire appeal?
lowest of the low and exactly what I was referring to - any form if scumbaggery to do with this should get the old school world punishments.

GO Catters

They don't muck around at GMHBA Stadium. Noticed when I went past this morning there was a crane in the middle of the ground removing the drop in cricket pitch.
Western United have their next "home" game on Jan 19 - so 11 days to get the ground transitioned from cricket to soccer

Been crazy busy this morning. Taken 14 calls already. Up in Melbourne I'd take about 20 over the course of a day. Of course, the calls I take there tend to be a lot longer/more in depth than most of the calls I take down here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed the tree again :(
I went last night after the cricket finished - took a video of the new year edition to the Xmas tree

The light show was maybe more exciting with the Xmas edition, but I preferred the music from last night

I went in 09 and would totally go again if they are to also play in Melbourne - 80k at the MCG and it was absolutely pissing down rain at various stages & not one person cared how wet they or their possessions got that day

I saw footage this morning - it's absolutely funny when his mum comes down from the stands and all his teammates are like, "fu**, we need to get out of the way"

I found it funny how his father was sitting down the front beside where Tsitsipas would sit at the change of ends, but after he was hit with a racquet and had a ball hit in his direction, he decided to sit up the back with the rest of the Greek team for the rest of the match. :)

Wonder if the AFL will follow suit, or just use the special match to raise funds....

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has announced the opening week of the 2020 season will be a dedicated Bushfire Appeal Round to raise money for those affected.
It comes as fellow sporting bodies AFL and Cricket Australia begin considerations to host special matches to aid the bushfire appeal, while Aussie NBA stars band together to donate $1 million to aid.
The NRL's plan will form part of a whole-of-game approach.
Internal teams across the QRL, NSWRL and the RLP have been formed to develop a plan to have the biggest possible impact.
Details are still being finalised but Greenberg has confirmed the dedicated opening round is just one element of a coordinated response from the major rugby league arms.
The NRL is also putting plans in place to honour and emergency services personnel and volunteers during the round.

Saturday May 9: Geelong vs Essendon @ MCG (home) - guessing this will be the annual Country Game between the 2 clubs

In past years haven't there had SES, CFA volunteers etc walk around being cheered on by the crowd - if they are doing the same this season then it could be a very long round of applause but maybe that weekend could also be used by the AFL in a similar way to the NRL with round 1

Make it some sort of Country Appreciation Round with CFA, SES, Reservists etc honoured at each game

Seems our cricketers or at least Captain Paine & Goat Lyon's, may have bought a little bit of joy to some of our firefighters who have been working hard in our fire ravaged areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back